The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Funny how yaoi is on the list but not yuri.
It's under sexual content, so should be have been covered under hentai. So yes weird it's on the list, but surely something like given would still be OK (the anime didn't have sexual content, but not sure about the original source)
Comes off as either not knowing the what they're writing about or anti-gay.

tbf from what I've seen yuri doesn't tend to be as explicit as yaoi. Sure there's the odd scene here and there but it doesn't have the same reputation outside Japan

Not sure if this is the right area - if anyone is interested:

Free London Screening of Demon Slayer: Mugen Train on Monday May 24​

Tickets for free IMAX screening will become available at 5 p.m. today, followed by screenings at other U.K venues on Wednesday May 26.

That absolutely deserves its own thread.

I can't believe this. So young, man... Never thought it would affect me this much, what the hell.

One of the most important figures in the industry. That's so sad.

To my great shame I have never gotten around to reading the Berserk manga, but from its screen adaptations and the art of Miura’s I have seen, it’s clear he was a brilliant creative mind and artist. It’s sad that he has gone so soon and with his life’s work unfinished, but what an amazing legacy he leaves behind. Few people could hope to achieve even in 80 years what he has in only 54.

Pointless "Review".
Just over 300 words, almost none of which seems to be what they thought of the film, rather a brief description of what happens in it and what the characters look and sound like. In fact, here’s the only bit which I think actually counts as a review of the film:
the animation is fantastic, a superb blend of classic anime character design supplemented by CGI effects and swooping camera work
Quality content, mainstream media. Can I get paid to write stuff like this?

I expect to see similar reviews from Dutch mainstream media in the coming weeks, maybe even next week due to loosening of COVID restrictions. Doesn't help that the series isn't being streamed here, so the only way to watch is via piracy/imports/vpn.

Back