The General Conversation Area

Well, you DID make me a belated (albeit burned) cake...

How soon is your Birthday? I better get a move on finding a job! No point in looking down South; you already said there's nothing there!

Oh, no, no, no, I'd be such a disappointing gift!...IOU slips it is then!
April. Don't worry about it! Haven't been fussed for getting anything for years, and my excuse for not getting anyone else anything is screaming at the to0 of my lungs that I'm on minimum.
Oh and thanks to mt.generosity at Christmas I should get plenty thus year, I gave one of my brothers a lot of pricey old pc parts and my other brother has found that someone will be putting cider kegs for retail before long

That's really nicely done. The level of quality of anime figures is scary.

I do genuinely think it's amazing how they're made. Some of them look like they're in motion even though they're static; so detailed. This one is just gorgeous; they've got his expression to a T (for Tabris :p)

April. Don't worry about it! Haven't been fussed for getting anything for years, and my excuse for not getting anyone else anything is screaming at the to0 of my lungs that I'm on minimum.
Oh and thanks to mt.generosity at Christmas I should get plenty thus year, I gave one of my brothers a lot of pricey old pc parts and my other brother has found that someone will be putting cider kegs for retail before long

I still appreciate the burned cake; I never even get a real one these days! ^^ (that said I'm a fussy mare when it comes to desserts and puddings so it's no shock)...

I don't know why but the word "keg" amuses me...

Do you really need to ask?

Believe me, I wanted to slap myself upside the head the moment the question left my mouth XD

All I can say is, may your fingers endure much plier pain!

Last edited by a moderator:
The intricacy of some of them is out of this world, like the hair of Vocaloid mascot Miku Hatsune in this model.

Oh I've seen a few models of that character, man, they're just amazing! There's so much movement in it...I mean I know many of them are expensive but it can be justified. If I had disposable cash I'd totally be buying these things!

I'm not really enjoying being a jobless bum right now *cries*

Holy crap, go away for a few hours and BAM! 15 more pages! Make it Stop!! o_O

Ate my lunch, did a few things cleaning up around the house, and took a short GOC nap - now I feel groggy, lol.... anyway, I'm off to pick up my mother and bring her back to my place, we're going to watch some more Ancient Magus' Bride up on the big 120" screen in my theater this evening - we finished Season 1 and watched the first two eps of Season 2 yesterday, now we'll catch up to the current episode today... My mom is one I got hooked on anime, she comes over just about every Sunday for an anime marathon. :cool:

So everyone will be in bed by the time I get back on here, I guess... Have a good evening!

Holy crap, go away fro a few hours and BAM! 15 more pages! Make it Stop!! o_O

Ate my lunch, did a few things cleaning up around the house, and took a short GOC nap - now I feel groggy, lol.... anyway, I'm off to pick up my mother and bring her back to my place, we're going to watch some more Ancient Magus' Bride in my theater this evening - we finished Season 1 and watched the first two eps of Season 2 yesterday, now we'll catch up to the current episode today... My mom is one I got hooked on anime, she comes over just about every Sunday for an anime marathon. :cool:

It's @Phobos, @HWR and @Neil.T , they've been making me laugh XD

Sounds like a plan, and your Mum is cool! My Mum did like Pokemon when I used to watch it, she loved James! XD She does like the animation, and she understands why I like it so much...so that's cool :)

Take are and catch up soon ^^

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UL2IOU/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_lGJ-ub1KJZCXD

I don't know who this character is but it totally makes me smile, I love it ^^
It's Squid Girl, from the anime of the same name. I've got it on DVD; it's a lot of fun. She comes onto land to make humans pay for their ocean-polluting ways but ends up working in a beachside restaurant instead, providing her ink as a pasta ingredient!

@Baggie_Saiyan: I still can't place that episode of Coupling you mentioned. What else happens in it?

It's Squid Girl, from the anime of the same name. I've got it on DVD; it's a lot of fun. She comes onto land to make humans pay for their ocean-polluting ways but ends up working in a beachside restaurant instead, providing her ink as a pasta ingredient!

@Baggie_Saiyan: I still can't place that episode of Coupling you mentioned. What else happens in it?

She sounds ADORABLE! ^^

Not sure I'd like ink on my pasta though :S

Oh no, not the Coupling stuff again XD *hides*

Back