The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ilmaestro said:
Jyounetsu Tairiku (where the JP screengrabs are from) is a legit TV show, so it would have to be the world's least likely troll at this point to not be official.
One of my thoughts was whether they could have just taken a previous appearance on the TV show and added their own subtitles, or something to that effect.

theirsbailiff said:
Well, they're not closing down (That tumblr post is a mistranslation, as far as I'm aware) but they are most likely to do some restructuring.

ANN: Ghibli Co-Founder Suzuki: Studio Considers Dismantling Production Department
[/quote]
And that's why I was waiting for a better source than Tumblr.

Also, have Takahata movies really been profitable? Only Yesterday was a huge financial success if I remember correctly, but Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbour the Yamadas and The Tale of Princess Kaguya were apparently the opposite. Pom Poko is the only one I can't find figures for.

Lutga said:
Interesting that they're splitting up Monogatari second season into the small individual chunks. Suppose it helps keep the arcs separate, but means we'll end up with lots of 4/5 ep individual volumes.

That said, Monogatari as a series really felt like the title that helped re-invigorate MVM and finally push them into the Blu-Ray era, so you can't blame them for pumping it for all it's worth.

You have Aniplex to thank for all the individual volumes.

Dannielle said:
Great to see MVM confirm more Gatari releases. Will be buying them for sure, though saying that there's LOADS I want in Q4 :S

I wonder what they'll do when the movie comes out? (If it ever bloody does) seeing as they don't do Anime films...I don't see it being a title Manga would have, maybe Andrew could release it? Andrew getting hold of it might be a grand idea cause it'd open more windows for the other Gatari releases to gain promotion.

Whilst you're true we tend to shy away from movies, considering how well the Gatari series has done for us, it is quite possible we'll [try and] go for it as and when it becomes available.

This is going to be a long post since I missed a lot of stuff.

Elaniel said:
Patema Inverted surveys have gone out for Kickstarter backers.
I just got that sorted. Phew. Also, I'm happy that we were able to get the OST in the end.
Joshawott said:
FUNimation have announced, the day before release, that their Senran Kagura DVD/BD combi-pack doesn't include the 6 OVAs that it was advertised as having for quite some time.

While I understand that not all OVAs can be made available to the English audience but what I don't understand is why on earth did they not correct this until the last flippin minute. Regardless I'll still pick up the LE (I like the franchise in case you ask). At least they apologises and offered refunds.
Elaniel said:
I'll be pre-ordering HAL 100%, Blood Lad is still a maybe due to the rather nice Viz release and with Kill la Kill I'll probably end up with Aniplex but we'll see what Box Set #2 is like first.

As for Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, as much as I want to 100% pre-order it. I noticed that it's being displayed as a PG rating on Amazon (& 120 min runtime) which convinces me that Andrew is releasing the Cut Version (119 minutes long 'Family Friendly' edition) rather than the Uncut Version (121 minutes long 'Rather Out-of-Place but gets whacked in the head' scene, it got a 15 nonetheless). As usual I don't want edited/cut versions on my shelf so I want clarification before I pre-order the film. On the plus side they have the deleted scenes which was ignored on the Maiden Japan release.
Mangaranga said:
Viz's release of Gargantia has been listed for release in early October as a nice LE release.
This special edition contains a chipboard artbox and an 80-page, full-color premium booklet featuring art, character guides, episode summaries, and more!

Contains episodes 1-13 and OVA episodes 1-2.

Special Features: Petite Gargiantia Mini-Episodes 1-13 & Petite Gargantia Special (subtitled only), Clean Openings & Ending, Textless Episode Scenes, Original Japanese Commercials, Original Japanese Promotional Videos.
I still don't see Manga getting this out in September, nor do I really care if they do or not.
Agreed, there's no way that Manga would have the materials first given that they have to wait for the US release to start their PAL stuff. It'll probably get delayed to December at the very least.

On the other hand, I'll be getting that Viz set.
SnowWolf said:
Kamisama Kiss/Kamisama Hajimemashita Manga Gets 2nd Anime Season
YAY! Giggled my way through the first season, it had a great dub!

Look forward to this, hopefully it'll have the same comedic style as before.
Interesting, I'll have to check out the series.
Dannielle said:
Hunter x Hunter has been added to Netflix UK : http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Hunter ... ix_UK.html
I'm still questioning how this happened. No one in the US has got a clue either.
Just Passing Through said:
MVM releasing Bakemonogatari Collection 27th October DVD and Blu

and Devil Survivor 2 Animation 20th October on DVD.

