The General Conversation Area

Armed with cardboard and a hot glue gun I have solved some storage problems...
View attachment 9720

View attachment 9721

VillainousShyBettong-size_restricted.gif

I really want Steins gate 0 collector's edition, but £50 is pricey especially with only half a series in it.
Should I hold fire and wait for the price to drop?

I just spoke to mangauk. It seems steins gate 0 collector's box is exactly the same as the USA version. So I just ordered a copy from the uk but have been told that most retailers may already be sold out.
Well if that's the case I'll just order a box on the cheap from the states from my funimation friend.

Problem solved.

So I want some folks opinions on this. To briefly recap my situation:
  • Lost my job back in February, was an E-commerce Marketing & Web role. Only lasted 6 months.
  • Want to pursue Web but I have broaden my area to consider other IT roles.
  • Managed to get at least 9 interviews over the past 6 months, all unsuccessful for various reasons.
  • The chances of me finding a job is now getting lower the longer it takes.
One option that I have available is the idea of going back to University to do a post-graduate degree on IT. It'll be at least 1-2 years but I have a 2.1 degree so I should be able to qualify if they are interested. I want to know what folks think of this direction. I feel it's better for me to have a post-grad degree that would not only give me some more skills but it would look better on my CV than my existing Games degree, which I have no interest in pursuing anymore.

Why not try and do both?
Do the course but at the same time get some experience working.
Have you asked the university to see if there's any apprenticeships?
Alot of universities work with small businesses so they should be able to help.

Good luck mate.

Why not try and do both?
Do the course but at the same time get some experience working.
Have you asked the university to see if there's any apprenticeships?
Alot of universities work with small businesses so they should be able to help.

Good luck mate.
When I spoke to the career's adviser last week she said there's some part-time roles that are off campus and there are post-grad roles available but I should make my decision sooner if I want to go for it (the other reason to sort it out faster is Student Finance).

I just want some opinions from various people about it since this is a unique situation considering I graduated back in 2017. I still hung out with my society friends over the past year but I don't want to pester their society too much unless I was a student.

When I spoke to the career's adviser last week she said there's some part-time roles that are off campus and there are post-grad roles available but I should make my decision sooner if I want to go for it (the other reason to sort it out faster is Student Finance).

I just want some opinions from various people about it since this is a unique situation considering I graduated back in 2017. I still hung out with my society friends over the past year but I don't want to pester their society too much unless I was a student.
Its a big decision and I wish you luck mate.

Last edited:
Back