The General Conversation Area

I'm just terrible at judging age these days! If you look anything like your avatar Aya(r)se, I may have to ask you to proof your age ;)
I don't think the Haman look would suit me. I'm not averse to turtlenecks (but not in white) and shades, but I can only see the pink wig and earrings happening in the case of another serious mental breakdown.

Time for a more realistic avatar? All right. Back to my namesake.

I'm actually bad at it IRL though. I did often second-guess when I had young looking people coming to the till with alcohol/bladed products; many were old enough but by good grace they looked really young for their age. The other problem was that the till system we used used to flag up a message whenever a scanned product was an "age limit" product - fair enough it got you to check, but beacause the said code was also used on some "non-age limited" products, like some chocolates, perfumes, it left you wondering "do I need to ask for ID for this product? Are they alcoholic chocolates?" It got really confusing sometimes, and some people got really p****y about it - well, sorry, but I don't want to be lumbered with a £5000 fine, a potential prison sentence and the shop losing it's license XD
Ah well in person it can be very difficult, especially in retail where the risks and consequences are higher

I'll need to look that up sometime; it sounds interesting.

Do you know chess notation, btw? We could play a correspondence game here if you fancied!

Do you mean the A-H and 1-8 regarding the board or is it regarding the pieces?

I must warn you, I'm terrible! It is good fun though :)

None of you know this but I am actually a wierd looking yokai cat in real life...*wooooooh*...

What reincarnation does to you eh? ;)

I don't think the Haman look would suit me. I'm not averse to turtlenecks (but not in white) and shades, but I can only see the pink wig and earrings happening in the case of another serious mental breakdown.

Time for a more realistic avatar? All right. Back to my namesake.

He looks very Zen; I could use some of that **** in my life right now!

I don't want to be lumbered with a £5000 fine, a potential prison sentence and the shop losing it's license XD
We sometimes get auditors coming round where I work, and sometimes they ask the staff questions. I just wish, one day, they'd ask me "What age does a customer have to be to buy liqueur chocolates?" I would answer, with a straight face, "Twelve."

I'd then wait for them to look suitably horrified, and then say, laughing, "I'm joking, I'm joking!" ... (Straight face again.) "It's 10."

We sometimes get auditors coming round where I work, and sometimes they ask the staff questions. I just wish, one day, they'd ask me "What age does a customer have to be to buy liqueur chocolates?" I would answer, with a straight face, "Twelve."

I'd then wait for them to look suitably horrified, and then say, laughing, "I'm joking, I'm joking!" ... (Straight face again.) "It's 10."

I..I laughed XD

It was really bad, because even some perfume has "alcohol" in it, is that included in the age restricted products? The other issue is when you have underage staff who can't "sell" the age restricted items, so they call you over, and you're thinking "please just look your age, please, please, please don't make me ask"

I'm a Lego Curmudgeon...

42b27eed545b65c353d0aab8f743bd42--lego-creations-puppies.jpg

Stuff like Nf3 for "knight moves to square f3" and stuff like that.

Just wondered if maybe you'd fancy a correspondence game using this very thread? Something like, just one move per day or whatever.

Ah gotcha! I must admit I'm not that familiar with that method right now; something I want to pick up though over time. I literally just got my head around the letters and numbers, and I am STILL trying to understand how the horse moves in it's wierd "L" shape around the board. You seem to know more than me though!

When I used to play with my ex over Discord chat, he posted an invite link from the Lichess.org site into the chat and I'd click the link and we'd start a game. I'm not sure if it would be allowed/would work here, or whether it could be done via PM's or something.

I love how transparent we are here; honesty is the best policy now kids ;) ^^ we come in all shapes, sizes and lego bricks! *hugs everyone*

Thing is, you'd actually be right on both counts:
before 2015, it was illegal for liqueur confectionary containing up to 200ml of alcohol per kilogram of chocolate to be sold to shoppers under-16. However, the government recently introduced new laws scrapping this age restriction in a bid to tackle red tape. So whether you stock rum truffles or whiskey chocolates, you don’t need to ask for ID from your customers.

My mum has just told me that Doctor Who is filming in the 17th Century Village in my town and that Bradley Walsh is staying at the local Premier Inn (I think she might go all stalker as she likes him from The Chase)

Back