The General Conversation Area

Morning... feeling sick today.

Wasn't well yesterday either, today feels worse though. :(

On a lighter note, I watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya last night. Was a great film! Definfately one of the better films I have seen over the past... well for ages anyway. A definate must, however you need to have seen the series to get the full effect. ^^

*groooan* Dunno if I'm gonna last a full day today. =_=

Morning Voddas,

Hopefully you feel better later,

THink an early night is in order.... can barely stay awake.

had a chat about Haruhi on the podcast convo lastnight.... seems people would have prefered it if it had 1 spot on the list instead of 2 because the films are a continuation. where-as other titles aren't.

It doesn't bother me so much. After seeing the film I can now see why they were both voted in. Besides, other films that are continuations of a series could have ended up there, but they didn't. Goes to show how popular it is.

Afternoon Stu,

Yeah almost back to 100% again, more rest and more food and i'll be fine in hours :)

You missed the start of an exam? :lol: you sir, have now bested me. i've turned up with no more than a minute before the exam started. but to turn up late... :p atleast you took it in the end :) :thumb:

Best turn around i had with GCSE's was my R.E exam, for the mock me and my mate ben where the only 2 in the year who decided to head home rather than do the mock.... for this we where put in bottom set..... both of us spent that afternoon playing monster hunter and drinking shandy (which was the done thing back then) we sat the actual exam and both walked out with the highest grades.

I remember arguing the whole paper.... worked in my favour, (i guess they don't let religious folk mark the papers, otherwise i'd have been screwed)

Unlucky Stu! Did you get extra time or were you punished for being tardy?

Was never late for an exam but got my worst GCSE grade in Geography with an "E". The wierd thing was that I thought it was the easiest exam too :S

Stuart-says-yes said:
Tachi-, are you sure your not the walking epitome of luck?
Free pizza's, easy exam passes, cheap games..... there's definitely something going right there anyway.

Ah, unlucky voddas, it always seems to be the ones you thing are easy, that you fail :?

They seemed to be alright about me being late, I think because I was less the half an hour late, I feel bad for the examiner, she had to hang around for an extra half an hour because of me though.

I try not to think about it too much, incase i jinx myself and my luck stops. (sounds really bad but i just had to sit there for about 5mins searching my brain for the word jinx and if its jynx or jinx)

Either way... got my email through last night, Wii is in the post. with abit of luck the delivery bloke will drop it off with a neighbour. the gf reckons she doesn't need a Wii for uni as she's content with corrie and enders (and glee) So looks like i may end up keeping it. just need to find a place for it to live... not exactly much space with all the dvds and games surrounding the ps3 as it is. and as my tv is in a sliding doored wardrobe thing (doors always open anyway) the tv takes up most of the space (saying that.... when i move out, that 32inch lcd is going to stay int he bedroom and i want a 50inch in the living room, gf likes my way of thinking) :lol:

de-ja-vu just hit me... weird.

just 2 people in the office today, me and elaine.... and i'm on call tonight, so tonights gunna be jam packed;
on call from 5.30 till 8, podcast chat on skype from 8 till whenever, OR go to the gym then jump in for the last part of the podcast, OR get a haircut then on the podcast. OR Wii turns up and end up sorting that out whilst on call then call missus and see how she is, maybe go round.

either way... busy night ahead.

Afternoon people!

Watched the first 8 episodes of Bakemonogatari last night and I have to say, "what an anime"! Anyone else seen this series?

Had a good sleep last night too. Been having a few rough nights since the Funeral on Monday. Hopefully I'll be good for the weekedn now! Couldn't be doing with a weekend with me being knackered. Sarah's away too.... VODDAS is gonna play!!!

Just spoke to her, she's cleaning the house because family is down from liverpool today so i said i'll hold off coming round till tomorrow night,

which means, i need to get in and get my hair cut. whilst on call. then eat dinner and then get onto skype.

finished my lbp2 level. a world war 2 normandy level. really pleased with it, but i've had to stay up till 2am for the past 2 days to do it.

oh and i spent about an hour talking to black this morning, was good to catch up. he said to say hi to everyone and sorry he wasn't about to answer our baccano to Higurashi question.

Went home for my lunch and the sign outside my house is now a SOLD sign! Wooo! XD

...it's so freaking hot and busy in the office this afternoon. Can't wait till 5.00. TT_TT

Hah! Just realised my tag is now Club to Death Angel! Nice.

