The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Elaniel said:
Log Horizon Part 1 Blu-Ray and DVD will be released by MVM on April 13.
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... =59&page=1

I'm super excited for this, and am happy to support more MVM Blu-Rays.

Other titles I've noticed:
Needless Complete DVD Collection - April 20th
Shakugan no Shana Season 2 DVD Collection - April 6th

What's the correct order for MVM's Shana DVDs?

Shana Series 2 Part 1
Shana Series 2 Part 2
Shakugan No Shana Collection

And then this new one?

Lutga said:
Elaniel said:
Log Horizon Part 1 Blu-Ray and DVD will be released by MVM on April 13.
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... =59&page=1

I'm super excited for this, and am happy to support more MVM Blu-Rays.

Other titles I've noticed:
Needless Complete DVD Collection - April 20th
Shakugan no Shana Season 2 DVD Collection - April 6th

What's the correct order for MVM's Shana DVDs?

Shana Series 2 Part 1
Shana Series 2 Part 2
Shakugan No Shana Collection

And then this new one?

Shana Season 1 Collection
Shana Season 2 Collection (alternatively Season 2 Part 1 & Part 2). This is just a collection of the half season sets.

I may well sell on/trade in my parts of Shana Season 2 and buy the complete collection. Depending on the cover of course. Having the same art on the spines of the parts kinda bugs me. Plus a complete set would sit nicer next to the first collection.

I'm surprised they're doing a complete set of Needless as I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that it didn't sell well for them? But maybe it's a handy way to use up excess discs, if that's the case.

New Section 23 licenses!:

- Patlabor: The Movie (DVD/BD, 5th May).
- The World God Only Knows OAV Collection (DVD/BD/Digital, 5th May) -> Includes the Tenri OVAs!
- Ninja Scroll (DVD/BD, 19th May). Previously announced, but there's a release date.

So happy that TWGOK's OVAs are licensed!

The previous Maiden Japan/sentai Patlabor Blu-rays were playable on UK Blu-ray players (namely PS3's) using certain tricks right? Hope it's possible for the Movies. I own the Japanese Limited Edition Blu-rays but more Patlabor is always welcomed!

Oh cool, I can continue Kaminomi after all! Might eventually have to upgrade my copy of Ninja Scroll to the current format yet again too.

R

It's not like we had a simulcast here anyway, but this week's Assassination Classroom has been cancelled. The announcement also made it seem like the future of the show as a whole is in doubt.

Elaniel said:
Animatsu licensed Akame Ga Kill.

Annndd... Animatsu now have my money. Really looking forward to that. Curious how soon they will release it after Sentai.

Could be their make or break title as far establishing their name with the buying public is concerned.

Akame Ga Kill could be an interesting test case for them. I don't think it will do as well as Attack on Titan, but it's a big title, and if it can do 2000+ copies in week one, I'll be seriously impressed.

Elaniel said:
Of all shows to be licensed....

Doesn't appeal to me, but good to see MVM still do have access to Sentai's catalogue.

Part of me says it'll probably sell quite well for them - after all, the obvious fanservicey shows usually do. Having Nigri's name attached to it might add a bit of extra oomph too.

I hope they don't, those covers were ..uninspired...

I've just looked for some other key art to use but coming up with nothing. This one is the obvious choice for a complete set:

60613.jpg

but other than that and the art equivalent for season 2 the show seems to be lacking any high quality official art for releases, but I might not be looking in the right places, as this is my first attempt at doing so.

Back