The General Conversation Area

Well I just checked again on a previous order and this is not a first since the price increases. So it's likely them trying to claw back there additional costs as they don't seem to be getting the same discounts.
I'm probably going to stick with mvm from now on as the costs are identical.
I received an email from United publications

Funimation/Manga's new prices started in June.
You did know about them as you Emailed us over prices last week.

My reply, so titles aren't price locked nor did you reply to my email last week.
Also I only checked titles I had not ordered yet.

Many happy returns Grav! :) I hope you get some cool stuff and don't have to spend the not-at-work portion of your birthday alone unless you wish to do so :)
Happy birthday dude and don't work too hard. Company's good to have, if you want, but I always maintain, not in a self-absorbed way I hope, that one's own company is brilliant too! No one will possibly agree more with yourself than yourself.

I live near a US Army National Guard training base, so we get all kinds of military traffic over my house - a variety of helicopters, big C-130 aircraft (my next door neighbor anime groupie is in the Guard and services the C-130 planes), and we use to see a lot of A-10 Warthogs, Apache helicopters, and the awesomely-cool Sky-Crane helicopters, until they moved them to other nearby bases a bit further away.

h54_6.jpg

I live near a US Army National Guard training base, so we get all kinds of military traffic over my house - a variety of helicopters, big C-130 aircraft (my next door neighbor anime groupie is in the Guard and services the C-130 planes), and we use to see a lot of A-10 Warthogs, Apache helicopters, and the awesomely-cool Sky-Crane helicopters, until they moved them to other nearby bases a bit further away.

h54_6.jpg
My goodness, living there would have made my 12 year-old-self so very happy! Just remember playing all sorts of A10 tank killer, F117 stealth bomber and likely also Apache flight sim games back then, when not playing Lucasarts point&click adventure games...aaaah good times.

After years of telling myself I would, I finally cancelled my Netflix subscription. I'm obnoxiously pleased with myself about it. Anyone would think I'd quit smoking or something, though there were similarities: both would have been leeching money without giving me much in return. With the latest price hike, Netflix is set to cost almost as much per year as Crunchyroll, Funimation and Hidive combined, and I wasn't using it as much as any one of those.

I'll probably just treat it like Disney+ from now on; subscribe for a month or two per year to catch up, then cancel again.

Not sure if this really counts as news but Otaku.co.uk website got an update in the last day or so. Seem much nicer and has sort by, so just a bit easier to navigate and a nice simple layout.
the grid view layout is pretty nice to have

my only complaint is the new item listing page, i have to scroll down to see the product information whereas on the previous layout it was all in 1 screen atleast for me

edit: don't know if it's just me or a browser/addon issue but did they remove the ability to filter in searches?

Last edited:
After years of telling myself I would, I finally cancelled my Netflix subscription. I'm obnoxiously pleased with myself about it. Anyone would think I'd quit smoking or something, though there were similarities: both would have been leeching money without giving me much in return. With the latest price hike, Netflix is set to cost almost as much per year as Crunchyroll, Funimation and Hidive combined, and I wasn't using it as much as any one of those.

I'll probably just treat it like Disney+ from now on; subscribe for a month or two per year to catch up, then cancel again.
Think that is what I will probably do with those streaming websites. Subscribe for a month or two to watch the programs which look interesting before cancelling.

I'm toying with cancelling Amazon prime for a similar reason, a couple of the programs I was watching have either ended, disappeared or been shifted to include adverts (which doesn't work with my slightly old Smart TV).

the grid view layout is pretty nice to have

my only complaint is the new item listing page, i have to scroll down to see the product information whereas on the previous layout it was all in 1 screen atleast for me

edit: don't know if it's just me or a browser/addon issue but did they remove the ability to filter in searches?
There was much less (items) on each page so had to click through each page, maybe 10 per page. Every one gonna have some preference of how it is all veiwed and its pretty common to have lot of items per page with most layout..
But yeah grid for me is fine (over list view), if I wan tmore info I just middle click on said item to open a new tab.

I don't rememeber filter function all that well, I think it was there but never gave me the result I wanted so stopped using it (but maybe I remembering something else)

Back