The *Im looking for* thread.

Re: the looking for thread

Yes I know I'm probably being lazy seeing as I've only looked as far as UP1 but can anyone tell me where I could find even more options of a Guts or Griffith figure from Berserk please? It's my new #1 favorite anime currently.

-Danielle- said:
Yes I know I'm probably being lazy seeing as I've only looked as far as UP1 but can anyone tell me where I could find even more options of a Guts or Griffith figure from Berserk please? It's my new #1 favorite anime currently.

Not to buy but http://myfigurecollection.net/ will have info on the figures. Buying, you have places like AmiAmi you could check out.

Thank you!

Continuing with my current theme...Berserk iPhone 5 cases. Where's best? There's a really nice one on CDJapan and Amazon I think which retails about £17.50, not checked delivery costs on top. I'm wondering if other than there and Ebay anyone can think of anywhere else that might also be cheaper please? :)

I had no idea where to post this question so this was the best place I could think of. I'm on a mission to replace my Tsubasa/xxxHolic volumes that are Tanoshimi with Del Rey. Del Rey volumes just seem to be better quality and it bugs me a little the volumes don't all match :lol: I'll hopefully be able to sell on my Tanoshimi volumes.

I've not got too many to replace and the prices now are pretty good. The thing is I'm not sure of many sites to buy manga that would list the publisher? I've noticed some volumes on Amazon have two different listings so I've ordered Tsubasa volume 8 and 10 from the same seller to see if I can trust this system.

Does anyone know anywhere else I could try if it doesn't work out? Sorry it's such an odd question.

PandoraHane said:
I had no idea where to post this question so this was the best place I could think of. I'm on a mission to replace my Tsubasa/xxxHolic volumes that are Tanoshimi with Del Rey. Del Rey volumes just seem to be better quality and it bugs me a little the volumes don't all match :lol: I'll hopefully be able to sell on my Tanoshimi volumes.

I've not got too many to replace and the prices now are pretty good. The thing is I'm not sure of many sites to buy manga that would list the publisher? I've noticed some volumes on Amazon have two different listings so I've ordered Tsubasa volume 8 and 10 from the same seller to see if I can trust this system.

Does anyone know anywhere else I could try if it doesn't work out? Sorry it's such an odd question.

Since they are being published by a different company, the second editions will have to use a new ISBN number to the old ones (I just checked and verified this on Amazon with random volumes). So what you want is a list of all of Del Rey's volumes and the correct ISBN numbers, then search by those instead of the title to locate the right books to buy.

Amazon and most other big shops use the ISBN quite strictly to order and manage their printed stock, so there's almost zero chance of getting the wrong book so long as the shop doesn't suck and you make sure you're ordering the correct version from the ISBN number. And if you do get something which is different to the listing, you can protest and send it back.

If you're struggling to find a list of numbers and have a list of volumes you need, I can see if I have any which are verified Del Rey versions (and I'm sure other members have a bunch of them too :D)

Another tip is that the ISBN numbers themselves are formatted to contain a unique code for each publisher, and of the ones I checked it looks as though those starting 009950____ are Tanoshimi while Dey Rey is 034547____.

R, who worked in a book shop a very long time ago

You're amazing Rui! So, would the sellers have to list ISBN numbers and make sure they were underneath the right heading? Most books had 'See all 2 formats and editions' and I just checked they said Del Rey. There were different sellers under the different options so I hope that is a good sign!

I'm afraid I'm not very good at all this.

I'd just hate to have a bunch of volumes and have to say to the seller that I was being picky over publisher :? I don't know how well that would go down. So for now the two volumes I bought are from the same seller so at least it would just be one complaint :oops:

Edit: I checked under Volume 8 but it had both ISBN numbers listed even though the publisher said Del Rey. I hope I get a Del Rey copy from my seller!

