The General Conversation Area

I might pick up the hangover part 3 up if I see the bluray box set going cheap.

As it probably would be best to watch the first 2 again to get reintroduced to the characters

Watched the one piece x toriko x dragonball z crossover lastnight, at first it was a nice stroking of each others egos but the part for me that didnt quite sit right was the fact that they where trying to pull off that Goku super saiyan is the same strength as luffy and toriko (who i'll add, i have no idea where this guy came from. his punch seemed pretty cool though) the nice stroking of egos like the mountain climb at the beginning, luffy and toriko say they are pretty fast but "that goku is something else" as he goes effortlessly jumping up the mountain.

I laughed at a few points, like the top of the mountain when king kai starts shouting to goku about a threat to the world, he intant transmissions out to save the day off camera only to appear again right before the finishline saying "sorry guys, had to save the world" haha like the race was purely for fun and wanted to win it without instant transmission or flying, that was nice :)

The Zoro Vs Vegeta Vs random guy i dont know from toriko's series fight was the bit i wanted to see more of, they all turn up and start firing off their signature attacks but then you dont see anything as the scene skips to others racing. It was nice that they sort of had a laugh at the meal halfway through "where are they" then at the end at the second meal they ask again where they must be and the fight sort of resumes, reusing the same clips from earlier then a explosion from a birds eye view of the island. Quite nice to see a crossover like that though i'm not entirely sure the DBZ characters where penned by their original animators as at a few points gohans face (for example) just didnt look right at all.

I've been reading the dragonball manga, really enjoying it. Last saw the anime about 9 years ago so its nicely refreshing to read the manga and in my minds eye i'll have the colour version from the anime come back to me for each scene :)

How'd everyones xmas go?

My Christmas was far too short! :(

We all stayed the night at Mums but her neighbours were tw*ts and had a party which kept us all up till around 2am. This delayed us getting up, opening gifts, having breakfast and ultimately when we'd have Christmas dinner. We spent the whol day together though which was nice. I had to work 9-1pm on Boxing Day which sucked but I made it in time for Christmas dinner part two which we always have on Boxing Day. The fact I'm in work again today just meh's it all to hell. I didn't get enough of Christmas :(

Do people have any plans for NYE yet?

That sucks, Atleast its the weekend soon so you get abit more time off.

My xmas day went largely the same as it does every year. Wake up and have scrambled egg and salmon on toast, top it off with a beer and then start opening presents. Mostly got clothes, some boxers (one pair was pink, which made me laugh) a ps3 game and a waffle maker which i'd wanted for ages.

I finish in about 30 mins and i'm off all next week, hopefully will just relax all week, eat waffles, get fat and sleep inbetween seasons of DBZ :p

Possibly in manchester for NYE, not certain for now but its still on the cards.

Bring on the Region A blu-rays.

Although I can't play any region B only blu-rays on the laptop as it's set for region A. But I wonder if I can fool the "you can only view this in the US/Canada" country locking by pretending to be in America

Kite said:
Bring on the Region A blu-rays.

Although I can't play any region B only blu-rays on the laptop as it's set for region A. But I wonder if I can fool the "you can only view this in the US/Canada" country locking by pretending to be in America

Just a question, what software are you using for the Blu-rays? I only ask because I have Power DVD and Aiseesoft BD player, but I can't seem to play the BDs from october onwards on Aiseesoft and PowerDVD has the purple screen for anything; these are probably because my ATI Catalyst Control Center is not compatible with Windows 8.1...

Thank god I finally resolved the issue (hopefully it's permanent). I went onto my Device Manager and spammed the update on my Radeon 7500/7600M driver. The Catalyst Control Center isn't resolved but the Power DVD issue is fixed, now I can play all of my Region A discs. I've tested Black Lagoon, Clannad & Maken-Ki! and they all look neat.

CyberLink PowerDVD 10 is the pre-installed software. I've tested it with all 3 of my region A only blu-rays (Strike Witches 1, Lain remaster & Night Raid), and all 3 worked.

Better than my previous system of using VLC as it plays the title screen (plus the various trailers and copyright warnings)., no need to play "which title is it".

So I can see my suitcase being packed with more anime when I return to America whenever I go back there.

Kite said:
CyberLink PowerDVD 10 is the pre-installed software.

Better than my previous system of using VLC as it plays the title screen (plus the various trailers and copyright warnings)., no need to play "which title is it"

Yeah, the 'which title is it' is the most annoying issue. Guessing which episode is which for Sentai titles or Manga UK/MVM titles with Sentai titles go all over the place when it comes to non-title screen programs. PowerDVD is the best if it works (as there are others who end up not getting the software to work).

Just contacted UP1USA regarding the items I ordered on New Years, I was half right regarding the delay (the weather issue was correct, the other issue was lack of stock in their warehouse). ETA is next week, which at the time I'll be back in Uni.

When I'm back in Uni I'll be getting more items like Bakemonogatari and Guilty Crown plus some rarities like Appleseed: Ex Machina and Blood: The Last Vampire on Blu-ray. In terms of Manga, I really really want to collect Gantz but I feel the price isn't right for each volume (damn you dark horse).

It's been a few weeks and it's time for me to head back to University. Which means better buffering and marathons on Beyond the Boundary, Genshiken Nidame, Kill la Kill, Samurai Flamenco, SAO: EXtra Edition and much more.

Lawrence said:
trap mode aesthetics
ken.jpg

January is a busy month for gyms, and it's where they make a lot of money.

Majority of new sign-ups would be signed up for 12 month contracts, so the gym will get an income all year from non-users, or 1/2 a month users.

Back