The *Im looking for* thread.

Was there ever a UK stand alone dvd release of Escaflowne the Movie? The only current way of getting it I see also has the series which therefore bumps up the price. I did find some stand alone versions, but they seem to be foreign Spanish, Italian, etc.

Was there ever a UK stand alone dvd release of Escaflowne the Movie? The only current way of getting it I see also has the series which therefore bumps up the price. I did find some stand alone versions, but they seem to be foreign Spanish, Italian, etc.
I don't think there was a stand alone UK DVD release of the movie.
I think AllTheAnime only did a blu-ray standalone of the movie (so that maybe your best bet, but I suspect your looking for the DVD for a reason)
Or looks to be a fair few US/Region 1 DVD of the movie on ebay

Yeah. For my sister's present. So I guess it'll the series + movie. Hopefully I can find a cheap second hand copy.
Just randomly browsing and thought it might be worth mentioning Escaflowne Ultimate edition (all the anime) has the movie on DVD and Blu-ray (TV series is blu-ray only). But obviously gonna be far more exspensive (£50 from cex and £80 new), but maybe an option if you need a set for yourself.
But I belive I have seen you mention you occasionally send off/split the DVD's from your collection.

Would have thought about that if I didn't already have both on Blu-ray already.

Another option is thinking of a film with a theme of love, was originally going to go with Time of Eve, but AL only released it on Blu-ray.
Already sent the Ghiblis, Hosodas and Shinkais. And the rest this year is: Patema Inverted, Maquia, A Silent Voice, Tokyo Marble Chocolate, Pancreas, Josee and Anthem of the Heart.
Or just leave it at that.

Would have thought about that if I didn't already have both on Blu-ray already.

Another option is thinking of a film with a theme of love, was originally going to go with Time of Eve, but AL only released it on Blu-ray.
Already sent the Ghiblis, Hosodas and Shinkais. And the rest this year is: Patema Inverted, Maquia, A Silent Voice, Tokyo Marble Chocolate, Pancreas, Josee and Anthem of the Heart.
Or just leave it at that.

If she'd be open to a series maybe something like Bamboo Blade or Angelic Layer? (both released here on DVD and I think they are rated PG) :)

Just wondering if anyone had Sayo and/or Moca (Bang Dream) Nendoroids for sale before I start looking at importing

Also Non Non Biyori Volume 15

Last edited:
Back