The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Cygames have confirmed that Granblue Fantasy Versus will be available starting February 2020 in Japan. XSEED and Marvelous Europe will be distributing the game for the west.

The story mode for the game will also be an Action RPG type adventure, which is interesting considering it's an Arc System Works fighting game. But the gameplay will probably be similar to Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown but enclosed by my guess. It will be playable in both local and on-line co-op.

The character roster will be 11 in total with around 3-5 more as additional content.

Whatever happened to Granblue Fantasy Relink? That looked promising.
That one is still in development by Cygames (Platinum Games were tasked with covering certain parts of the game which had been completed, there's a lot of confusion about their involvement but for the most part it's a Cygames project). No exact release date but chances are it'll be late 2020.

Konami has announced an update on their upcoming PC Engine Mini / PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini / Turbografx-16 Mini release.

The good news is that M2, the folks who have been handing the production for SEGA's Mega Drive Mini, will also be handling the production for this mini console.

EBcSDtAXsAI77ap

In addition, 7 more games have been announced (with an additional 8th for the PC Engine Mini). You can view the complete line-up in the image above.

The new titles included are:
  • Dragon Spirit
  • Galaga '88
  • The Genji and the Heike Clans (Genpei Tōma Den)
  • The Legend of Valkyrie (Valkyrie no Densetsu)
  • Seirei Senshi Spriggan
  • Splatterhouse [PC Engine Mini version will be in Japanese, the other Mini versions will be in English]
  • Spriggan Mark 2: Re-Terraform Project
  • Tengai Makyou II: Manji Maru [Exclusive to the PC Engine Mini version]
The Mini will be exclusive to Amazon it seems, so you can still pre-order the titles down below (Disclaimer: All links below are affiliated). The Mini won't be released until 20th March 2020 so you still have time to decide on whether you want to get it or not.

The original was 7 months. I don't know how much will be new in P5R though so it does seem a bit long. I'm not sure if I'll get it or not and if I do it won't be straight away as Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be keeping me busy.

Spring that late? 6 months at least after JP how can Atlus keep having such a large gap?
Considering the large size of the game (90 hours length was the original), I'm not surprised. Some publishers tend to wait until the game's text is done so that they can keep the consistency with the translation (otherwise context could end up being inconsistent if they translate really early).

The problem is they want to be “international” like square etc but then not investing in translation while the project is ongoing means they will never be the same as them

I'm sure they would like to, but aren't big enough. Just checking release dates only FF XV was released WW!
XII had an 11 month gap between JP and PAL!

SEGA has announced they will be bringing over the remastered versions for Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 to the west as digital downloads. A physical release containing all three remasters is scheduled for February 2020.

Yakuza 3 is available today, Yakuza 4 is scheduled for 29th October, and Yakuza 5 is scheduled for 11th February 2020.

UPDATE: The digital download is now available - £49.99 bundle for all three games. The physical release will be very limited in the print run and will also include a physical PS3 game case of Yakuza 5 for those who have been supporting the series during the PS3 run. No disc however.

Last edited:
But why a PS3 case for Y5 and not a PS4 case?!?! 😂

The physical PS3 game case of Yakuza 5 is for those who have been supporting the series during the PS3 run for collecting reasons, granted it would have made a lot more sense to include a PS3 disc but alas they ain't doing that.

TY-Tasmanian-Switch_08-06-19.jpg

So for something a little different, for those who are fans of 3D Platformers from the past (Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, etc), Krome Studios, the studio behind TY The Tasmanian Tiger, are running a kickstarter to bring the first game to Switch, PS4 and Xbox One!

It's based on the recently released PC remaster. They went through and polished the whole game, with better textures, better controls, adding new things not in the original game and bringing improvements from the sequels to the original game.

Back the game to receive goodies!

Kickstarter Link

The legend of heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 demo is out on the PSN for anyone interested.

You can grind the demo and save before the final demo boss to make a carry over save for the full game.

It is best to have played or watched the previous games to understand everything since a lot gets brought up, referenced and resolved in CS3 and 4 from all previous arc's.

If anyone needs any help just let me know on here or the Discord.

Back