PandoraHane said:
You're amazing Rui! So, would the sellers have to list ISBN numbers and make sure they were underneath the right heading? Most books had 'See all 2 formats and editions' and I just checked they said Del Rey. There were different sellers under the different options so I hope that is a good sign!

I'm afraid I'm not very good at all this.

I'd just hate to have a bunch of volumes and have to say to the seller that I was being picky over publisher :? I don't know how well that would go down. So for now the two volumes I bought are from the same seller so at least it would just be one complaint :oops:

Edit: I checked under Volume 8 but it had both ISBN numbers listed even though the publisher said Del Rey. I hope I get a Del Rey copy from my seller!

The way Amazon works is that it indexes all of the books it sells by ISBN (there are two different types of ISBN, ISBN-10 and ISBN-13 - the part in the middle will be the same for both and it doesn't really matter which you use when searching so long as you're consistent). When a seller is going to sell a new book, they're strongly encouraged to search for it by punching the ISBN number printed on the cover into Amazon's system, then they're directed to the right place to list it. Unless they're deliberately lying or using a terrible system to guess the listing based on keywords in the title, you should never get the wrong version of a book ordering in this way (big sellers are unlikely to input the ISBNs manually - they'll scan the barcodes themselves directly from the book and list automatically against the correct item, so you might feel safer sticking with bigger traders).

If you're not sure, please feel free to send the seller a message too - they'll usually be happy to help confirm as it's a headache for them when a buyer isn't happy and sends something back. Sending the wrong version is a huge no-no in Amazon's system and if you take a picture of the ISBN and it doesn't match the one on the listing, the seller will be in big trouble and you'll almost certainly win any A-Z guarantee claims through Amazon without needing to argue.

When you see different versions of books listed at the top of an Amazon page, they'll all have a unique Amazon reference number (the long number which usually comes between "/dp/" and the next "/" in the Amazon link for that item). Each unique Amazon reference is linked to a specific ISBN number (or UPC/EAN if you're looking for a non-book item) and so it shouldn't be possible to get the wrong item after you've clicked on the right part. Of course, human error during packing is still possible but that shouldn't happen too often.

You can copy the Amazon reference number and search for it on Amazon USA (or any other Amazon store you like) to compare too; sometimes the UK listing won't include the publisher information but if you check Amazon USA you'll find confirmation that Amazon reference ABCDEFGH12345 (a made-up number) is the Del Rey edition.

I don't think it's at all unreasonable to want a specific version since there are often minor corrections in between printings even from the same publisher!

R

I sent an email to the seller this morning and (annoyingly) in my copy of the email it actually listed the number beside the books. Wish that information was available somewhere along the buying process, like with all the other seller information on the book. They've not answered yet, but now I know, thanks to you, that the number means they are Del Rey.

That's put me at ease knowing I should get the right copies even from sellers.

Thank you for being such a great help to me Rui :D and for explaining it all to me so well and nicely. Now I can carry on in my mission without being scared of sending copies back everywhere!

If anyone comes across a Del Rey copy of Tsubasa Volume 9 could they point me in the right direction? The only one I haven't managed to get so far.

quite littrely my first post on this site but im looking for quite the rare dvd which i can find the 2nd part but it would cost a considerable amount in imports to buy so would like to find a copy i wont get taxed heavily on

the DVD's im looking for are:
Blood + Special edition part1 (this is the dvd with a shirt included)
and Blood + Special edition part2(this is the dvd with a hat)

i realise that there is probably an incredibly low amount of these around so i'm not to fused if you have the shirt or hat if u know where its possible to find these copies from a reliable source or you have one you would sell or trade ty^.^

Head over to Amazon.com and you can pick up Part 2 for $11.20 plus shipping. Won't cost more than £14 all-in. As for Part 1 don't ever expect to find a copy.

Thanks alot part 2 ordered came to £18 including shipping so hopefully they dont include the 8 shipping on the items val and it will not get import charges for being less thean £15 thanks alot

Back