The General Conversation Area

I see lol; just out of curiosity, you said these were self built, how did you do it? as a Blender user I would jump to guessing 3D printing but that's just a guess.
It's a board game where the pieces come on modelling sprues and you build them as you please. Similar to warhammer or Gunpla. The cool thing about it is that it gives you options so you can build one character with a sword, or a knife, or a club etc etc.

Best example is that I have some warhammer models that come from the same sprue but some were built with bolter guns while others were built with flamers.

It's a board game where the pieces come on modelling sprues and you build them as you please. Similar to warhammer or Gunpla. The cool thing about it is that it gives you options so you can build one character with a sword, or a knife, or a club etc etc.

Best example is that I have some warhammer models that come from the same sprue but some were built with bolter guns while others were built with flamers.
First I've ever heard of a sprue so I had to look it up and I've learned something new today; must be tricky doing it by hand though as there's no undo button when something goes wrong lol.

First I've ever heard of a sprue so I had to look it up and I've learned something new today; must be tricky doing it by hand though as there's no undo button when something goes wrong lol.
It can be quite fiddly, since models give you a different choice of body parts also (legs, arms, weapons, head options, torso's) but you do get more leeway than you might think. The glue takes about 20 mins to settle so you can prod it with tweezers in that time to get it how you like.

Well since I have a rare chance to show off my handiwork here are a few more examples. :)

20230120_220553.jpg20230120_220143.jpg

It can be quite fiddly, since models give you a different choice of body parts also (legs, arms, weapons, head options, torso's) but you do get more leeway than you might think. The glue takes about 20 mins to settle so you can prod it with tweezers in that time to get it how you like.

Well since I have a rare chance to show off my handiwork here are a few more examples.
The one on the left reminds me a little bit of one of the monsters in Resident Evil Village; the one in Benevito's manor, I won't say exactly what it is just in case you haven't played or seen it, just be warned if you haven't, that scene is literal nightmare fuel.

But the models look great overall; it's impressive how you did all that by hand, I struggle to do 3D modelling on a computer lol.

Last edited:
The one on the left reminds me a little bit of one of the monsters in Resident Evil Village; the one in Benevito's manor, I won't say exactly what it is just in case you haven't played or seen it, just be warned if you haven't, that scene is literal nightmare fuel.

But the models look great overall; it's impressive how you did all that by hand, I struggle to do 3D modelling on a computer lol.
Thank you :)

I've been reading a thread on Reddit of people talking about their annual wage and what they consider good/decent/whatever.

I'm seeing people calling £50-60k "decent". People just being very casual about earning something like £35k. People acting like £20k is an absolute insult.

I don't know if these people are on some other plane of existence to me (or are lying) or if I'm just a lot less well off than I realised.

I couldn't even imagine getting £2k every month, never mind something like £4k!

I've been reading a thread on Reddit of people talking about their annual wage and what they consider good/decent/whatever.

I'm seeing people calling £50-60k "decent". People just being very casual about earning something like £35k. People acting like £20k is an absolute insult.

I don't know if these people are on some other plane of existence to me (or are lying) or if I'm just a lot less well off than I realised.

I couldn't even imagine getting £2k every month, never mind something like £4k!
Infuriates me when people say they get 35k a year and struggle... And have to use foodbanks.. Ive been working 17 years and every single year ive literally been taking minimum wage... Never ever above 20k a year.. And guess what... Ive never had to use a foodbank in my life..
Problem is.. People think they are "owed" a living and just pure greed

People just spend more when they earn more. Though I imagine that some of those 35k/year foodbank-users are supporting an entire household on that wage, which is a very different situation to supporting an individual or having a household where multiple people earn (especially if some of that 35k is going to childcare and other expensive stuff required for the person to do their job). It's very easy for people to get caught up in a situation where they're struggling to cope while others have no long term expenses and can budget much more relaxedly.

Some of the "I'm on 90k and it doesn't go as far as you'd think!" nonsense people post online is completely insane, though.