EDIT

Haven't imported yet? Samurai Champloo on Blu-ray November 3rd

EDIT Again, from MVM's facebook

Nekomonogatari White BD/DVD 24th November
Kabukimonogatari arrives 1st December on both DVD and BD.
Blast of Tempest part 1 arrives 17th November, with part 2 scheduled for 8th December.
Great for those who can't import especially with Champloo.

I'll be sticking with the Aniplex versions for Monogatari and any other Aniplex related show.
Ian Wolf said:
The Robotech Academy Kickstarter project has been cancelled after reaching just under $200,000 of their required $500,000 target. 14 people selected the "Enemy Spy" tier, meaning that $28 was donated to the project by people who hated it in the first place.

Link
I wonder why...

But it's not over yet, their milking out Robotech on DVD again with Super Dimensional Fortress Macross added alongside it.
theirsbailiff said:
Well, they're not closing down (That tumblr post is a mistranslation, as far as I'm aware) but they are most likely to do some restructuring.

ANN: Ghibli Co-Founder Suzuki: Studio Considers Dismantling Production Department
Well that's good to know. I wonder whether Ghibli will decide to produce another TV film like Ocean Waves..
sniper_samurai said:
Elaniel said:
Attack on Titan soundtrack is available digitally and physically (coming into stock soon) from Amazon on behalf of Anime Limited.

Physical
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Attack-Titan-so ... soundtrack

Digital
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Attack-Original ... soundtrack
Picked it up on cd from Andrew at Nom-Con on Saturday, the insert folds out into a small poster, hope Anime Ltd are able to release more OSTs in the future.
Nice, though I felt the OST wasn't as amazing as Kill la Kill was but I'll probably pick it up at some point.
Ian Wolf said:
Devil Survivor 2 will be out on DVD on 20th October from MVM. Looks like there is no Blu-Ray.

Twitter
No surprise since the Blu-ray is delayed over in the US.

NormanicGrav said:
As for Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, as much as I want to 100% pre-order it. I noticed that it's being displayed as a PG rating on Amazon (& 120 min runtime) which convinces me that Andrew is releasing the Cut Version (119 minutes long 'Family Friendly' edition) rather than the Uncut Version (121 minutes long 'Rather Out-of-Place but gets whacked in the head' scene, it got a 15 nonetheless). As usual I don't want edited/cut versions on my shelf so I want clarification before I pre-order the film. On the plus side they have the deleted scenes which was ignored on the Maiden Japan release.
Always take info on Amazon with a massive grain of salt mate, it's often placeholder data. It makes no sense whatsoever for Anime Ltd to release the old cut version for this release so I highly doubt that will happen.

Ath said:
NormanicGrav said:
Always take info on Amazon with a massive grain of salt mate, it's often placeholder data. It makes no sense whatsoever for Anime Ltd to release the old cut version for this release so I highly doubt that will happen.

It's the uncut version - the placeholder is of course not 100% reliable. Using same video material for the master as Maiden Japan.

Very best,

AP

NormanicGrav said:
I'll be pre-ordering HAL 100%, Blood Lad is still a maybe due to the rather nice Viz release and with Kill la Kill I'll probably end up with Aniplex but we'll see what Box Set #2 is like first.

If you don't mind me asking - why the Aniplex version over the Anime Limited one? Not raging or anything but genuine curiosity as I'd at least like to try and cater our release to as many fans as possible :).

AP

anime_andrew said:
Ath said:
NormanicGrav said:

It's the uncut version - the placeholder is of course not 100% reliable. Using same video material for the master as Maiden Japan.

Very best,

AP

Phew, thanks for clarifying I was getting worried (for a week as well).

anime_andrew said:
NormanicGrav said:

If you don't mind me asking - why the Aniplex version over the Anime Limited one? Not raging or anything but genuine curiosity as I'd at least like to try and cater our release to as many fans as possible :).

AP

I tend to have this concept of choosing the Aniplex version over the rest of the world (e.g. Madoka and Monogatari) with some exceptions (e.g. Durarara!! [no sign subs] and Gurren Lagann [too many raw stuff which isn't worth the £400 cost]) but for some reason the KLK set amuses me.

But not to worry Andrew I'll end up getting your version anyway (you should thank the lack of the original OST 1 on AoA's set that'll given me this choice, the Remix CD is probably meh anyway).

If you end up getting more Aniplex titles I would like to know since the Blu-ray for R.O.D. (TV/OVA) has gone OOP from AoA for a long time and they don't have plans for a re-release, in addition the license for the UK should be free now.

While you're around, on Amazon is the HAL's listing for 'Collector's Edition Combi-Pack [DVD]' the Blu-ray version (i.e. BD/DVD combo)?

Actually regarding the pre-orders, I'll wait until you put them up on your Anime Limited shop given Amazon's pricing on anime has been insane these days.

Back