The General Conversation Area

Merry Christmas!

giphy-downsized.gif

fd625a70211847b76ed87518e87e794e.gif

hey guys, can you help me out with a shop that still offers the "Armored Trooper Votoms Ultimate Collection" (Blu Ray from Maiden Japan). It seems like it ran out of stock literally everywhere and I wanted to get this for the new year :( - maybe someone can help out with a shop where there might be some stock left. Any help is much appreciated!!!

1609156070502.png

hey guys, can you help me out with a shop that still offers the "Armored Trooper Votoms Ultimate Collection" (Blu Ray from Maiden Japan). It seems like it ran out of stock literally everywhere and I wanted to get this for the new year :( - maybe someone can help out with a shop where there might be some stock left. Any help is much appreciated!!!

View attachment 16342

My guess is that it's going out of print in favour of the recent news that Japan is re-releasing all of VOTOMS on Blu-ray, so it may get another re-release in 2021 or 2022.

Nice bit of snow this morning was a suprise
We got 8" of snow on December 17th where I live in Pennsylvania, and some areas in the mountains about 2 hours north of me were supposed to get closer to 24". Then we got about 3" of all-day rain on the Wednesday before Christmas, and it washed all the snow away, so we just fell short of having a White Christmas this year.

No where else to put this, probably should make a thread about digital sites for manga and LNs.
That reader is absolute dog ****! Double spread only, no click or swipe to turn page and thus the you have to use the controls at the bottom of the screen which takes up space so the pages don't fit the full page thus pages are small even on my tablet! Also there's no zoom, so if the above means text is small in a panel you won't be able to read it! Also no reader on the app! I know this is just a side gig for them and it's basically free with your subscription, but I'd rather pay again for the physical (checked all the other digital platforms I could think of and nothing) or, you know, sail the seven seas where they have proper readers!

Mine renews in March and is still showing £39.99, it was definitely supposed to have increased by now.

The anime streaming service Crunchyroll will be increasing the price of their premium subscription membership from 1st May 2019, according to an email sent to customers today.

The increase will see the price of a monthly subscription rise from £4.99 ($6.95 USD) per month to £6.50 ($7.99). Annual subscriptions will see a similar increase, from £39.99 ($59.99 US) to £64.99 ($79.99). This new pricing structure will apply to new customers from 1st May 2019, while current monthly will have a 3 month grace period before the new price is implemented. Annual subscribers however, will retain the current price for 12 months.

In fact looking at it, the only yearly plan I can see listed is the £79.99 "mega fan" tier so I'm not even sure if you can sub at £64.99 now either.

Last edited:
Well my plan was to cancel Crunchyroll for a year to get through some Bluray backlog (I watch way too many simulcasts I rarely watch anything on disk)

But if they haven't (or for some reason can't) increased the price yet then it would be silly to cancel. Especially if £79.99 is the only option now

I have been tempted to cancel Crunchyroll lately as well, because they seem to have the least amount of shows that I am interested in and any shows they do have that I am interested in are also available on Hidive or Funimation, where I watch more content. I haven't watched a new simulcast on CR since Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash, however I have kept it to catch up on past backlog content that I haven't seen.

Yes, they aren't good value for money at the new price at all. Most of the shows I watch on Crunchyroll are their sequels (where they probably negotiated the rights years ago) while they seem to be struggling to compete to get anything new. They have me for a little longer but if I had a budget and needed to drop a streaming service, they'd be out as soon as Osomatsu-san ends next season. Funimation is just far better value.

R

I've watched like 2 things on CR this year... At £40 for the year it's something I'd just keep rolling for the sake of having it available, but at £80? Yeah no, I'd have to be cancelling that.

I assume that £80 is an annual payment and isn't available as broken down as a monthly payment plan costing slightly more compared to the annual package?

Back