The General Conversation Area

Had my daughter's parents evening tonight. I had to explain to the teacher what a 'jiblee' film was and who Totoro is :D
Now you encourage them to show Ghibli films in school and get all the kids hooked.

Do they still do that? Wheel out the TV every so often and show kids a film? Probably every classroom has its own flatscreen TV now...

Now you encourage them to show Ghibli films in school and get all the kids hooked.

Do they still do that? Wheel out the TV every so often and show kids a film? Probably every classroom has its own flatscreen TV now...
Most have these smartboard things that barely work, at least they did when I was at my Sixth Form.

My daughter's school has a movie night every couple of months with a projector and 150" screen. Every class has a 65" touch screen HD panel. In my day it was a 26" black and white TV on a trolley when we got to watch a movie at Christmas.

My daughter's school has a movie night every couple of months with a projector and 150" screen. Every class has a 65" touch screen HD panel. In my day it was a 26" black and white TV on a trolley when we got to watch a movie at Christmas.
Touch screen HD panel eh? Sounds better than the smartboards I put up with for years

Touch screen HD panel eh? Sounds better than the smartboards I put up with for years
One of the worse experiences as a parent is when your child says that the schools TV is bigger than yours. My 50" plasma and my 100" projector screen aren't good enough apparently :)

So uh, it's that day, what did you guys get me?
Your very own theme song

Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!

Go Universe!

By your powers combined I am Captaaainuniverse!

Captaaainunivers, he's our hero,
Gonna take pollution down to zero,
He's our powers magnified,
And he's fighting on the Universe's side

Captaaainuniverse, he's our hero,
Gonna help him put us under,
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captaaainuniverse!"

(chanting)
We're the universeteers,
You can be one too!
'Cause saving our universe is the thing to do,
Looting and polluting is not the way,
Hear what Captaaainuniverse has to say:

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"
258x

Your very own theme song

Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!

Go Universe!

By your powers combined I am Captaaainuniverse!

Captaaainunivers, he's our hero,
He's our powers magnified,
And he's fighting on the Universe's side

Captaaainuniverse, he's our hero,
Gonna help him put us under,
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captaaainuniverse!"

(chanting)
We're the universeteers,
You can be one too!
'Cause saving our universe is the thing to do,
Looting and polluting is not the way,
Hear what Captaaainuniverse has to say:

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"
258x
Nice! Though I'm far more likely to be a source of pollution

So. I just had my first driving theory test today. And I failed.

Long story short the results were 39/50 for the multiple choice segment and 58/75 for the hazard perception. You need 43/50 & 44/75 to pass the test. Yeah that's a close one.

The reason I failed is pretty much down to bad luck honestly. I did a lot of revision on this over the past week and got a lot better each time, however the test had a couple questions that I had never encountered before which threw me off completely. One notable example was ESC. Other examples that I struggled with was a question about what road workers would be doing on the construction part of the motorway, like I had never encountered something like that in the revision. The rest were mostly found in the book that I had so I'll be able to remember them for next time.

As such I have booked my next test for Friday 4th May which is in two weeks time. It's the earliest available but I am pretty much ready to pass though for the most part. For those wondering I have done at least 28 hours worth of driving practical lessons so far.

So. I just had my first driving theory test today. And I failed.

Long story short the results were 39/50 for the multiple choice segment and 58/75 for the hazard perception. You need 43/50 & 44/75 to pass the test. Yeah that's a close one.

The reason I failed is pretty much down to bad luck honestly. I did a lot of revision on this over the past week and got a lot better each time, however the test had a couple questions that I had never encountered before which threw me off completely. One notable example was ESC. Other examples that I struggled with was a question about what road workers would be doing on the construction part of the motorway, like I had never encountered something like that in the revision. The rest were mostly found in the book that I had so I'll be able to remember them for next time.

As such I have booked my next test for Friday 4th May which is in two weeks time. It's the earliest available but I am pretty much ready to pass though for the most part. For those wondering I have done at least 28 hours worth of driving practical lessons so far.
Pure luck of the draw as well regarding the questions; I think there's a bank of over 600 or so that get randomly selected for the test. So yeah, put it down to just bad luck!

You'll do it second time :) I think I got a 50/50 for the MC and 65/75 for HP.

Best of luck to you dude ^^

Back