The General Conversation Area

No good news I'm afraid it looks like angel had some sort of stroke this morning and she has cancer and she has not been peeing enough and the vet gave her some injections and meds to give her and she's is going back in one weeks time to see if she has improved if not we will have to put her to sleep.

How's angel doing now? :confused: ❤️

How's angel doing now? :confused: ❤️
She's ok but not great but I think she may have to be put to sleep but I won't know until Wednesday when we see the vet.all she is doing is eating and drinking and sleeping and she is using the litter tray but not as much and she seems sad and she may be in pain if she is she's not showing any signs that she is.

She's ok but not great but I think she may have to be put to sleep but I won't know until Wednesday when we see the vet.all she is doing is eating and drinking and sleeping and she is using the litter tray but not as much and she seems sad and she may be in pain if she is she's not showing any signs that she is.

Good luck to both of you ❤️

It's horrible when that happens to your pets. Our old dog had a stroke, one day she was her normal daft self and the next day completely different, like a switch had flipped in her head. Took her to the vets, they said she could go to a bigger vets for tests but didn't think she would survive the trip. So we had her put to sleep as we were all there. We have her ashes in a wooden box in the front room. This was 8 years ago but still upsets me even now.

She may have to go to the vets earlier. we are going to how she is on Monday because my mum doesn't think angel will last till Wednesday.
It's horrible when that happens to your pets. Our old dog had a stroke, one day she was her normal daft self and the next day completely different, like a switch had flipped in her head. Took her to the vets, they said she could go to a bigger vets for tests but didn't think she would survive the trip. So we had her put to sleep as we were all there. We have her ashes in a wooden box in the front room. This was 8 years ago but still upsets me even now.

I'm sorry... sending love to both of you - I haven't had a pet since I was a child but I was very fond of the ones my family had then :( ❤️

Are roku sticks any good? Lookin at one for crunchyroll and hidive etc as my sammy tv doesnt support the apps
I bought a Roku Express 4K a few weeks ago and I really wouldn't recommend it. The Roku Crunchyroll app doesn't have features like favourites or crunchylists, and I often find the watchlist doesn't load properly, making it impossible to select anything (that may be because I have over 200 series in my watchlist). I also have trouble with some older shows losing audio sync after a few minutes, which I don't get on PlayStation or the website.

The HiDive app sort of works, but it uses the Roku's own subtitles, which are the fugliest thing I've seen since 1980s Teletext. They're only legible if you put a black background on them, and the font options are awful. Also any translations for on-screen text are badly misaligned.

Unfortunately I didn't get the job. They gave me feedback saying my answers were very good and I've got good experience but the person who got the job had a qualification that was in their desirable list on the job advert.

I appreciated the feedback considering its my first interview in 18 years.

This is often the case they cannot really justify hiring anyone other than that person

Don't be disheartened, somewhere out there is your job you will be very happy with and they with you

advice I give to all my jobseeking friends, throw your CV to agencies and let them do the legwork. Anything you don't like the sound of "no thank you" and soon enough it will be a "yeah sounds great!" and you've landed yourself a job fairly easily

Does anyone know how customs charges work now? I haven't ordered anything from overseas for ages and I think I'm a bit out of the loop.

I want something from Amazon US that costs £77.

From what I can gather from the Gov.UK site, there's only a customs charge for stuff over £135. Surely I'm not understanding that correctly...?

Does anyone know how customs charges work now? I haven't ordered anything from overseas for ages and I think I'm a bit out of the loop.

I want something from Amazon US that costs £77.

From what I can gather from the Gov.UK site, there's only a customs charge for stuff over £135. Surely I'm not understanding that correctly...?

Depending on what you are ordering from Amazon US the import charges show up in the checkout. For under £135 its not custom but VAT you pay which is 20% plus the handling fee for whoever delivers it.

Back