The General Conversation Area

Buzzkillington said:
Also when I was getting ready for work I came across a huge spider in my bedroom, so I ran downstairs to get a glass to catch it and when I got back it had vanished >_> so yeah- now I know there's a huge ass spider cutting about my bedroom somewhere...watching, just waiting for it's opportunity...Shoulda killed it lol I mean I'm not scared of spiders or anything, just rather not know a huge one is wondering around where I sleep.
Sorry to hear of your recent woes. Remember though, in these trying times it is important to remember that spiders bring us no malice. As the larger species we should afford for our spindly guests an allowance of respect. Indeed, never have I been mistreated by an arachnid in recent years.

Zin5ki said:
Buzzkillington said:
Also when I was getting ready for work I came across a huge spider in my bedroom, so I ran downstairs to get a glass to catch it and when I got back it had vanished >_> so yeah- now I know there's a huge ass spider cutting about my bedroom somewhere...watching, just waiting for it's opportunity...Shoulda killed it lol I mean I'm not scared of spiders or anything, just rather not know a huge one is wondering around where I sleep.
Sorry to hear of your recent woes. Remember though, in these trying times it is important to remember that spiders bring us no malice. As the larger species we should afford for our spindly guests an allowance of respect. Indeed, never have I been mistreated by an arachnid in recent years.
I actually just caught it about 5 mins ago and put it out the front door, when I emptied it out the glass at the door it started running up the wall real fast and I can't help but feel it's playing silly buggers and is heading right back in my bedroom window >_> but I was joking when I said I shoulda killed it, it's only trying to live it's life like the rest of us after all lol but unless it's paying me rent it can do so elsewhere.

Gemsy-chan said:
I'm having a rare day out on Sunday. Going to Portchester Castle with a friend for a knights tournament event that they have going on. Then possibly in September we might go to Brighton to go up the i360.

Portchester Castle is one I do not think I have been to, which is strange as I seemed to spend a lot of my holidays when I was a child going around various castles with my parents and sister, and living in Southampton it is just down the road.

Hey, can I just say how snazzy this new forum is. The new post bit on the side is a particularly nice touch. Well done AUKN, back and better and stronger than ever.

I realised recently that I have body dismorphia, and think I've had it ever since I was child and was initially preoccupied with my "chicken wing shoulder blades". I've decided not to seek professional help, but instead to grow a ridiculously large beard that will obscure my face from myself. So far it's working pretty well to be honest. I look like I give less of a **** and feel like I give less of a ****.

Hey, can I just say how snazzy this new forum is. The new post bit on the side is a particularly nice touch. Well done AUKN, back and better and stronger than ever.
I should say that it took me a couple of attempts to quote this. The quotidian 'quote' button is quietly quite quaint: it appears that quoting someone is performed using the "reply" button rather than the standard means within PHPBB.

Good luck with finding a personal style that best suits you! I find facial hair a nuisance at best, but others seem to warm to it.

Whoa we have a 'like' system now. Can't wait until I get a few rolling in. This new site get's better and better.

Zinki, beards are a nuisance at best, and at worst people might be afraid of a man in beard. And not even because of religious connotations, but more so because of "oh no that's a man with nothing to lose connotations" and that's precisely the look I've been trying to cultivate, ironically, to save my mental health. It's tricky old balance. Thanks though, I think I'm making strides in personal style, but am wary of it getting too good, which will only lead me back to the mirror again..

Sorry about you being off as of late Buzz. It's good you're getting out and about Qaiz.

I have depression and anxiety. The latter I've only had for the past 4ish years most likely caused by also being turned into an introvert by my friendship circle.

I was involved with a fella at work for the briefest of times but I fell for him a bit, the first person since I broke up with my bf end of October last year so it hit me hard when he did a 180 on me basically the day after I slept with him. You think at 28 I'd be able to avoid sh*t like this. Anyway my depression is linked to him atm like he caused it or he's keeping it around, cant tell which so I've been listening to music in one ear at work when I've been able to and its distracting me enough to not get sad at least half of the time when I see him doing stuff with another girl on the team he did with me (trips to the kitchen and archive room just them two etc).

Sorry to hear about the dysmorphia Vash. I'm the same atm. Whilst I'm at a happy weight (I've lost 24lbs in a year and am 10st 7lbs and 5ft8) I feel I look huge, like how I was before my loss. Even then I was only a 14, 16 in some dresses and tops whereas now I'm a 12 and again 14 in some dresses and tops. I've been hating trying on clothes for my holiday feeling like a fat wide mess even though my Mums saying I look good *shrugs*

he did a 180 on me basically the day after I slept with him. You think at 28 I'd be able to avoid sh*t like this. Anyway my depression is linked to him atm like he caused it or he's keeping it around, cant tell which so I've been listening to music in one ear at work when I've been able to and its distracting me enough to not get sad at least half of the time when I see him doing stuff with another girl on the team he did with me (trips to the kitchen and archive room just them two etc).

