The General Conversation Area

My old cat angel.Angel turns 18 some time this year.she and her sister were 12 years old when I got them in 2017.View attachment 28236

Happy birthday to Angel OMG she's such a beautiful kitty and yes good for you for adopting two older cats as @Eternal chibi said 🥰 I used to really love cats and I had a cat when I was a kid he was called Angel too (he wasn't really little when we got him and I can't remember if he already had a name before that but I called him Angel anyway) :) I still like cats but I have OCD that kinda really first manifested when I was a teenager so I find animals more difficult to be around now :)

Happy birthday to Angel OMG she's such a beautiful kitty and yes good for you for adopting two older cats as @Eternal chibi said 🥰 I used to really love cats and I had a cat when I was a kid he was called Angel too (he wasn't really little when we got him and I can't remember if he already had a name before that but I called him Angel anyway) :) I still like cats but I have OCD that kinda really first manifested when I was a teenager so I find animals more difficult to be around now :)
Sadly angel's sister passed away the year after we got them.

My cat was taken away and it hurts very much still over 3 years later

It is very hard to give your love, because ultimately it will be taken away from you

However, you still must do so.

I had this conversation with my mum many years ago. She found it very hard to have a new cat because she was hurting very much after losing her two cats before,

I said to her that even if they were not there in your life, they would have existed and ceased to exist apart from you. The fact they were there at all is something you should be thankful for. And out there now, there are many other cats that need love and they will live and die with or without you. I think that it should be with you.

Of course after this she adopted two new cats and she is very happy with them. They are old now and it will be hard for her, but she knows it is worth it I think.

As you may be able to tell, I love cats very much, inherited from my mum of course.

Of course losing pets is always hard, they are our family after all, but the joy they bring when you had them is worth it I think.
I have two cats that are both 12 years old but I wouldn't change my time with them for anything. The love and comfort is worth it. They can also be annoying as hell too but it's still worth it 😂

I've never owned a pet other than having some fish in an aquarium, in college and after I got married. I never wanted the bother of taking care of any pets or getting attached to them. The last fish I had were two 8" piranha, Sparky and Chuckles, the only fish I cared for enough to give names to. Had them in one tank, with a second tank for all the feeder goldfish I gave to them, so definitely no fish to get attached to there, lol. Sparky jumped the tank while we were away on a weekend vacation, and I found him all dried up on the carpet when we got home. I just unceremoniously flush him down the loo...

We did have a white german shepherd when I was still home in high school, but that was basically my mother's dog, and she was a nightmare to keep, very destructive, so we had her only for a little over a year before we gave her to a local farmer. My mom also had a little white bishon friese many years later, which passed away at 12, just a month or two before my elderly parents quit housekeeping and moved in with me. I wouldn't have minded her in my house, she didn't shed, and wasn't a lot of bother. But I would never, ever have a cat in my house - sorry, but I really, really dislike cats to the extreme. Hate me now... 😘

I've never owned a pet other than having some fish in an aquarium, in college and after I got married. I never wanted the bother of taking care of any pets or getting attached to them. The last fish I had were two 8" piranha, Sparky and Chuckles, the only fish I cared for enough to give names to. Had them in one tank, with a second tank for all the feeder goldfish I gave to them, so definitely no fish to get attached to there, lol. Sparky jumped the tank while we were away on a weekend vacation, and I found him all dried up on the carpet when we got home. I just unceremoniously flush him down the loo...

We did have a white german shepherd when I was still home in high school, but that was basically my mother's dog, and she was a nightmare to keep, very destructive, so we had her only for a little over a year before we gave her to a local farmer. My mom also had a little white bishon friese many years later, which passed away at 12, just a month or two before my elderly parents quit housekeeping and moved in with me. I wouldn't have minded her in my house, she didn't shed, and wasn't a lot of bother. But I would never, ever have a cat in my house - sorry, but I really, really dislike cats to the extreme. Hate me now... 😘

Yes quite sad for you to not love the cats!!! sometimes the human just requires training

BUT quite curious you say you do not want to care for an animal and the go on to describe your fish! I think you still have the love for animals which is natural for all of us

Does anyone have any advice on buying a new laptop?

My old MacBook air is starting to give out so a replacement is long overdue. I need something with good memory and good enough for video editing but I have zero idea on what to go for. Should I stick with the MacBook line or go somewhere else?

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have any advice on buying a new laptop?

My old MacBook air is starting to give out so a replacement is long overdue. I need something with good memory and good enough for video editing but I have zero idea on what to go for. Should I stick with the MacBook line or go somewhere else?

Any thoughts?
It very much depends on your budget, if you are considering moving to Windows, Linux or just going with another Mac brand, as well as what video editor you use and whether you do it at home or on the go; so it's kind of tricky to give recommendations without knowing that but with regards to memory I would say look out for a computer with 32GB of RAM or more as content creating can get really demanding if you use the high end software.
Also, not an essential but I very highly recommend a computer with an SSD as opposed to a Hard Drive, it will speed up your loading tenfold, allowing you to get to your project much quicker and therefore finish it faster.

Last edited:
Angel is not well she is going to the vet as an emergency at 2.30.she has started to walk around in circles and her balance is not too good and is a bit confused and crying on and off.she was perfectly fine yesterday.for some reason she has taken a sudden turn

Angel is not well she is going to the vet as an emergency at 2.30.she has started to walk around in circles and her balance is not too good and is a bit confused and crying on and off.she was perfectly fine yesterday.for some reason she has taken a sudden turn

I'm so sorry I really hope she will be ok :( ❤️

I'm so sorry I really hope she will be ok :( ❤️
No good news I'm afraid it looks like angel had some sort of stroke this morning and she has cancer and she has not been peeing enough and the vet gave her some injections and meds to give her and she's is going back in one weeks time to see if she has improved if not we will have to put her to sleep.

Last edited:
No good news I'm afraid it looks like angel had some sort of stroke this morning and she has cancer and she has not been peeing enough and the vet gave her some injections and meds to give her and she's is going back in one weeks time to see if she has improved if not we will have to put her to sleep.

I'm rly so sorry poor angel and poor you :( ❤️ I hope she pulls through... you obviously rly care about her 😢

Are roku sticks any good? Lookin at one for crunchyroll and hidive etc as my sammy tv doesnt support the apps

Yes, they work fine with Crunchyroll and HiDive, although the subtitles for HiDive are somewhat hard to read on their roku app, at least here in the US. I have a roku stick hooked up to the televison in my living room, but I also have my laptop connected via HDMI because it's easier to maneuver through the websites with a keyboard and mouse than through an app on the stick - and the HiDive subtitles on their website are easier to read than the ones on the app.

Back