The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Yen Press has announced a new Yen Audio branch: audiobook versions of Yen On titles. The first titles revealed are Solo Leveling, coming out in July, and Sword Art Online in August.

ETA: Overlord will be released in September. The Miracles of the Namiya General Store will be released in November. The Saga of Tanya the Evil will also be released in November.

ETTA: Rakuten Kobo lists the audiobooks as being unabridged, but makes no mention of who will be reading them.

Further information from a blog post on the Yen website: the books will be released via: "Apple Books, Audible, Audiobooks.com, Downpour, Google Books, Libro.fm, Kobo, and more".

I presume it was only available direct from Sentai? I've never ordered from them, so that was the one place I never checked to see if such a thing existed.

It was US-only so United Publications did a special bulk order for the insane people in the UK who wanted their help. Everyone else had to sort out a proxy service. It's not my #1 favourite series ever but I do really rate it while acknowledging that it's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea :)

R

I'd been keeping an eye out for Sentai to announce a physical release for years.
This thread by @Blaize springs to mind:

OVERLORD IV and OVERLORD film covering the Holy Kingdom story arc have been announced via a special OVERLORD live-stream event. Studio Madhouse returns to animate the new stuff.

YD4nqHR.gif

Anyone heard of The Koyo Store?

I got a PR e-mail today telling me that they have the rights from Toei Europe to create and sell official Dragonball Z and Dragonball Super merch.

Looking at their site, they have a bunch of character pin badges.

I'll post a link if someone can confim they're for real...

Did I say screw eBay?
Screw eBay.
It’s tumblr all over again. I am becoming somewhat concerned by this backwards slide into corporate morality policing. It’s fine as long as other websites exist, but what if those web hosting behemoths decide it’s not just politics they disagree with that they won’t host, but smut as well?

Back