The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

NormanicGrav said:
Just Passing Through said:
Seems it will be in 2 halves not four quarters.

Oh bloody hell Manga, I get that you're using the Collections but why do that when you have Part 5 on its own it will just piss people off (like myself, I don't want to have 1-2, 3-4, 5 on my shelf).

Minor issue tbh, your buying it because you love the show, not because you like boxes to all be the same size. If anything I'd be more annoyed having to pay that much more for 1-4 on BD if I already had the DvD.

I just spotted Robotech: Love Live Alive coming to DVD January 27th 2014 under 'Revelation Films Ltd'.

The Robotech saga continues in this exciting new adventure and retrospective that blends new action-packed animation with the nostalgia of the original series that sparked the anime phenomenon around the world.

Lieutenant "Lancer" Belmont, a veteran of the Robotech's New Generation, recounts his journey from before his first encounter with Scott Bernard to the aftermath following Admiral Rick Hunter's expedition to liberate the Earth from the mysterious Invid race.

Special Features:
Deleted Scenes
The Making Of Robotech: Love Live Alive
Mospeada
Trailer
Animatics
Gallery

Includes English subtitles and 5.1 surround sound.

Latest BBFC ratings:
Another - Episodes 1-6 (12 ~ Contains moderate injury detail and occasional gory moments)
Another - Episodes 7-12 (15 ~ Contains strong gore)
Guilty Crown - Episodes 1-6 (12 ~ Contains moderate fantasy violence)
Guilty Crown - Episode 7 (PG ~ Contains mild language and fantasy violence)
Guilty Crown - Episodes 8-11 (12 ~ Contains moderate violence and visual sex references)
Guilty Crown - Episodes 12-17 (15 ~ Contains strong bloody violence)
Guilty Crown - Episodes 18-20 (15 ~ Contains strong bloody violence)
Guilty Crown - Episodes 21-22 (12 ~ Contains moderate fantasy violence and occasional gore)
Shangri-La - Episodes 1-6 (15 ~ Contains strong sex references)
Shangri-La - Episodes 7-12 (12 ~ Contains moderate fantasy threat and horror, and moderate language)

SnowWolf said:
Outlaw Star's release date has just changed to December 30th. I've just gotten the notice from Amazon.

Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning on BD too. Which I imagine is to do with Siren's cancellation till next year of it?

I feel for Andrew & Co, all these push backs = [

MVM EXPO RELEASE
Our London Expo Deals and early releases!

Find out everything we'll have on special offer at MCM Expo on 25th-27th October

October's MCM Expo is almost upon us, so here's a heads up for what we're bringing to London for a weekend of revelry and cosplay:

New Title Announcements:

MVM has a whopping 11 new series to announce for Expo! One of those may have been sllightly leaked thanks to a certain trailer going live briefly on our Vimeo channel (well done if you spotted that!) but 2014 is already bursting with MVM anime goodness, and we have some real fan-favourites to announce!

Special Deals:

Every Expo we bring a heaping helping of amazing titles at silly prices, and this event will be no different - all of the below will be available from the MVM stand for the daft price of a tenner each:

AH! MY GODDESS TV COLLECTION
GRAVITATION COLLECTION
SLAYERS COLLECTION
STARSHIP OPERATORS COLLECTION

BAKEMONOGATARI PART 1 (DVD ONLY)
BODACIOUS SPACE PIRATES PART 1
NEEDLESS PART 1
SHANA SECOND PART 1

Also we'll have all of the remaining stock of our now out-of-print titles. Once these are gone, they're gone for good:

ELEMENTAL GELADE COLLECTION
R.O.D TV COLLECTION

Get them early!

Finally, we'll have exclusive availability of our two new titles:

HEAVEN'S MEMO PAD
PATLABOR OAV

We hope to see you at the show, and if you can't make it, keep checking our Deal of the Week for the latest deals, and subscribe to our twitter feed to keep up to date with all our news.

11 titles? madness. We already know one is Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia. They practically confirmed Infinite Stratos on their FB the other week. Excited for the other 9 :)

Basically for anyone wondering why so many delays - the prior mentioned close death in my family was a terminal cancer, so I spent the last two months taking care of them on and off with another family member. Won't give the details beyond that as it's pretty raw but my family given the degree I went to there you can guess how close it was probably.

Each delay explanation is accurate however the real root cause is the above as a result of it was I was working remotely as I could for the two months before at about 50% of my usual efficiency. The trade offs are things take longer to be checked or remedied without me around as some of my team are still learning the ropes. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to anyone by this but hopefully there's a degree of understanding afforded to it compassionately.

Simulcasts have been kept on schedule thanks to support and my priority now is to ensure no delays bleed into our 2014 slate such as Gurren Lagann, Durarara or otherwise and next week is when we go through all Q1 items to ensure this.

I'd rather let actions speak louder than words from this point forwards though so watch this space for the future.

AP

anime_andrew said:
Basically for anyone wondering why so many delays - the prior mentioned close death in my family was a terminal cancer, so I spent the last two months taking care of them on and off with another family member. Won't give the details beyond that as it's pretty raw but my family given the degree I went to there you can guess how close it was probably.

Each delay explanation is accurate however the real root cause is the above as a result of it was I was working remotely as I could for the two months before at about 50% of my usual efficiency. The trade offs are things take longer to be checked or remedied without me around as some of my team are still learning the ropes. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to anyone by this but hopefully there's a degree of understanding afforded to it compassionately.

Simulcasts have been kept on schedule thanks to support and my priority now is to ensure no delays bleed into our 2014 slate such as Gurren Lagann, Durarara or otherwise and next week is when we go through all Q1 items to ensure this.

I'd rather let actions speak louder than words from this point forwards though so watch this space for the future.

AP

Bless you, I understand. Hopefully you didn't put down anything said as bitching as no one here is like that. Personal issues like the ones you're dealing with come before what's been going on with the company IMO, I would of done the same thing.

I know I'm just a fan and you're part of a business that I'm a fan of but my thoughts are with you during these hard times.

Judging by the Twitter image MVM have posted. I can probably guess Hakuoki might be one of the secret titles alongside Dusk Maiden of Amnesia to arrive from MVM in the UK.

NormanicGrav said:
Judging by the Twitter image MVM have posted. I can probably guess Hakuoki might be one of the secret titles alongside Dusk Maiden of Amnesia to arrive from MVM in the UK.

Another Hanabee title too .. I wonder if they've picked up anything else from their catalog....

Then I guess it's time to play the guessing game.

Dragon Ball Z Screenshot comparisons between Orange Brick DVD, Upcoming Blu-ray and Dragon Ball Kai:
snapshot_dvd_005717_20131023_021621_zps6bfaf71d.png
BR4_zps7202ee72.jpg

Kai1_zps7080d7ae.jpg

Dannielle said:
NormanicGrav said:

Another Hanabee title too .. I wonder if they've picked up anything else from their catalog....

Surely someone will give us Toradora, especially as the complete collection and OAV either didn't happen or sold out almost immediately in Australia, fingers crossed

Oh god, the new DBZ blu-rays look WORSE than the orange bricks. I didn't even think that was possible :eek: They've been DNR'd to hell and back, when you combine that with the cropping it makes this release worthless. It's such a pity, the Level sets seemed to look gorgeous. Shame it was just too expensive to do the transfers in that way I guess.

The simultaneous dub news for Space Dandy is amazing.

anime_andrew said:
the prior mentioned close death in my family was a terminal cancer, so I spent the last two months taking care of them on and off with another family member.

My condolences Andrew, keep strong.

Teo

Back