The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Neil.T

Time-Traveller
All these twitter quotes mean nothing to me as I don't do twitter or any social media sites.
The idea of The News Thread, though, is that you can read anime and manga news here without having to do Twitter. In fact, this thread is especially useful if you don't use any social media sites, I would say.

ayase

State Alchemist
All these twitter quotes mean nothing to me as I don't do twitter or any social media sites.
Are you allowing twitter embedding? If you’re not I can see how this thread being a big list of hyperlinks might seem a bit meaningless.

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
The idea of The News Thread, though, is that you can read anime and manga news here without having to do Twitter. In fact, this thread is especially useful if you don't use any social media sites, I would say.
Personally, as someone who has posted the news on this forum over the years, I feel that the Twitter embedding stuff is a bit overkill for a single page, especially as it takes a few seconds to load and cause you to scroll down even more, which is why on my streaming threads and overseas threads that whenever something new was revealed on social media I just use the classic method of using a link within a word or two.

Ian Wolf

Himouto
AUKN Staff
Manga Entertainment's latest newsletter has announced that Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 will be out on 15th June, and Demon Lord, Retry! will be out on 8th June.

BlackCondor93

Great Teacher
I found out through @Scavenger on the Blu-ray forum. This is regarding the rights to the Sailor Moon anime series.

Scavenger's post (from the Blu-ray forum):
According to a trustworthy French source, all branches of Viz Media (USA/EU) are going to lose the rights to Sailor Moon because of the translation scandal.
Scavenger also linked this tweet from the French source in question:

Neil.T

Time-Traveller
Scavenger's post (from the Blu-ray forum):

According to a trustworthy French source, all branches of Viz Media (USA/EU) are going to lose the rights to Sailor Moon because of the translation scandal.
What's the nature of this scandal, then? I haven't heard about it.

Scavenger

School Idol
What's the nature of this scandal, then? I haven't heard about it.
Jetblack was referring to this:
Viz Media promises to reprint the Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Limited Edition Blu-Ray booklet after referring to Sailor Uranus and Neptune as being in a “friendship” | Sailor Moon News

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 1 was released on DVD and Blu-Ray June 18th but some fans were not pleased with what they got! A relationship chart found in the booklet which is included in the Limited Edition Blu-Ray set refers to Sailor Uranus and Neptune as having a “Friendship”. This was noted by some fans including Erica Friedman of Okazu who wrote an article about it and brought the issue up with Viz directly.
They're not just "friends", they're partners.

The above is likely not the sole reason. There's for example also the straightwashing in the cancelled Portuguese broadcast of Crystal.

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
I still have issues with the “partners” translation why can Usagi and Mamoru be lovers but Uranus and Neptune not. But the reprint was/is better than the original

Captaaainuniverse

Time-Traveller
Even I’ve heard of the Uranus and Neptune thing and I’m not really into sailor moon. First they were cousins in the original run, now they’re friends, will they be colleagues next?

dude they’re meant to be girlfriends. Prayer beads down. It’s allowed in a magigirl show (or any show some would argue, except for romance shows that heavily focus on a hetero relationship, gays kind of disappear in those)