The General Conversation Area

I asked a few american friends but parcel companies won't quote them until they have it boxed.
They wouldn't even give them a price list.
I can't even make head or tails of the sizes on usps.

Terrible

I was offered a AUKN staff position yesterday and enthusiastically accepted!
Congratulations!
I've always wondered if it's a paid position, but there's no advertising on the website so I'm guessing there's no money to use for wages and thus voluntary.

Ignore if too forward.

It’s hot as heck and I think someone tried to mug me when I was walking back from Chinatown.
No mugging here, and no Chinatown either, but it's indeed scorching hot also over here in West-Flanders, Belgium. Never experienced this before, not normal. Big issues with trains in Belgium and also the coastal tram is stopped and replaced by busses.
Luckily we have airco at work.

1k0.jpg

Congratulations!
I've always wondered if it's a paid position, but there's no advertising on the website so I'm guessing there's no money to use for wages and thus voluntary.

Ignore if too forward.
Thanks! I’m looking forward to writing some material for the site. It’s voluntary though you may occasionally get sent things to review.

Oh my god, where/what is this? 😆😅
It's a museum of living history in Basingstoke, Hampshire. The main body of it is set out like a late Victorian town with another part like a '30s High Street. They had dressed it all up in a WWII period look for an exhibition.
Tucked away in the back was what seemed like an old exhibition about technology in the 20th century home which was half furnished. In this display case was some late 70s/Early 80s stuff like calculators, a Walkman and early home PCs. My picture is of a ZX Spectrum + which my grandad brought us with his retirement money, IIRC. I've still got my +2 in my cupboard!

It's a museum of living history in Basingstoke, Hampshire. The main body of it is set out like a late Victorian town with another part like a '30s High Street. They had dressed it all up in a WWII period look for an exhibition.
Tucked away in the back was what seemed like an old exhibition about technology in the 20th century home which was half furnished. In this display case was some late 70s/Early 80s stuff like calculators, a Walkman and early home PCs. My picture is of a ZX Spectrum + which my grandad brought us with his retirement money, IIRC. I've still got my +2 in my cupboard!
My life is not a relic lol!
Next they’ll put up video tapes, music cassettes and maybe a Sony CD player (the ones very much like a walkman)
Should I be frightened if one of those tapes were somehow a home video of me in a batman costume I got for Christmas as a kid? Like they unearthed a dinosaur?

Back