The General Conversation Area

Perhaps Kvass is to your liking.

800px-Mint_bread_kvas.jpg

It's made from fermented rye bread. In the former Soviet Union it's consumed with much gusto

My coffee machine has stopped working in a most dramatic fashion.

Whenever one switches it on, it generates a surge sufficient to take out all the electricity in the kitchen. For many minutes I fiddled with the house's circuit breaker, bemused at the fact that flicking the appropriate switch only restored power for as long as it took for the coffee machine to surge again—typically a single second. Only after isolating the cause, viz. unplugging the faulty appliance, was I able to restore stable electricity.

Fortunately, one can do without such a device. A kettle, secondary cup and small sieve work just as well.

Morning,

Woke up to a text saying my family where on their plane to zante, went downstairs to make a fry up breakfast, turns out the dog had an urge to throw up everywhere downstairs, much cursing and cleaning

got into work and the fat cow who fell down her stairs on friday has gone and got herself signed off work for the whole week, she has the on call, so im pretty much ****** for today until she can lazy good for nothing freeloader of a daughter out of bed and bring the on call into work. if its not here today then i'm not doing on call, she can do it herself.

eating a rustlers burger: decent breakfast if you ask me :)

Morning Tachi and all.

Gotta love these four day work weeks. No work would be best but I'd never turn my nose up at a bank holiday weekend. Spent the most part of teh weekend helping other people with thier chores (eg Helping my dad transmit sky into his garage and wall mount a plasma).

Besides the jobs I drank a littl etoo much again. ¬_¬ After last weekend I was planning to give my kidneys a rest but alas, it was not ment to be.

Looks like it'll be a busy one in the office today so I'll be coming and going. Hope all had a great bank holiday weekend.

lol sounds like a good one voddas,

My weekend? Hmm i relaxed alot, playing ps3 and generally not doing much, Saturday night i went out and had a good night, it was my gf's best friends 18th.

We finished off at the place she'd hired for the party and went into town (kayls used her sisters ID to get into clubs) so we went clubbin for a fair few hours. at 3am we where all sat in a chicken and chips place eating, i have my half a pounder burger (as always) then head home and went to bed,

Woke up on sunday with no hang over :D it was a good day, so i just relaxed, watched anime (almost finished Darker than black :() and played Dynasty warriors.
Yesterday i relaxed all day, at 9pm my motivation to do something kicked in and so i logged into Cisco and started playing catch up on my course :p
6 exams done between 9pm and 11:45pm, can't complain with that :p i even dragged my marks up considerably on one chapter exam. Thankfully whilst revising my course i learnt what i want to do with myself after i finish.

Im going to do my CTT+ and become a technician tutor, get myself a job at a high school or a Uni, and become a tutor.
Which means that by 21 i should have a nicely paid job.

Good morning all,

Sounds like some of you at least had a fun bank holiday weekend!

I ended up watching all of Elfen Lied yesterday (first time I've seen it)... was pretty happy with it till the end, though I guess it's open to interpretation, however I was a bit gutted to find out that the manga runs considerably longer. Other than that I spent the rest of it having a rather late night out with some friends and then recovering from it with plenty of liquids and gaming lol

Tachi, what course are you doing Cisco wise?

Morning Ryo and Izek.

Sucks to be in Retail Ryo. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. You have my sympathy.

What did you rate Elfen Lied overall Izek. It's one of those marmite anime's where you either love it or hate it (usually). I quite enjoyed it myself like.

I really enjoyed it personally, as I say the only issue I had was the ending, since I was quite hopeful for some closure (perhaps I asked for to much lol).

However I was really hooked straight from the first episode... I found myself compelled to find out what Lucy was all about and before I knew it I'd watched it all

I too watched it in two/three sittings when I got the box set. Very easy watching imo. Good story line to keep your attention wandering. I too was hoping for more/closure in the end but then I always get that feeling after watching an anime I've really enjoyed.