R

People just spend more when they earn more. Though I imagine that some of those 35k/year foodbank-users are supporting an entire household on that wage, which is a very different situation to supporting an individual or having a household where multiple people earn (especially if some of that 35k is going to childcare and other expensive stuff required for the person to do their job). It's very easy for people to get caught up in a situation where they're struggling to cope while others have no long term expenses and can budget much more relaxedly.

Some of the "I'm on 90k and it doesn't go as far as you'd think!" nonsense people post online is completely insane, though.

R

I was gonna say similar, also I'm disabled and living on benefits - a lot of disabled people have additional living costs and I live in fear of the NHS disappearing and me not being able to afford my meds on my income then becoming severely ill and dying - I am trying to save money for the future but sometimes I feel utterly terrified of the future and rn I'm having my PIP reassessed and I'm rly scared - thankfully my family can help me out if I need it but like what if they wouldn't or couldn't, and what about people who actually are in exactly that situation, lots of people on disability benefits have died when they were taken away bcuz they had no other means to continue living and I just wanna break down and cry when I think about that :(

Here we go again

Gather round children, and I'll spin ye a yarn...

...of the naughtiest and most intrusive fire alarm...
Set off in the night
It'll give ye a fright
And might do yer ears some real harm...

:<

I was gonna say similar, also I'm disabled and living on benefits - a lot of disabled people have additional living costs and I live in fear of the NHS disappearing and me not being able to afford my meds on my income then becoming severely ill and dying - I am trying to save money for the future but sometimes I feel utterly terrified of the future and rn I'm having my PIP reassessed and I'm rly scared - thankfully my family can help me out if I need it but like what if they wouldn't or couldn't, and what about people who actually are in exactly that situation, lots of people on disability benefits have died when they were taken away bcuz they had no other means to continue living and I just wanna break down and cry when I think about that :(
It is very awful indeed and could talk at length about the situation but will just say my point which is a lot of the time the people that suffer are not very adept at navigating the system. So for this reason I think your risk level is lower because you know how to use the computer and write well.

The NHS will not disappear soon because it would be political suicide.

Has anyone ordered from hobbyfigures before?
No, but they have good trustpilot so I think you will be fine with this one.

tomorrow is my last day at work and it is not from choice, circumstances caused by the callousness of selfish people that wormed their way into my life

last goodbye's to my colleagues, who are like a family to me, our work is unfinished and my absence will leave a void for them and for myself

I have a new job. It is better pay, and less work. I don't feel happy about it though.

saying goodbye is so hard!!!

tomorrow is my last day at work and it is not from choice, circumstances caused by the callousness of selfish people that wormed their way into my life

last goodbye's to my colleagues, who are like a family to me, our work is unfinished and my absence will leave a void for them and for myself

I have a new job. It is better pay, and less work. I don't feel happy about it though.

saying goodbye is so hard!!!

I'm sorry to hear this, wishing you all the best! 🥰👍

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with lost EMS parcels

Shipped - 2nd Decemember
Dispatched from Outward - 3rd December

Let (redacted) know its not arrived on 16th December as their site says to email after 9 working days - Told to simply wait for it to arrive

Replied on the 6th Jan just to keep them updated. They replied on the 11th saying they will put in a form to Japan post for investigation but it will take months for them to get any reply

Any idea when I should follow it up? Parcelforce says tracking expires after 4 months, so I'm guessing that means April 2nd?

Tempted to follow it up in around the 13th ~ 17th Febuary but if its expected to take months then maybe a little too early?

-_-

I'm looking for streaming stick recommendations, specifically for one where the Crunchyroll and HiDive apps work well (assuming that applies to any of them). I only need 1080p output. Any thoughts?

I'm looking for streaming stick recommendations, specifically for one where the Crunchyroll and HiDive apps work well (assuming that applies to any of them). I only need 1080p output. Any thoughts?
I can't speak for Hidive but the Amazon firestick works great with crunchyroll

Back