You may not be able to see it but from what you've said he sounds to me like a manipulating scumbag who just likes the thrill of the hunt. He got what he wants now he's just after the next conquest & I bet knowing how you're reeling only serves to give his ego a boost.

Try turning some of that depression into a little anger against him for messing you about. Anger can be therapeutic sometimes & it's better than being depressed.

If you really can't get past it then start applying for other jobs on the quiet, so you can at least move on with your life.

I just didn't think I was being played. We've both came from emotionally abusive relationships so I thought like me he wasn't down for messing around like he wouldn't wana be messed around. I'm superb at putting a front on at work. No one can tell I'm down so he won't know my internal pain caused by him thankfully. He keeps saying there's nothing with that other girl and the last 2 weeks they haven't been hanging out and talking as much but 3 weeks ago it was giggles and going to those 2 places loads. He and I went to those places to sneak kisses so it was painful to even think he could be doing the same with another.

He's moving back down south for his last year of uni (yes I fell for another younger man lol) when I'm in Japan so he'll be out of sight out of mind soon enough. I will miss never seeing him again as romantic aspects aside, we got on really well and had a super time together playing scrabble and borderlands. I still wish that he'd want me, that he did the 180 because he is leaving and couldn't handle it but I'm also telling myself I'm being effing stupid lol.

Him moving away will be good for you. As tough as it is you're better off just cutting him out of your life completely because you can't go back in time & change things and, intentionally or not, you'll be stuck seeing him in a different light & hopes will linger & just keep messing you up.

Maybe you should just focus on yourself & self improvement for a while, learn to feel good about yourself (depression lies), focus on positive aspects of who you are and work on being comfortable alone. If you push yourself often enough it all becomes second nature.

Sorry if I sound like I'm spouting fortune cookie wisdom but it works for me & I was a mess for years because of someone I loved who left me. Cutting them off completely, despite how nice they always were was the only way to move on & I'm in a much better place now.

Oh hey, back from my holidays to find I received some Amazon giftcards for my birthday, guess I'll spend some of them...
Your order qualifies for super saver delivery, which you now have to spend twice as much as you used to in order to qualify for!
Do you want to join Prime for £80 and get your order tomorrow?

No thanks.
In that case do you want to pay for postage anyway? That'll be another five quid.
No thanks.
Oh, fine, okay. We see how it is. We'll dispatch your in stock items we've already had the money for on Tuesday then.

Amazon are officially a farce at this point. I wouldn't care so much if they were still cheaper than buying things on the high street, but they're not any more. Once these gift cards are used up I'm giving up on them completely. I don't want to support this kind of business attitude any longer.

Oh hey, back from my holidays to find I received some Amazon giftcards for my birthday, guess I'll spend some of them...
Your order qualifies for super saver delivery, which you now have to spend twice as much as you used to in order to qualify for!
Do you want to join Prime for £80 and get your order tomorrow?

No thanks.
In that case do you want to pay for postage anyway? That'll be another five quid.
No thanks.
Oh, fine, okay. We see how it is. We'll dispatch your in stock items we've already had the money for on Tuesday then.

Amazon are officially a farce at this point. I wouldn't care so much if they were still cheaper than buying things on the high street, but they're not any more. Once these gift cards are used up I'm giving up on them completely. I don't want to support this kind of business attitude any longer.

I really hate the state of amazon nowadays. I still use it for my wishlists but I generally go elsewhere to buy things wherever possible. Their prime push just annoys me, even more so when they made some game preorders prime exclusive. Not only that but the fact they really don't care about sellers drop shipping on ebay etc even though it's against policy (e.g Buying on ebay but receiving the items from amazon as a prime gift with the sellers pocketing a small profit.) That and all the Chinese sellers & how difficult it can be sometimes to really see where they're coming from & how a lot of them are 'Fulfilled by Amazon' but Amazon won't take any responsibility for poor quality.

I wouldn't care so much if they were still cheaper than buying things on the high street, but they're not any more. Once these gift cards are used up I'm giving up on them completely. I don't want to support this kind of business attitude any longer.
When I order DVDs therefrom, I usually make quite a pretty penny's saving though!
(Admittedly this tends to be through the medium of marketplace sellers, those persistently upstanding souls.)

Just to give everyone a heads up, I'll be going away for a week tomorrow! I'll still be in the UK, so I'll still be around the forums, but I probably won't be posting as much given the awkwardness of phone typing. So, just in case anyone thought I'd died, I'm still around :p

Back