The General Conversation Area

As Netflix have today reminded us via twitter that there is only one week remaining before third impact before they release Evangelion to the masses, I feel like we ought to try for some kind of forum simulwatch, but how would folk be interested in doing it? In previous times, we've done an episode a day, but given that Neflix wants us all to be good binge watchers, would some other timetable be preferrable? We could use the streaming section of the forum and just set up a thread for each batch of five episodes, for example, but I'm open to suggestions.
I'd think it's a good idea, but I've never really been interested in simulwatches and not everyone has the time.

Most members would be watching it in their own time anyway, possibly in some sort of cosplay on the couch or just planting their butt in some sort of shinji chair

I cancelled my Netflix not long ago and am far away from my DVDs, so I'll probably have to pass. Would look forward to reading everyone's thoughts though, especially first time viewers (if there are any).

As Netflix have today reminded us via twitter that there is only one week remaining before third impact before they release Evangelion to the masses, I feel like we ought to try for some kind of forum simulwatch, but how would folk be interested in doing it? In previous times, we've done an episode a day, but given that Neflix wants us all to be good binge watchers, would some other timetable be preferrable? We could use the streaming section of the forum and just set up a thread for each batch of five episodes, for example, but I'm open to suggestions.

It's been ages since I watched it so could be persuaded to dust off the DVDs (dont have Netflix atm)
Might be best to not have too many a day to watch. That way people can catch up easily if they miss a day for whatever reason!

batch of five episodes
I think maybe 4 episodes because that would leave episodes 25 & 26 on their own or they could be combined with End of to discuss the different endings.

Here I shall state my revelation that even though I have NGE marked as complete on MAL I don't think I actually reached the end. It was a long time ago and I have seen both Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion a couple of times since and read the manga (although I think that also went the End of route). I'm intrigued to see the infamous ending of 25/26.

I've not seen the rebuilds, but I have seen the original end and end of/EoE
for those new to the original, trying not to spoil it but the original last episode is basically just all character reflection, almost detached from the rest of the series, it really looks like the studio was rushed to finish it but didn't really have any content to end with, I like EoE as something to properly end the series but it's still weird

It doesn’t sound like anyone strongly wants to binge the show (to be honest, I can’t see that ending well anyway), so it might be worth just sticking to what we did last time with Nadia, which was one episode a day, but encouraging everyone to make a bigger post every five (or in this case four) episodes. That way, if anyone has trouble keeping up, they could just watch in four episode chunks, if that’s easier.

@Professor Irony - that sounds like a better way to do it to be honest 🙂👍

Not everyone likes to binge so I think it's a good idea to keep the viewing pace modest, otherwise we'll all be screaming in Ancient Coptic! 😂

I came across DVD volumes 2-8 in CEX the other week so I'll be sending those to @Neil.T tomorrow. He already has volume 1 so it makes more sense for him to have custody of them, plus he's got the other parts (EoE; Death and Rebirth etc). I know he'll prefer to watch it at his own pace but he's seen the series before so he'll be happy to chime in with thoughts in the thread 🙂

Let's get ready and put the human-shaped son type into the robot! 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone might know how to use Android here

Trying to search for something on ebay using the Chrome Browser on S9 and this message keeps popping up.

Is there any way of being able to use Chrome, not Samsung internet or Ebay App? Cant find a way to close this popup

Last edited:
Your default browser is set to the stock Samsung browser. It'll give you a choice between your browser or the app, so change your default browser to Chrome and it should offer that as an option instead.

Or press and hold on the link and choose open in new tab. I use this sometimes when I have the app, but the website offers a feature not on the app that I want to use.

Back