The General Conversation Area

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Voddas said:
chaos said:
How to make a recursive n factorial algo.. :S
Easy! You find some recursive n factorial and squeaze it till it goes all algo. ;)
I knew it! =P
What actualy bothers me is the fact that I remembered how to do this the moment I stepped out of the interview :'(
That's sod's law my friend and nothing but. The same thing happened to me when I an exam for a managment possition in Wetherspoons. "What does CQSME stand for?" Of course I still this off by heart 6 years later - Customers,Quality,Service,Maintenance and Entertainment. I couldn't remember on the day and it was an automatic fail. Sod's law my friend, sod's law.
Well, gues that was not meant to be. Toughen up and do better the next time, no? The other one that I knew the answer, but also forgot was a simple graph of profit / loss for options. It's funny that the moment you step out fo the interview you remember everything... :S

Anyway, I might have another one coming soon. Let's see how this goes.

I did toughen up Chaos and I ended up Managing four properties. :p

Was great while it lasted. You can't do that job if you have a life and I didn't have one at the time.... but I wanted one, which is why I left. ^___^

@Tachi: You have three sets of teeth? Like a conehead?! That's messed up mate. lol

Voddas said:
I did toughen up Chaos and I ended up Managing four properties. :p

Was great while it lasted. You can't do that job if you have a life and I didn't have one at the time.... but I wanted one, which is why I left. ^___^

@Tachi: You have three sets of teeth? Like a conehead?! That's messed up mate. lol

LOL i could never do that job then :p
don't worry, i'm not an alien lol....

Sorry Chaos, I misunderstood. :p

As long as you stick at it, you'll get where you want to be mate. I belive in you and recursive n factorial algo preparing skills.
:thumb:

Seriously though... what does that mean?

Voddas said:
Sorry Chaos, I misunderstood. :p

As long as you stick at it, you'll get where you want to be mate. I belive in you and recursive n factorial algo preparing skills.
:thumb:

Seriously though... what does that mean?
No worries.

Factorial is basically multiplying all integers starting from 1 until a number n.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factorial

Recursive algo means an algo that calls itself to resolve a problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factorial# ... _computing

Exactly. It's not the sort of thing you actually use outside of Uni, so I knew it, but couldn't remember how to do it during the interview.

As a matter of fact, I realized this was not the main issue on the interview. I've remembered that I've mixed some answer up with another answer and came up with the nonsensical idea that your loss could be infinite, when in true you can't lose more money than you initially invested.

When I thought i was good at interviewing, I let me anxiety take the best of me =(

Practice makes perfect mate. If you managed it first time, you wouldn't know what you did right. This way your learning aswell as gaining much needed experience on this savage world of life security. Indeed..... Well you deffinately seem to know what your talking about Chaos, you just had a bad day. Anxiety can be a real bitch at times. Just don't let it put you down. ^__^

Hey Tachi! My work Outlook Email has totaly been dead since lunch, thus why I haven't replied. I'm not looking forward to the backlog of emails I'm going to get when it starts up again. :S

Urgh... I could probably understand what's going on if I tried and understoof 1/2 ofthe symbols... But looks like Computing algo is a little advanced without that... And I aint gonna ask atm...

Man, I found the exploding head more dramatic than the math problem... yuck! XD

Hey Tachi! My work Outlook Email has totaly been dead since lunch, thus why I haven't replied. I'm not looking forward to the backlog of emails I'm going to get when it starts up again. :S

No problems mate,

And on that note.....goodnight!

Voddas said:
Well you deffinately seem to know what your talking about Chaos...
Pfft, and I've fooled yet another one... ;)

Chaz said:
Urgh... I could probably understand what's going on if I tried and understoof 1/2 ofthe symbols... But looks like Computing algo is a little advanced without that... And I aint gonna ask atm...
Don't let those weird symbols get you down. Putting it simply it's just getting a random number (say 4) and multiply all integers until you reach that number, starting from 1, so 4! (reads 4 factorial) is = to 1 x 2 x 3 x 4 which is 24.

Morning all,

i have hand warming pads in the shape of a hot water bottle! Their great, first thing in the morning i've got nice warm hands and now have a hot water bottle against my face, keeping warm in this cold weather. Where'd the sun go??

It's not hiding up north... I know that much. Morning Tachi. Got your PSN messages this morning. Heh. Sorry, I was using it to download the Heavy Rain Demo so I wasn't actually at my PS3. I bought the game the other day but it will take a few days to get delivered, so I decided to get the Demo down to show Sarah the game.
It was a rather big job too. If the Demo is that Big, I wonder what the Game will be like. XD

If it wasn't for the fact I was Downloading Bad Company 2 it probably wouldn't have taken so long.

I wish I was still in my bedroom. :'(

Anyways, :p Morning Chaz and Jayme.

What did you end up getting last night then J? Or was it all cash? (which is also good)

Back