The General Conversation Area

Thank you for the kind words. She has eaten today, although only tiny mouse sized portions....but at least it's better than nothing and she's drinking water. So, fingers crossed the blood test results are positive, well as much as they can be.

Also, she doesn't get on with Angel at all, but Angel's been sitting next to her and didn't eat her food - well, the food next to her anyway. Rather impressed at how well behaved she's been lol

GolGotha said:
Also, she doesn't get on with Angel at all, but Angel's been sitting next to her and didn't eat her food - well, the food next to her anyway. Rather impressed at how well behaved she's been lol
That's really sweet. :) Fingers crossed the results come back the best they can.

Well I'm back (looks like no one noticed anyway) so it's time for me to catch up with all this stuff.

I checked my bank account and I finally get my deposit back for the accommodation in addition to an extra bit of cash for leaving early so that's great.

However, my payment for Madoka Magica via CD Japan doesn't seem to have been sorted. My card was verified & approved by CD Japan while it was on the Pending list on my bank account but just before the item arrived it disappeared like it never happened. My only theory is that it takes a certain amount of time for the payment to get through like iTunes did since that one took a few weeks. In casing point the CD Japan item arrived a week ago on Saturday.

@Gol, that's unfortunate news but fingers crossed Princess is okay.

Well, I've just come back from the vet. He said there was no need for a blood test, because her liver is so swollen it's probably cancer and if so, there isn't much you can do about it. If it was smaller, they probably could of operated.

He then immediately booked her in for a ultrasound Scan, didn't even get a chance to say goodbye before she was taken away. I just can't believe it, how on earth does a four year old cat get liver cancer?

Edit: Just got her back home and immediately went for her food bowl, due to having a few more injections. Got a check up on Thursday, but the vet isn't sure if she'll last that long.

Apparently her liver is more cancer than liver, so sadly, an operation is definitely out of the question.

NormanicGrav said:
Well I'm back (looks like no one noticed anyway) so it's time for me to catch up with all this stuff.

Oh we did, we were just too intimidated by the streaming list to dare tamper with it ;) welcome back. My Japanese payments sometimes take a weirdly long time to actually charge my card too so I'm sure it will come eventually.

GolGotha said:
Apparently her liver is more cancer than liver, so sadly, an operation is definitely out of the question.

Oh no :(

Thank goodness she's at least feeling well enough to eat now. I hope she's comfortable. When my first cat was suddenly diagnosed with cancer she was whipped away from us for treatment and never got to go home again. I've always regretted that I couldn't bring her back to be in her own territory towards the end.

R

I got the job I applied for back in May! :)

I was meant to start September 1st but work's pulled a fast one on me and I'm having to give 7 weeks notice? I'm currently waiting to hear back off my new employer whether they can now change my contract to a September 22nd start. My God I hope they can otherwise I don't know what to do! :(

Thanks! :D

Yeah it's the job I'm still currently in thats a nightmare hehe. They're making me pay for leaving, I'll tell you that. Extending my notice (have to give a week per year served!), making quips about higher ups applying for jobs and how they have this company in their blood so wouldn't plus quite obviously, workload. I'm still being muled. I'm not being funny though but shouldn't they start giving me less in practice for when I'm no longer here? :p

I would think they are confusing redundancy pay (1 week for every full year worked at the company) with giving notice which is usually 1 or 2 weeks (an office manager at one of my previous jobs made this mistake until corrected by the payroll manager).

Also congrats on the new job.

Yeah it sounds like the notice the company has to give you when they make you redundant. Its usually a maximum of 1 month if you have to give notice. Is there a HR department you can query this with?

Thanks all! Totally excited. I guess I have an extra 3 weeks to sort my weight and myself out for first impressions with new colleagues at least :p

I think this was a set up by my Manager with HR as the minute she told me my last day would be September 19th instead of August 29th I was livid. I went straight to HR and they have gone and agreed on 7 weeks!
Lo and behold, my Manager is off from the 8th-19th Sept and she even admitted "so my being around would be beneficial" so I think I've been kept here for that reason, to watch the team in her absence since our Senior isn't up to scratch even after a year to be left alone. That's why I've done all the Bank Holidays solo this year and he still can't fit all our work into 9-5.

I guess redundancy is their loop hole to keep me. I'm getting paid like normal though after my time served including 8.5 days holiday pay on my last payslip. Stupid pro rata, there's 16 days holiday I havent taken so I'd rather get paid for 16 days thank you!!! Grrrrr lol.

Regarding notice, in professional environments it's usually one week per year you've been in your current job, congrats on the new one though :)

Statutory or contractual notice period

There are two types of notice period: statutory and contractual. Statutory notice is the minimum legal notice that can be given, employer's should give the employee:
•one weeks notice if the employee has been employed by the employer continuously for one month or more, but for less than two years
•two weeks notice if the employee has been employed by the employer continuously for two years, and one additional weeks notice for each further complete year of continuous employment, up to a maximum of 12 weeks. For example if an employee has worked for 5 years then they are entitled to 5 weeks notice.

"employer's should give the employee" meaning that is the notice you should be given in the case of being made redundant, as mangaman74 says.

Ah there we go then, I'll of been here 7 and a half years on the 12th of this month so they rightly get to keep me 7 weeks eh. Boooooo!

They seriously need to back off delegating everything to me still when hierarchy dictates it should be the senior. I should only be doing BAU/checklist stuff! It's their own fault when I leave if they can't hack the true volume of the workload considering how much of it i do. I was hoping there'd no longer be overtime for me but yeah, been doing it since I handed my notice in on Monday, all to still pick up work off the Senior. HE NEEDS TO LEARN! :p

Guess I shouldnt complain about OT though eh. It's cool, I'll get 2 paydays in October! One on the 18th from my new place although I dont have a clue how many days I'll get paid for and one one the 28th from my old place which will have 19 days wage and my 8.5 days holiday pay in there. It's going to be sweeeeeeeet hehehe.

ilmaestro said:
"employer's should give the employee" meaning that is the notice you should be given in the case of being made redundant, as mangaman74 says.

Ah missed that, but anyway, I know in my employment contract it states the same effect, and i know most professional organisations utilise this, it's to avoid issues relating to having key personnel leaving and then being left in the lurch as hiring someone takes a lot longer that 1 week.

Back