The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ConanThe3rd said:
And after that, it's £100 two episode dvds of Gundam AGE for everyone.
With locked subs and a 4:3 cropped transfer...but it'll come with a collectable A5 poster on the £130 limited Volume 1 Super Pilot edition

Hoping that Bamco Japan will relicence stuff like Bebop to Funimation or Sentai at some point. Would love to see the upcoming BD transfers on a western boxset with the dub.

Last edited by a moderator:
animefreak17 said:
Ath said:
Get any remaining Bandai DVDs, BDs and other stuff you want now everyone, the final shipments of video stuff will be on November 30th.
Well you know what this means, buy Bandai DVDs.
I'm still not sure I understand... I think I need a third person to illustrate the situation a bit more clearly for me.

Well, it's because they'll go up in value soon. Once they stop shipping them, they will become harder to find and people will demand higher prices for them in the second hand market.

You mean we should buy Bandai DVDs because once they stop shipping them, they will become harder to find and they'll go up in value soon?

Yeah, I didn't exactly word that sentence very elegantly now that I've read it again. I blame it on dissertation fatigue. :p

ayase said:
You mean we should buy Bandai DVDs because once they stop shipping them, they will become harder to find and they'll go up in value soon?

Yeah, they're going out of print.

Ath said:
Yeah, I didn't exactly word that sentence very elegantly now that I've read it again. I blame it on dissertation fatigue. :p

ayase said:

someone should make a thread of all of Bandai's titles so we know which to get

ayase said:
They will probably cost more, yeah, since you won't be able to find them on store shelves, etc, and stores won't be able to order them in for you because Bandai won't be sending them out to stores anymore. Probably best to buy them now while they're cheaper.

Ath said:
ConanThe3rd said:
And after that, it's £100 two episode dvds of Gundam AGE for everyone.
With locked subs and a 4:3 cropped transfer...but it'll come with a collectable A5 poster on the £130 limited Volume 1 Super Pilot edition
Yep. Because that's totaly how progress works.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go become Roah and end this nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
ilmaestro said:
Just Passing Through said:
Bizarre. This is another show that I'm convinced was pretty bad.
I thought Samurai Girls was mildly entertaining when content with being lightweight harem fluff, as that's when we got the bulk of the fanservice (dem character designs). But when it turned serious...

mRBqu.jpg

I had high hopes for Samurai Girls as it blends all of my favourite things, but somehow it did end up less than the sum of its parts for me too. I may not watch the second season >_>;

R

animefreak17 said:
Ath said:

ayase said:

I found this link on their website that seems to have all their titles listed http://astore.amazon.com/bandaientert-20

I think I already got everything I wanted a few months back becuase I assumed they'd already stopped shipping stuff.

Rosencrantz said:
animefreak17 said:
Ath said:

ayase said:

I found this link on their website that seems to have all their titles listed http://astore.amazon.com/bandaientert-20

I think I already got everything I wanted a few months back becuase I assumed they'd already stopped shipping stuff.

Something Madman said on Facebook about their Bandai sourced titles when asked if the Bandai Ent closure affects them...

Same answer as back when they first announced their closure earlier in the year. No. All of the titles that are distributed by them in the USA we acquired from Japanese rights holders or the rights were reverted back to Japan and we have renewed all of them separately. It's exactly the same as before. No effect. We also do not have any products in our catalogue which require their products to sell. The only product which required this previously were the Eurkea Seven manga.

OOP in the US doesn't necessarily mean OOP

In other news, Madman also had this to say about Persona 4 Blu-ray and its Japanese audio...

BD release is still TBC, but if we cannot get JP audio for it, we will not be bothering with a BD release.

ANN reports that the BBC's Sherlock is getting a manga...

The October issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine is announcing on Tuesday that a manga adaptation of BBC's Sherlock television series will debut in the next issue on October 4. The artist "Jay." is launching the manga with an adaptation of "A Study in Pink," the show's first episode which was scripted by Doctor Who writers Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss.

Ahhh cool, Madman are on the ball. I guess that's the advantage of negotiating directly with the Japanese rather than sublicensing from Bandai Ent USA. Andrew shifted from Beez to KazeUK right? Maybe he can use his existing relationships to rescue old Beez licences for KazeUK, like they did with Code Geass (correct me if it doesn't work like that).

In other news, Madman also had this to say about Persona 4 Blu-ray and its Japanese audio...

BD release is still TBC, but if we cannot get JP audio for it, we will not be bothering with a BD release.
Absolutely, best way they can go about it. Saves them the giref of having to fart out a sub prime disk and they can pin aniplex across the wall for it without being explicit about it.

We'll see what Kazé does (and thankfuly Kazé's stuff is sourced from Europe IIRC so we don't need to see where it goes for Madman) but hopefully they'll keep their ground too. Ether we get all the balls or none of them, Aniplex. Bout high time the Japanese got told the law and made to obey it

The October issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine is announcing on Tuesday that a manga adaptation of BBC's Sherlock television series will debut in the next issue on October 4. The artist "Jay." is launching the manga with an adaptation of "A Study in Pink," the show's first episode which was scripted by Doctor Who writers Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss.
What? I-What? What?! My brain! My brain is full of f***!

Back