The *Im looking for* thread.

Found a few on eBay in the £15-£16 range. There's also a seller auctioning the discs for part one without the cases or artbox but you'd need to ask if they'll ship internationally

I'm looking for the Funimation Evangelion 2.22 slipcover for the Blu-Ray (the orange one).

If anyone has one to sell, I'm happy to pay for it.

Elaniel said:
I'm looking for the Funimation Evangelion 2.22 slipcover for the Blu-Ray (the orange one).

If anyone has one to sell, I'm happy to pay for it.

I'd try eBay US; I'm sure someone is selling the slip-cover (albeit for an expensive price).

Appleseed 2004 on blu ray.

Been looking for this for a while, but so far, all I can find are Region A discs, which I can't watch. If anyone has a copy they'd be happy to part with, please do sling me a PM!

HdE said:
Appleseed 2004 on blu ray.

Been looking for this for a while, but so far, all I can find are Region A discs, which I can't watch. If anyone has a copy they'd be happy to part with, please do sling me a PM!

The 2007 CGI film (subtitled EX Machina) can be picked up fromCEX for £6.50 (including postage).

In terms of the 2004 CGI Film (which was just labelled Appleseed and came out on DVD and UMD) then I don't think a UK Blu-ray exists.

Emo185 said:
In terms of the 2004 CGI Film (which was just labelled Appleseed and came out on DVD and UMD) then I don't think a UK Blu-ray exists.

Having checked earlier today, I think you may indeed be correct! I've found a Kaze edition on Amazon for silly money and assumed it was the English language version. Turns out it's French. Natch.

I'm actually kind of surprised at how pricey Ex Machina is on Blu Ray - I suspect because its becoming scarce now / OOP?

It kind of baffles me that there isn't a wider BD release for this. Surely Appleseed's gotta be one of the more banakable franchises?

Ah, well.

Only region B option really is the German release which has the English dub (I own it) no English subs & menus in German. Good if you just want the film looking it's best.

Thanks Serpantino!

I actually just found that... for a whopping £80 on Amazon.

Urr... guess it's time to beg the UK distros for a re-release. :?

Your only other option is to get the US version, and the good thing is that it's a sentai release and should work using the bypass method (however it hasn't been confirmed, so purchase at your own risk).

demonix said:
Your only other option is to get the US version, and the good thing is that it's a sentai release and should work using the bypass method (however it hasn't been confirmed, so purchase at your own risk).

Appleseed DOES NOT work with the Bypass method. I found this out last May when I received it alongside some other sets from Rightstuf.

Back