The General Conversation Area

MCM was good, pretty well ventilated. I am also reminded of how socially awkward I am with human interaction sometimes. How I’ll survive outside of Uni life I do not know.

Yea? Welcome to hell
Hopefully you'll keep in touch with someone from uni
I hope so too, we have a WhatsApp and graduation in July so I’ll see more of them yet.

On the topic of keeping in touch I did bump into someone I knew from Sixth Form unexpectedly so there’s that. Hadn’t seen them in ages.

It's been absolutely years since I bumped into anyone I went to school with. I've got the social skills of a Dorito, so it was just a few seconds of awkward small talk in the cereal aisle of Asda.

Then again, I don't use Facebook/Instagram, so I'm gradually forgetting what everyone looks like. I'd probably walk past most of them without even realising. 🤖

School was absolute hell for me, so I really could care less about reunions or meeting up with anyone from that period. Aside from Neil and work aquaintances, I actually don't have any friends to speak of, and, tbh, I really don't feel like I'm missing out. I think you tend to become more selective as you become older with regards to who you choose to develop friendships with anyway, and one or two close friends are certainly more valuable than 1000+ Fakebook "friends" - I see many comments on YouTube that follow along the lines of "hey, I don't know you, but I like your art - let's be friends!" 😆

I consider myself a friendly and approachable person; I'm just not prepared to invest my time and energy into something that's superficial!

I don't use Facebook/Instagram
👍

Bagsy not wearing my undies on top! 😬 (sorry, Neil!)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love them, but they're a nuisance! 🥰😭

It's like you have a love/hate relationship with Meebs and Funkos! 😅
There are literally Funkos for everything. I've seen some super-cute Disney ones as well 😃

They are really well made, though 👍

I like admiring the range of figures and collectibles inside and, well, it's cheaper than actually collecting them. 😅

😃👍

Same. There's so many lovely looking figures out there, but I really just enjoy admiring the craft of them.

Now, just to swap me pants and trousers over...

Good man 😊👍

TEAM NEO BUYERS! Cue theme choon

MCM was good, pretty well ventilated. I am also reminded of how socially awkward I am with human interaction sometimes. How I’ll survive outside of Uni life I do not know.
I didn't see this the other day but I'll chip in a bit on this one. Once you're working it helps to be around people in an office etc. Not sure how that'll go for you in your area. I work from home most of the time but I have to consciously make an effort to leave the house (at least further than the bin) or you can get a bit too used to a lack of people. I used to go in the office for a catch-up every six or seven weeks and be on my tod the rest of the time. Then you go in the office for the catch-up you get in the middle of Manchester and almost have a heart attack with all the people around you at the train station first thing in the morning.
They make me go in at least once a week these days because somebody thought I was dead. You get so much more work done when people think you're dead though 😕

Forbidden Planet? Wow, really? 😀
I'm going to London next week, so I'll have a look to see if I can spot any of those.

You mean, you might be tempted to actually part with money? Are you sure you're feeling alright, Neil? 🤔

😜😉

Oh wow, really? 😮😀
How did that come about?
Me and the ex had a weekend there and had a great time. When we decided to get married we wanted to do it in Edinburgh. It was a 6 hour drive but worth it, it's a lovely place.
After we'd had the ceremony we walked up the Royal Mile, me in a penguin suit and her in a red wedding dress. We had so many Japanese tourists asking for photos of us it was hilarious. We even had a photo posing with a William Wallace lookalike 😂

Back