The General Conversation Area

I've covered 370 miles by train today (went down to Exeter for a day-out making use of a £10 rail-ticket from Eastleigh)

2 more bar overtime shifts remain which have been booked so far for Monday and Tuesday, the problem of doing all this overtime is that I can't get to the gym/pool in the evenings [although an extra £174 in my pay-packet pre-tax kinda makes up for it] :(

Well I've not had to lose my doggy. The vet came, felt, injected and said there's still life in her but to call if she does deteriorate. I feel like i've been given a reprieve! She's finally used to the puppy now so I took her for a walk with the puppy that night she was supposed to leave us :)

It's also my 25th Birthday on Saturday. Ewwwwwww ick. Midlife crisis ahoy! Having a BBQ/Buffet (weather dependant) for is but dont want a long drawn out day since I wana have a Frankie & Benny's breakfast on the Sunday :D I'll be packing my suitcase on the weekend to since by Wednesday lunch time i'll finally be in Rome! I love that its like 24 degrees there today. Don't think my SPF 30 is gona be enough! :p

My internet access has, for reasons convoluted and unlikely to be resolved in the immediate future, been curtailed somewhat.

Details of my recent activities since last I posted are as follows: Today I applied a haircut to my own person — falteringly — and obtained a free Coca-Cola aspartame-based beverage by exploiting an ephemeral online offer. I regret the latter more than the former.

I got my first paycheck today...only to find out that a quarter of my wage was taken by "emergency tax" that I shouldn't have to pay due to being on such a low income, all because my P45 was apparently a day late. I got straight in touch with payroll and was told to wait until next month. URGH!

Hi-ho, Nyu.
Looking in the window mirror and looking at where my week has gone. :p But otherwise fine for myself.
How's you? Been up to much?

Although I do wonder - Just looking through Ebay as a random occurrence, and decided to look at the "Other Art" section of the site - just to feed my curiosity. Found out that 90% of the first 5 pages of it is nothing but "Page 3 ladies" from Sunday Sport. *Facepalm* It's eye candy, but this wasn't exactly inspirational work being made, is it?

Yesterday, my printer at work refused to print and not even IT could figure out what was wrong. Today, I typed "I-it's not like I w-wanted to p-print for you or anything...baka!" on a word document and tried to print it. It worked.
My printer is a fecking tsundere.

Also, with the amount of cake my coworkers eat, I'm starting to think I'm in a middle-aged office worker version of K-ON!

An Aldi shop is opening up on the outskirts of Winchester, what is slightly funny is that it's right next door to Waitrose.

Polar opposites of the customers

Chaz said:
Hi-ho, Nyu.
Looking in the window mirror and looking at where my week has gone. :p But otherwise fine for myself.
How's you? Been up to much?

Although I do wonder - Just looking through Ebay as a random occurrence, and decided to look at the "Other Art" section of the site - just to feed my curiosity. Found out that 90% of the first 5 pages of it is nothing but "Page 3 ladies" from Sunday Sport. *Facepalm* It's eye candy, but this wasn't exactly inspirational work being made, is it?

Not alot. Just adding to my Tenchi Collection quietly over the last year and stumbled across some dvds. Watched a couple and I need to get my anime fix again. Starting over with good ol Cowboy Bebop.

Bit bored of the rest of the internet so I figured i'd pop back here and see how this place is doing and who's still around. It makes me happy to see that every time I check on this place it's still going strong.

If you get the chance and/or have Crunchyroll, I'd suggest Majestic Prince as a new up-and-coming anime to watch. Watched a few eps of it, and it's got humour on Martian Successor Nadesico's level. So if you enjoyed humour and mecha, that should be right down your road.

And yeah, the day AUKN goes down would be the day I'd slip into the corner of the room, holding my knees and playing "Mad World" on a loop. lol.

Thanks for the recommendation Teo.

Bought some pulled pork, my Mum and I are going to have it tonight with coleslaw, bbq sauce etc etc. Tis gona be yum!

I have no idea what anime to show my bf next. We just finished watching Elfen Lied and he liked that. Before that it was Heat Guy J and he liked that and before that it was Series 1 and 2 of Black Butler, he liked that lol. He's been disappointed with the ending of every single one though :p

I want to get him into Fullmetal Alchemist but I think thats too soon as he was uninterested in Death Note and Cowboy Bebop.

Might try Black Blood Brothers? Short and sweet.

Dont know if the manga's better or not, but have you got Higurashi, Hellsing/Ultimate or for a more action-based one To aru majutsu no Index? I'd recommend them for going with the shows mentioned above. Not finished Ultimate, but up to vol 4, and it's still something I liked.
(Not seen Bx3, so I cant say how good it is.)

I was actually thinking of Hellsing Ultimate so that's sort of persuaded me more! Its a big help that I've preordered volumes 5-8 now too so maybe he and I could watch those volumes for the first time together as I haven't seen anything past 4 yet.

I also thought of Darker Than Black Seasons 1 and 2. He seems to concentrate more when each episode is like a different story with the main story running through the background at times etc so I might put GITS SAC on that list too since it's similar.

I'M GOING TO ROME TOMORROW! ^.^

Having to wake up at 3.30am tomorrow to go to the aiport. I'm so hard done by :p
It's 25 degrees there today, I love sunshine but can't stand heat like sometimes i'll struggle with 19/20 degrees so it should be interesting!!!

How are peoples weeks going?

Have fun in rome... I've heard that you must do as the romans do whilst in Rome so toga party in the Colosseum it is :p

I've been busy, after returning from the gym lastnight i proceeded to eat a 500ml tub of chocolate icecream and then fancied eating some maoam..... it pulled a filling out of my tooth and with it 2/3 of said tooth came out too. Needless to say i lost sleep lastnight over it. Woke up at 9 and called the dentist, the bloke was nice enough to refill the tooth for free but he said i'm now faced with the choice; root canal followed by a crown for £450 or £80 to just pull the tooth, i have to go back with a decision on the 13th. The way it stands i'll probably just ask him to keep refilling it every 6 months till i actually have to make a choice.

Got home and spent from 10am till 4.30/5pm working on the car, Cleaning inside the engine bay with wire wool, a cloth with soap and water, black and colour matched blue spray paint. Its now pretty much spotless, washed, waxed and polished the bodywork inside engine bay and out (rest of car) pulled all the rubbish out, emptied the boot of everything that had gathered over the past year (the missus will be happy to hear we can actually use the boot for shopping in the future). everything interior was washed, vaccumed, polished, new air freshener and seat covers, really went to town on cleaning as much of the car as possible.

For it, i'm rewarded with the knowledge that i've done a self service (replaced oil, spark plugs, refilled battery with distilled water, PAS and brake fluids replenished and windscreen wiper fluid all added - checked all of the lights so on and so forth) that the car has had a thorough going over and that with all the effort i've put it, with abit of luck, it'll fly through another MOT without a hitch.

Back