The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

October Anime air dates:
Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! (She Has Adolescent Delusions, But I Want to Love Her!) - 3rd October (TV Tokyo, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, and TV Aichi).
Little Busters - 6th October (Tokyo MX/TV Kanagawa/TV Aichi/MBS)
Medaka Box Abnormal - 10th October (TV Tokyo)
To Love Ru Darkness - 5th October (Tokyo MX)

Ath said:
Maybe he can use his existing relationships to rescue old Beez licences for KazeUK, like with Code Geass (correct me if it doesn't work like that).

If I'm right Kaze already announced the licence rescue for Geass, with a BD release.

Teo

teonzo said:
Ath said:
Maybe he can use his existing relationships to rescue old Beez licences for KazeUK, like with Code Geass (correct me if it doesn't work like that).

If I'm right Kaze already announced the licence rescue for Geass, with a BD release.

Teo

Yeah that's what I meant haha, I've edited my post to make it clearer :D

A Sherlock manga makes more sense to me than the Marvel anime that have been made, could be interesting.

fabricatedlunatic said:
But when it turned serious...

mRBqu.jpg
:lol: Glad I'm not alone on that one.

Joshawott said:
October Anime air dates:
Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! (She Has Adolescent Delusions, But I Want to Love Her!) - 3rd October (TV Tokyo, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, and TV Aichi).
Little Busters - 6th October (Tokyo MX/TV Kanagawa/TV Aichi/MBS)
Medaka Box Abnormal - 10th October (TV Tokyo)
To Love Ru Darkness - 5th October (Tokyo MX)

Looking forward to more Medak Box. Enjoyed the first season more as it progressed despite thinking that quite the opposite would happen.

Little Busters is Key so I have high expectations, even if Clannad did recently dent my opinion of them.

The drum of penguins must be one of the best made shows of the last ten years, hype train is now leaving the station. Would be cool if Kaze turned round and said "January" to stop me having to import it.

ilmaestro said:
The drum of penguins must be one of the best made shows of the last ten years, hype train is now leaving the station. Would be cool if Kaze turned round and said "January" to stop me having to import it.
Given Sentai's want to screw people off with the blu rays, that might not be an issue.

Timetable and tickets available for Scotland Loves Anime now, there's going to be a Q & A with Naoko Yamada and Yoshihisa Nakayama, director and producer respectively, of K-ON! Movie.

I am extremely annoyed that Ninja Scroll is being put on the week before :evil:

I made sure when I put in for holidays in work this year to have the weekend for SLA off and now I'm likely to miss this one chance to see this film on the big screen because they decide to put it the week before, for reasons I don't know.

Anyway, I've bought tickets for everything else now and can only hope that if I'm working that Sunday that it's an early finish. If not then this coupled with the lack of Wolf Children is going to make me a very unhappy bunny regarding this years festival.

I would love to see the Q&A session, as well as "a "bite-sized" performance of Mozart's opera The Magic Flute involving Kamishibai", never mind the movies. I couldn't wangle that weekend off, though, the week after my Dad's 60th, and I'm not traveling on the Friday for PW and Gyo, will wait to see what's on the next Friday.

Ticket prices are commendably low, though.

So if for some reason you wind up unhappy with the UK release of Persona 4 on Blu-ray, and obviously the US version is dead without Japanese audio, the Australian release won't be an option.

Madman are going to use the Kaze masters for their release.

http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopi ... 540#887540

Originally Posted by Slykura
Yes, we will be doing P4 on Blu-Ray.
However there is going to be something different with this release.

We are going to be trying out a new price point exclusively on the BD release - $39.95RP. BUT it will be single disc and contain 8-9 episodes in each volume.

That means that there will be 3 volumes in total.

The DVD release will remain the same price at $59.95 srp and also contain half seasons in each set.

If you add up the total you actually save 5 cents by purchasing the Blu-Ray volumes :p

Yes, we are getting Japanese audio 100% confirmed. Our discs are being authored in France of all places Smile

We plan to have a Box with Volume 3. Series ender boxes are like our thing these days Razz

Well, that's K-ON! and Phoenix Wright proven to be utterly unaffordable to me, unfortunately. I calculated that the cheapest I could get up there would be about £70....and 13 hours. Otherwise, it'd cost about £150 just to get up there.

Hopefully Sentai license the K-ON! movie soon...

Joshawott said:
Apparently, due to this controversy, people in Japan are boycotting the Kokoro Connect DVD/BDs.

Makes me very sad...
Yeah, that is a real cluster****. The number of people saying they're boycotting something on the internet, and the number of those people either a) actually boycotting it or b) having intended to buy it in the first place are not always closely matched, however.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
Apparently, due to this controversy, people in Japan are boycotting the Kokoro Connect DVD/BDs.

Makes me very sad...
Yeah, that is a real cluster****. The number of people saying they're boycotting something on the internet, and the number of those people either a) actually boycotting it or b) having intended to buy it in the first place are not always closely matched, however.

Boycotts don't seem to be effective basically for the above reasons. Prolonged and sustained shouting at the top of ones lungs however generates a better response as noone wants bad PR.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ntrums-Win

Warning Jim's style isn't for everyone

Back