"PIPIRU PIRU PIRU PIPIRU PI!!!" :twisted:

Morning people! Friday at last! The warm breath of the weekend is just about upon us!

Morning boyo,

Have a good evening?

mine was pretty good, managed to get alot of things done.
Tidied up my room, changed bedsheets and stuff. Spoke to Afoia on the ps3 via headset. had a chinese take away + a haircut :) spoke on the podcast convo on skype for about 2 hours. spoke to the gf for hours on the phone (which we really needed to do. seeing her tonight) and had a good nights sleep :)

woke up lazily today, walked about at my own half asleep zombie pace, (got up at half past 7) went to the shop and got something to drink, got to the busstop by 7.45, in town by 7.55, went to the post office to see what opening and closing times are. then onto the busstop to get the bus to stevenage, got it before it left. got into work 5mins early and since then.... just relaxed :p

s'all good across here B)

Nice and chilled at your end I see. 8)

Was an ok night for me (nothing special). Had a Committee at the station which consumed most of my night. Got home at 9.00 where I had a spicy stir fry (supplied by the lovely missus). We then watched Bones and The Sopranos before heading to bed. I ended up getting the laptop out and sticking my headset on and watching the rest of Bakemonogatari untill 3am. Heh. Couldn't stop watching it. ^^

Got up at 8.10 and got dressed and washed in record time to make it for work at 8.25 (didn't even break a sweat). So far it's been chilled in here too. Not keeping my hopes up for a chilled full day like. Something will go wrong.

****! I killed a dog by sweating!

well, after a very chilled morning, i've just remembered i DO have work to get on with... so quickly sorted out the paperwork on my desk and should have these letters out by half 1. then have a pad of work to input on the system before that can be filed away and i can kick back again and read stuff online.

from my searching this morning, i've worked out a natural cure for my constant high acid levels. where i am is full of lime and chalk.... so our water is abit cloudy also known as "hard water" as its rich in alkaline.

My eating habits and high metabolism maybe good for eating large amounts and still keeping in shape. But the toll it takes in acid levels isn't fun, heartburn hits nearly everyday (walk around with atleast a pack of gaviscon at all times) And i don't help matters because i drink brita filtered water (removing the alkaline)

SO after wasting about 5mins of your life with this drivel, and about 30mins of mine learning what i've already been told... i conclude = i should listen to the gf more often and drink tap water (unfiltered)

You killed a dog? .....you bastard....

Oh and my Wii has arrived, shall set that up tonight :p

You got all 15 episodes of Bakemonogatari or not? If so, go look em out, since there was a couple added to DVD. Regardless, i'm onto the last arc, which is 11-15, So i'm hella looking forward to that, i'm just waiting for the blu-ray versions to appear for 14 and 15.

Anywho, mornin. Long day ahead since i'm aiming to get the better part of 1000 words written by tonight, which may seem simple enough, but it really isn't =/ At least i'm onto the write-up phase of this all, otherwise i'd be tearing me hair out by now.

Ouch! Don't envy you Arby. So glad I don't have to do anything liek that anymore... well, for the time being at least.

As for Bakemonogatari, I had a major case of the "Impatient Voddas" attacks. So I used methods we do not speak of to see the last few episodes. Quality wasn't as good (obviously) but it was better than the wiat for me. An amzing series from start to finish.

@Tachi: I dunno if it's the time of year but I've been getting a lot of heart burn the last month also. I never get it usually. I'm more of a Rennie's man than Gaviscon though. It's all about the taste for me.

Hmm now i'd say december/january is the norm for heart burn to rise up. (all the food is very rich in acidity) but yeah over this past month its been really bad.... i'm not even drinking that much beer! so thats not the cause,

just bought 2 litre bottles of water. hopefully going to quench the acid for now..... failing that i have milkshake, which WILL WORK :twisted:

anyway, gaviscon/rennie, to me their all a much of a muchness. so as its a quid in bodycare for a 16tablet pack of gaviscon, that gets my money :p

Ah well you see, I don't like the taste of Gaviscon. That and it's £2 for 64 tabs in Asda at the moment. I'm stocked up!

WOOP! Only an hour and 15 to go till I can feel the chilling breeze of the high street coloring my cheeks! Freedom is not awarded, it is taken! GAAAH!!

Back