The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Elaniel said:
That Ghibli set is disappointing. I wasn't going to get it anyway as I have them all individually.

Would have been nice to have an additional box this one slides in to so you get an entire wrap around box to hold them.

This case reminds me of those complete series sets you get for £50-£60 with every season of the X-Files or Buffy in.

Agreed - and no doubt within a year's time it'll be far closer to that lower price.

I imagine if this was coming from Anime Ltd for example, it'd be packed full of booklets and extra goodies too.

Something new is coming in regards to Angel Beats: http://aniplex-key1222event.com/

Someone over at reddit google translated it:

Niconico live, starting at December 22 (Mon) 20., ANIPLEX × Key Presents New project & Angel Beats! I will live the new information press conference.

■ Cast Toba Hironori (Aniplex producer) Takahashi Yuma (Aniplex and advertising producer)

■ guest Takahiro Baba (Visual Arts representative) Kai (Visual Arts Director)

Large announced a new project by Aniplex and Key! Also announced such further Angel Beats! New information that marks the fifth anniversary. Do not miss A New Start of Key celebrating 15 years! !

Could it be a retelling with the full 26 episodes I believe they hoped they had?

I adored the show, but it seemed so rushed after a few fun random episodes.

Lutga said:
Elaniel said:
That Ghibli set is disappointing. I wasn't going to get it anyway as I have them all individually.

Would have been nice to have an additional box this one slides in to so you get an entire wrap around box to hold them.

This case reminds me of those complete series sets you get for £50-£60 with every season of the X-Files or Buffy in.

Agreed - and no doubt within a year's time it'll be far closer to that lower price.

I imagine if this was coming from Anime Ltd for example, it'd be packed full of booklets and extra goodies too.

We've been informed that this has sold out already and no longer available unless suppliers have physical stock, so won't be going down in price.

Dannielle said:
Some shots of the Miyazaki boxset, looks like it's flimsy & easily damaged/distorted, very disappointed. Spoke to the person who posted the instagram pic and they told me it's quite thin & soft. Considering the price tag, you'd think they'd use a firmer box.

iFOz8v.png

I wasn't sure I would pick it up as I have the singles but it was possible if it went on sale somewhere, for my Ghibli fanaticness but nope, not anymore.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, for MVM's 12 days of Xmas offer, if the title is available on BD & you win, you're able to choose that option as your prize. Confirmed via Twitter. In case anyone else was wondering.

Utter nonsense, that guy on instagram does not own this set.

The red stuff is a card wrap around, the white is the actual box. It's equal in thickness to my Funimation collectors editions and 50% thicker card compared to Anime Limited's Kill La Kill set.

The box actually has a secondary set of box walls inside to properly space the disc holders, it's rock solid.

Each set appears to be numbered aswell, there's a holographic sticker, I'm number 0037 :)

Dannielle said:

I reckon people are looking at the top right picture and think that the box is bending. In actual fact it's a combination of the angles of the front edge of the box (see top left and bottom right) and the spacer boxing inside that means there's a slight gap between the disc holders and the outer edge of the box.

Those pictures are lovely (especially the back covers). If I liked Miyazaki films enough to buy a bunch of them again, I'd definitely be rather tempted.

R

Has there been any comment yet about the video? I'm interested to find out whether these use the original Japanese video masters, rather than the DNR'd ones Studiocanal put out before.

Mangaranga said:
Has there been any comment yet about the video? I'm interested to find out whether these use the original Japanese video masters, rather than the DNR'd ones Studiocanal put out before.

There is a review of the set on this site:

http://www.blu-raydefinition.com/review ... eview.html

Still has the DNR'd video, which is a pity.

Two reviews of My Neighbour Totoro from the same site - StudioCanal and the Disney version. You can clearly see a difference in the colour and texture. The StudioCanal version looks washed out.

Hope this helps.

The UK and Aus versions of Princess Mononoke don't have the subtitle/dubtitle issue that the Americans have been complaining about, do they? Bought it, left it at the in-laws unplayed and won't pick it up until Xmas....

I don't think there's actually been an official update yet, but I just received confirmation of shipping and a tracking number for my Bubblegum Crisis BD set from AnimEigo.

While it's exciting to know it's finally on the way, the timing is perhaps a little unfortunate with the massive volume of Christmas post and the fact they've chosen to be law abiding and declare the full value, which probably means I'm in for a customs bill I can't really afford.

Last edited by a moderator:
ayase said:
I don't think there's actually been an official update yet, but I just received confirmation of shipping and a tracking number for my Bubblegum Crisis BD set from AnimEigo.

While it's exciting to know it's finally on the way, the timing is perhaps a little unfortunate with the massive volume of Christmas post and the fact they've chosen to be law abiding and declare the full value, which probably means I'm in for a customs bill I can't really afford.
They said the stabdard version would shipby th 13th and the premium by the 18th iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back