The General Conversation Area

lol nicely done,

i've spent the better part of 30mins fightin this damn web restrictions.... and managed to win.

listening to a song i've been singling in my head all day.

GnR You could be mine.

25mins till i'm free.

HELL YEAH!!!

_________

Have a good weekend all,

I'm outta here!!

I can't help but feel that Onii-chan no Koto is trying to tell me something:

incesteverywhere.jpg

Damned if I know what it is though

MvC3 and Catherine have prompted ilmaestro's return to his spiritual home (Eurogamer). He's alive and kicking (people's arses in MvC) and will no doubt be thrilled to hear that you all miss him so. I daresay he'll be back before long.

eating pizza.

bought a medium pizza from pizza hut, only ate 2 slices (had just finished an hour an a half work out in the gym) so eating the rest now.

chicken, bacon, beef, mushrooms and peperami.

Death has been round our way again. Found 3 dead frogs this morning - 2 in the back garden, 1 in the front (I assume they were dead - they were all lying on their backs montionless).

mangaman74 said:
Death has been round our way again. Found 3 dead frogs this morning - 2 in the back garden, 1 in the front (I assume they were dead - they were all lying on their backs montionless).
I saw two pieces of roadkill on my way to Bath yesterday so it must be creeping around here as well

Because i was too full from the free garlic bread.

gotta look round for a better router... keep disconnecting from my network the moment my mum uses the internet downstairs.

Jayme said:
Tried using some tin-foil to direct it to you?

im still unsure what the hell that means jayme.

as in, put a strip of tin foil from the connection, upstairs, to the ps3 and wii, so a mock wired connection... or open the plastic wireless adapter and add tin foil to hopefully boost signal?

If you have a router next to a wall, half the signal will go into that instead of where necessary. If you put tin foil on the wall, it reflects (or something) and boosts the wifi connection.

hmmm. never heard of that myself, but worth a shot.

1st problem is, the router is downstairs under the phone cabinet next to the front door. My room is on the opposite side of the house so its furthest away from my ps3 and wii *sigh*

2nd problem is, my dad forgot that he'd stripped out the wired connection that used to go to their room..... so i can't even put the router in their room so its dead centre of the house.

i have a decent connection... that is, until someone else uses their laptop, then the bandwidth cuts by more than half. so my room loses all connection.

looking online for a wireless router with built in modem and 150mbps to 300mbps, though its been so long since i've had to set up a router system i can't remember if i need the built in modem or not.

the set up i have at the moment is: the router is plugged into the mains, and a rj11 cable goes from the router to a filter/splitter and then directly into the phoneline. and thats how its left.

Ideally i don't want a router what needs connection to a pc 24/7 to work.

i moved the router, instead of being in a cupboard under the phone.... its not ontop of the cupboard and i had full bars. even managed to play monster hunter online with no real problems for hours (it eventually caved in, but that was due to both my sister and mother on their laptops. in its new place it can handle my internet usage and 1 other laptop... but 2 laptops and my wii/ps3 or laptop and it dies lol)

Going to go searching for the new router later this weekend. or a wireless extender maybe my saviour.

Anyway, off to Northampton tonight :) so between 5.30 and 6.20 i've gotta: clean my room (beer bottles, all the cardboard from postal deliveries and generally tidy stuff up) Clean the bathroom OR Vac' up all downstairs. AND pack my bags, as instead of packing when the gf said to... i played the wii.

*facepalms*

Stuart-says-yes said:
Firstly the tin foil sheet is basic physics.

The tin foil is comparable to a satellite, the both have the same function, they reflect radio waves to a focused point.

By putting a sheet of tin foil on the wall in the opposite side of the router, variable to where you are, the less of the waves will pass through that end of the house, as there being refracted by the sheet, like a beam of sunlight hitting a mirror.
That is not how signals work. You need a concave surface to make the signal focus to a point.

Stuart-says-yes said:
By putting a sheet of tin foil on the wall in the opposite side of the router, variable to where you are, the less of the waves will pass through that end of the house, as there being refracted by the sheet, like a beam of sunlight hitting a mirror.
Refraction is an undesired optical phenomenon in usual mirrors. The analogy you're drawing predominantly involves reflection.

Anyone paying much attention to the goings on in Libya? For some reason, when seeing Gaddafi give one of his talks on BBC news, I was reminded of the badguy in the first episode of Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid... The one who threatens to wipe out the Refugees. Don't know why.

rory_okane said:
Anyone paying much attention to the goings on in Libya? For some reason, when seeing Gaddafi give one of his talks on BBC news, I was reminded of the badguy in the first episode of Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid... The one who threatens to wipe out the Refugees. Don't know why.

if he starts singing Avi Maria, i'm going over there personally to sort him out

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3mugEhibw0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3mugEhibw0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

My jar of ground cumin twice fell from the spice shelf. Fortunately, my swift reactions prevented either such incidences from adding further delay to the preparation of my fajitas.

Back