It's a shame as I checked and the manga continues on considerably longer than the series... however why am I not surprised! I think by the end I had probably flirted enough with the new justice system anyway... can you believe it's only a 15 certificate lol! Pass the soap...

Izekiel said:

I'm on the Cisco Pathway course, however thats abit too much at the moment, I'm prodominantly doing the ComPTIA A+, Hoping to do the CTT+ afterwards :)

Why'd you ask?

Tachi- said:
Izekiel said:

I'm on the Cisco Pathway course, however thats abit too much at the moment, I'm prodominantly doing the ComPTIA A+, Hoping to do the CTT+ afterwards :)

Why'd you ask?

Was just curious, I have some Cisco experience so it's always nice to see other people with similar interests ;)

Morning guys.

Sorry to hear you're not haveing the most fantastic day tachi.

Voddas - sounds like you had a decent long weekend then. I always appreciate some manual labour, if I can do it leisurely. I wouldn't like to do it all day long though.

My long weekend was more eventful than what I first planned it to be.
Friday was ok, just chilling out, replying to posts trying to schedule flat viewings and such. Then Saturday came along with my trip to Brighton as a volunteer on the Asahi anime festival.

Had a great day, even though I've had to work most of the afternoon at the info desk, it was fun to meet more fans and even better to actually meet more fans that are past their teenage years. Oh, and I've also met Mononoke there. Only realized it was her after looking at her entry form for the karaoke. She is shy in person as well.

There were 5 marriages in the church right in front of us, I was really surprised to see so many groons and brides walking along the cosplayers.

Highlight of the day was this couple's proposal. The girl came to Decla, the artist working on the stall beside ours, and asked him to draw her proposing to her girlfriend with the words "will you marry me?". She also asked us to take pictures of all, but when I was about to take the pictures, her camera failed. :S
I've took the pics with mine anyway, until my own battery ran out.

After all the craziness, I went with the other guys who helped organized this to have dinner, chatted a bit and took the train back home.

On Sunday, my laptop start acting a bit funny, untill it decides to die on me =S
Of course that I can't live without a working computer, so off I went to get a new one at Currys. Got myself a red Dell and once I got home, I realized that I must be one of the few stupid people out there that buys a laptop because it looks cools, rather than looking at its specs. BTW, I haven't figure out it's specs yet, as I couldn't be bothered.

Then a friend of mine called me an asked if I wanted to go to the movies. I took her invitation and she decided to see Alice in wonderland, which unfortunately, was not being screening at the time on the reasonably priced cinemas, so we decided to go see The disappearance of Alice Creed. What an awful movie! It fails on its attempts to be too serious. The gay scenes felt so forced in an attempt to give credibility to the movie that a few people in the cinema, me included, actually laughed at that My friend couldn't stop talking in the middle of the movie, which got a guy to telll us to shut up.

After the movie, we went to find a bar I've recommend that went out of business, then we went to antoher one that was closed until we settled for a bar called Zebrano in Soho. Nice bar, but a bit overpriced. My friend bought me a wrong drink, which was possibly the most girlie thing I've ever drunk. it was a pink martini with a cherry on it, when I actually wanted some rum drink. In any case, after a few drinks we ended up discussing relationships as we usually do. She is the younger sister that I never had and we've known each other since my teens, we have enough in common to go well, but for some reason neither never felt that click, you know?

Anyway, after quite a few drinks we headed home and met another brazilian guy at the bus stop. For some reason, we told him there would be no more buses to where he was going at the time of the night, so we convinced him to walk. One minute after he left, his bus came and we couldn't stop laughing. No we didn't told him to go because we were trying to be mean, it was just that at 2am in the morning we were not expecting the bus to still be running, as it wasn't marked as a night bus.

Anyway, got home at 3:30am, slept 3 hours and woke up for work. After work, I had a japanese lesson, which kept on talking abotu Tempura. So, by the end of the lesson I simply had to order some tempura, otherwise I'd crave it for the rest of the week. The driver got lost, so my order took an extra 30 minutes to arrive :( He gave me a little discount as an apology, but that seved as little consolation for the cold Tempura. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back