The General Conversation Area

chaos said:
ayase said:
... So, more like casual girlfriends / boyfriends.
...RIP Claudia. Hopefully one day I'll find another red-haired female who likes to sit on top of me.

This made me laugh... Hard ;)

Actually, fully ginger female cats are comparatively rare. If you see a ginger cat, 99 times out of 100 it'll be male.

Mutsumi said:
chaos said:
ayase said:
... So, more like casual girlfriends / boyfriends.
...RIP Claudia. Hopefully one day I'll find another red-haired female who likes to sit on top of me.

This made me laugh... Hard ;)

Actually, fully ginger female cats are comparatively rare. If you see a ginger cat, 99 times out of 100 it'll be male.

My sister must have that 1 in 100 then ;) she said that its lucky the people they got her off didn't know what they had, she could of paid a lot more then what she did.

Mutsumi said:
I lay claim to being the biggest fan of cats on the forum, something no one who has seen my house would be foolish enough to contest. In fact I just watched a suspense/horror movie (When a Stranger Calls (2006)) with a cat & some kids in it, I was more concerned the cat might get harmed than I was about the kids. XD

You sound like me. :p

Good morning people of all walks of life!

I've only been in work for an hour and I can already sense that it's going to be a long day.

I have to try and get an appeal on paper by end of play today because the boss has refused a holiday request I wanted in March. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact the holiday was paid for in May last year. My Boss even knew about it because I asked to book it off at the time and he told me they couldn't take any request for 2010 untill January!!!

I'm royally pissed about this. I was planning on going anyway untill they informed me that I will be issued a letter threatening punishment as severe as being fired if I'm not in work for the period I requested!!! WTF!

Besides the appeal. I'll also be browsing the job market. Work is not a priority for me today.

Morning Voddas,

Thinking about it....Isn't that unfair dismissal? Did you ask for the annual leave last year Via Email? If so print out a copy now.
That'd protect your back, Because you'll show that you've informed them over a year ago of the time you wish to take off. And it was them who said they're not accepting annual leave bookings until january....So you waited for january - following their guidlines as they had requested, you once again asked for the time off and they said no. with no real reason AND knowing that you'd booked a holiday.

That email will be the solid proof needed if they fired you that it was unfair dismissal. Also by law they cannot fire you whilst your on sick leave, So if you go and claim you where sick....they can't get rid of you without breaking the law.

Sad to hear that mate, luckily I've noticed a few more jobs flying around here, so maybe you have luck finding a new one soon.

Only rules we have around is regarding how late you can request a holiday, which must be at least 2 times the amount of days of requested. They also required senior approval if more than one person in the team requires holidays in the same day, but other than that, it's pretty easy to book them here.

Oh, that and the fact that you can't carry more than 5 days of holiday to the next year.

Yeah our trust decided every year around feb, whether staff can carry 37.5 hours across to the next financial year or not.

If they can't then it gets paid to them in one lump sum.

During the easter halfterm me, the missus. And another 2 couples are meant to be heading off to another town or city and booking up in a hotel for a long weekend. (4days) so i'll need to see if i can carry my annual leave across or not....

Morning Tach,

Wish I had done mate but sadly it was a verbal request so I have no record of it. I never thought anything of it at the time like. I'm going to do everything in my power to go on this holiday but if there's even the samllest chance of beinf fired, I just couldn't afford to risk it.

My boss isn't in today luckily so I get a cool off period before I go Michael Myers in the office.

Tachi- said:
During the easter halfterm me, the missus. And another 2 couples are meant to be heading off to another town or city and booking up in a hotel for a long weekend. (4days) so i'll need to see if i can carry my annual leave across or not....
sounds cool. A tip for you then:
Every Friday lastminute.com makes a sale. You can get 5* hotels for 40 quid for instance. I've got a really posh place in Rome for really cheap last year in their "Mystery hotel" offer.

Morning all.

The insomnia daemons and a couple of their colleagues from the depression dept. decided to pay me a visit last night as I tried to get to sleep... Spent the whole night writing various ****. I'll be around (as I'm in the shop) but I don't really wanna be. I'd rather be passed out at home.

Sorry to hear about your unreasonable bosses Voddas. :( Good luck with sorting it out and / or job hunting.

ayase said:
Morning all.

The insomnia daemons and a couple of their colleagues from the depression dept. decided to pay me a visit last night as I tried to get to sleep... Spent the whole night masturbating with vigor.

I'm the same; whenever I can't sleep, I put it in my hand and keep going until I feel better.

Well, that's one way to deal with it. It's a bit like taking drugs though, a momentary fix, but doesn't help you in the long run.

Morning Chaos, Ayase and Aion.

I can't carry any holidays over to the next year. We get reset to zero, so if you haven't taken them before the 31st December, it's tough titties.

:lol: I read Aion's post first so I thought Ayase actually said that.

The only thing that can help you in the long term suicide since any happiness is fleeting.

Isn't a bath + water + knife + wrists supposed to be the best solution?

If that's all he requires, then FFXI is the solution. There are many attractive cats (controlled by men), and you can even have in-game marriages with the cats.

The only downer is the wedding costs. I tell you, buying all the wedding stuff costs a ton!

Well todays proving to be a good day....Not.

Hope 5pm rolls around sooner rather than later.
Team leaders complaining about things again.

Back