The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Completely missed this one when it was announced but thought some might be interested.
Kinda open world zombie slasher/shooter that looks like a mix of No More Heroes and every Yakuza side quest. Sold.

HERE COMES A NEW STREET FIGHTER. It's official: Street Fighter 6 is in development! Stay tuned for more news coming Summer 2022.
What the hell did they do to the CLASSIC Street Fighter logo?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!? 😱

That looks like something I doodled on a notebook at school!

AL and discotek need to get into the videogame market, kinda surprise Pqube hasn't picked up the original considering they picked up the crappy looking danmachi game

AL and discotek need to get into the videogame market, kinda surprise Pqube hasn't picked up the original considering they picked up the crappy looking danmachi game
I agree. There's also so many 'fan made' games which come free with BDs in Japan that its a shame no one ever picks up and translates. Konosuba has quite a few and I think Anime Limited could charge a few quid per game and make a killing on the Playstation & Nintendo stores.

Well this is kinda out of nowhere.
I'm surprised it's a PS5 release of Ys VIII and not Ys IX but hey i'll take it.
Now all they need to do is announce details of an upgrade path and what the actual specs like resolution and frame rate are!

Well this is kinda out of nowhere.
I'm surprised it's a PS5 release of Ys VIII and not Ys IX but hey i'll take it.
Now all they need to do is announce details of an upgrade path and what the actual specs like resolution and frame rate are!

It's a head-scratcher. The PS4 version apparently already runs at 1800p/60 on PS5, and based on that trailer it still looks like the Vita game it originally was, so... what's the thinking here? Did the PS4 version have long loading times or something? Or maybe they just want an excuse to put the physical release back in print.

It's a head-scratcher. The PS4 version apparently already runs at 1800p/60 on PS5, and based on that trailer it still looks like the Vita game it originally was, so... what's the thinking here? Did the PS4 version have long loading times or something? Or maybe they just want an excuse to put the physical release back in print.
Running the PS4 version on a PS5 improves the loading times anyway so it's super confusing unless theyre going full 4K 120fps!
Highly unlikely.
There is a collector's edition with a cool steelbook but that's literally the only reason to pick up haha

At least it isn't Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2!
I already own them on Vita, PS3 and PS4!

Kingdom Hearts IV was announced during the 20th Anniversary event, alongside a release date for Kingdom Hearts Union X Dark Road's final update (August 2022) and a new mobile game Kingdom Hearts Missing Link that takes place after the events of Union X.

Very little information has been presented to KHIV but what we do know is that:
  1. This is the start of a new saga, hence the new logo design. If you have lost track on who the next villain is this time - KHIII spoilers: it's the Master of Masters and the Foretellers who first appeared in Union X as well as Luxu who is also known as Xigbar.
  2. The gameplay shown in the trailer was in Unreal Engine 4, but the final product will be using Unreal Engine 5.
  3. The location in the trailer is Quadratum, the 'unreality' aka the real world though in their eyes it's the opposite, which is the same world that Verum Rex takes place. It's also inspired by Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Nomura's dream project that fell through with elements carried over into Final Fantasy XV. Yozora is basically this game's Versus XIII Noctis.
  4. The girl in the trailer is Strelitzia (who is actually a character that made an appearance in Union X and is also Marluxia's sister).
  5. The character speaking at the end of the trailer with Donald & Goofy is Hades.
  6. The game was leaked by NVIDIA so expect a PC release.

Last edited:

Kingdom Hearts IV was announced during the 20th Anniversary event, alongside a release date for Kingdom Hearts Union X Dark Road's final update (August 2022) and a new mobile game Kingdom Hearts Missing Link that takes place after the events of Union X.

Very little information has been presented to KHIV but what we do know is that:
  1. This is the start of a new saga, hence the new logo design. If you have lost track on who the next villain is this time - KHIII spoilers: it's the Master of Masters and the Foretellers who first appeared in Union X as well as Luxu who is also known as Xigbar.
  2. The gameplay shown in the trailer was in Unreal Engine 4, but the final product will be using Unreal Engine 5.
  3. The location in the trailer is Quadratum, the 'unreality' aka the real world though in their eyes it's the opposite, which is the same world that Verum Rex takes place. It's also inspired by Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Nomura's dream project that fell through with elements carried over into Final Fantasy XV. Yozora is basically this game's Versus XIII Noctis.
  4. The girl in the trailer is Strelitzia (who is actually a character that made an appearance in Union X and is also Marluxia's sister).
  5. The character speaking at the end of the trailer with Donald & Goofy is Hades.
  6. The game was leaked by NVIDIA so expect a PC release.
When I saw the KHIV trailer I genuinely thought it was one of those April Fools videos I didn't see on the day but the more it went on the more I'm in for it.
That said, it's Square so this is most likely a proof of concept and it's a minimum of 5 years away 🤷‍♂️

As you brought up the Nvidia leak this brings us ever closer to that FF9 remake on the list! Haha

Sony's State of Play showed off some interesting stuff:

The Callisto Protocol
Date: 2nd December 2022 (also coming to PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & PC)
Notes: The game is developed by the co-creator of Dead Space.

Eternights
Date: Early 2023 (also coming to PS4 & PC)
Notes: A western developed game heavily inspired by Persona 3-5, they also brought in some of Persona's VAs.

Final Fantasy XVI
Date: Summer 2023 (currently exclusive to PS5)
Notes: New gameplay trailer, still looks a bit rough on the edges but looks promising.

RESIDENT EVIL 4 Remake
Date: 24th March 2023 (also coming to Xbox Series X|S & PC)
Notes: A remake of the 2005 action horror classic. This time Capcom is going for a more dark horror tone to match the other remakes. PSVR2 is also planned but details are TBC.

RESIDENT EVIL VIILAGE
Date: TBC
Notes: The whole game will soon be playable in PlayStation VR2!

Street Fighter 6
Date: Summer 2023 (also coming to Xbox Series X|S & PC)
Notes: New modes and yes they changed the logo.

Last edited:
Back