The General Conversation Area

When I can't even get a job interview for a part time job at a local Tesco, you start to question your place in the universe.

Ah, now I remember...a village with no buses after 6:30, which screws me up for just about every job advertised.

Joshawott said:
When I can't even get a job interview for a part time job at a local Tesco, you start to question your place in the universe.
You do not want a part time job in a supermarket Josh. Trust me on that. I'm trying to find a way OUT OF that situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably apply to be Rolf Harris' PR officer at the moment if there was such a vacancy...that's how desperate I've become 9.9.

Joshawott said:
I'd probably apply to be Rolf Harris' PR officer at the moment if there was such a vacancy
I would advise otherwise. That is a role of employment that could quite rapidly tie you down, I toy with saying 'sport' here, though that may be one item of fruit that hangs too low even by my standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:

Ah, now I remember...a village with no buses after 6:30, which screws me up for just about every job advertised.
I have a list of things for you to do. It's very long, so take note of all the entries:

1) Learn how to drive.

This is the end of the list. :p

ayase said:
Joshawott said:
You do not want a part time job in a supermarket Josh. Trust me on that. I'm trying to find a way OUT OF that situation.

Haha, I have to agree with Ayase there. My experience of it was rather like how I imagine being in prison must be like. Seriously, when I started it was nothing but screwfaces and snarls from openly aggressive little shits (co workers) who wanted to test my mettle. I only became accepted once I got cool with a few of the top boys there. But I had to leave the job swiftly due to somehow totally accidentally "snitching" on one of those top boys and feeling like I was in actual danger . :lol: :lol:

That is all actually true.

Nothing, I inadvertently told a manager that this one guy had come in late (and to be fair, he was late, and was supposed to be helping me). The next thing I know I'm having lunch with one of the guys and he's saying stuff like "somebody snitched on our boy! We don't know who the **** is yet, but we'll find him and teach him a lesson". And I'm like *gulp* *loosens collar* "what, serious bruv?! What a little fassy... but you definitely don't know who did it right?" I was getting ready to make shanks out of toothbrushes :lol: but I never came back after that, it was the last straw of a truly crap job. They probably figured it was me after I vanished like that, so I never go to that Waitrose.

I have a random question - YesAsia's website says that from 1st May 2014, they will no longer be offering the duty free service to the UK...so do they no longer do the customs dodging thing?

Because I'm looking to pre-order the Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson Japanese Limited Edition, which is listed at 10810yen on CDJapan (and will probably get hit by customs) and £89 on YesAsia with free shipping (which is about £10 less than the calculated cost of ordering from CDJapan with customs and handling fees).

Meanwhile, Nippon-Yasan has it for £61.32 and with their Transi-logic shipping, the total comes to £82.97.

Not sure which way to go....

I would go with Nippon Yasan, my game arrived in excellent condition though it was below the limit so I can't tell how often people would get hit with them. But at £61 (+ around £4 postage varies) you might as well use them, since you'll end up paying even more if you get hit with the others.

I've ordered a Wii U Pro Controller from them recently, so I might wait and see what happens when that's delivered in regards to customs.

Urgh, decisions, decisions. :/

Does anyone have a Nokia Lumia and if so how would you rate them? My blackberry is inevitably going to die. I dont like touch screens but I know I'll have ti stuff upper lip. I just want a phone thats similar in size to the BB and that has the FB and Instrgram app as I've always wanted the latter lol.

I haven't had any major issues with my Lumia - i'll rate it quite highly but then again its my first smartphone.

Worth noting that in the case of Instagram - the app is Beta and that generally Rudy's version is considered the better WP app for Instagram.

As I said on the Photos Thread I just had an emergency family issue which involved my dad. I had manly tears (JoJo style) because I couldn't hold it in but thankfully he's survived the surgery (mini Heart Attack was responsible, I blame KFC) and is well, though he's staying at the hospital for a day. So relieved.

Whew, I'm glad he's ok, NormanicGrav! I went through something similar with my dad; after a period with some scares he's still doing fine now, so I hope yours makes a swift recovery and doesn't have to endure the hospital food for too long.

R

Cheers, I remember having to put up with hospital food (had to get some teeth taken out when I was in Year 8, nothing major just to make sure the teeth is aligned correctly with braces) it was like no solid stuff and just mushy chicken. Oh there was also an Xbox and Shrek 2.

NormanicGrav said:
Cheers, I remember having to put up with hospital food (had to get some teeth taken out when I was in Year 8, nothing major just to make sure the teeth is aligned correctly with braces) it was like no solid stuff and just mushy chicken. Oh there was also an Xbox and Shrek 2.

Ok your hospital sounds much better than any I've ever been imprisoned at! Dry sandwiches and a book (provided by me) is usually as good as it gets :(

R

Good to hear that your Dad is ok, Grav. Hope his recovery goes well!

Found out yesterday that I didn't get the promotion I'd gone in for at work. Missed out by 0.2% on the assessment apparently - extremely frustrating.

Back