The End Of The World On September 10th 2008

I went on a Physics trip to the LHC. Absolutely fascinating place, and yeah a black-hole is one of the possible outcomes of the experiment, but the chances are slim to nothing.

These experiments have been going on for decades, atom smashers; this one is just a lot more powerful.

The aim of the experiment is to find this thing called the Higgs boson, which is predicted to be the particle that holds the key to everything.

The other thing is that is was meant to be activated a year ago, so I just hope it has no more problems.

Ryo Chan said:
RetroRainbow said:
It's more believable than The Sun, though~ although I'm aware that that's not saying much, hah.

fox news is more reliable than the sun, nuff said :D

Fox News and The Sun have a lot more in common, you know. They're both owned by News Corporation, which is owned (mostly) by Rupert Murdoch. News Corp. owns The News of the World and Sky, too.

They're different coloured eggs from the same basket, I guess that's a good enough way to put it. :D

melonpan said:
I went on a Physics trip to the LHC. Absolutely fascinating place, and yeah a black-hole is one of the possible outcomes of the experiment, but the chances are slim to nothing.

These experiments have been going on for decades, atom smashers; this one is just a lot more powerful.

The aim of the experiment is to find this thing called the Higgs boson, which is predicted to be the particle that holds the key to everything.

The other thing is that is was meant to be activated a year ago, so I just hope it has no more problems.

What was the reason it was delayed? I heard rumours back then that a similar thing to what's going on now had stopped it. Plus you're right, afterall we've been making anti-matter for the last couple of years now :lol:

Bad Wolf said:
evangelion rocks said:
Spyro201 said:
Bad Wolf said:
Bloody hell, whats with all this doomsday stuff these days?

Its what the world has come to now.
They made a movie or sixteen out of it.

Haha yeah in a few years time, someone will make a film on this....

Well...if i can im going to steal a xbox and run down to where the black holes are and throw the bloddy thing in. make sure that if they do form and destroy the world that the xbox was the first thing to fall to it lol

Tachi- said:
Bad Wolf said:
evangelion rocks said:
Spyro201 said:
Bad Wolf said:

Well...if i can im going to steal a xbox and run down to where the black holes are and throw the bloddy thing in. make sure that if they do form and destroy the world that the xbox was the first thing to fall to it lol

bah :p i'm going to throw a coacroach in to see if they are truly the ultimate lifeform

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
Bad Wolf said:
evangelion rocks said:
Spyro201 said:
Bad Wolf said:

bah :p i'm going to throw a coacroach in to see if they are truly the ultimate lifeform

The Xbox wont fit in the hole >__>

Aye, coacroaches are the ultimate lifeform, bastards.

Bad Wolf said:
BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
Bad Wolf said:
evangelion rocks said:
Spyro201 said:
Bad Wolf said:

The Xbox wont fit in the hole >__>

Aye, coacroaches are the ultimate lifeform, bastards.

Yup, cocky sods.

*nuke blast*

"yeah yeah *yawn* im the invincibe cockroach.........oh SH*T! a shoe"

On Radio 4 they are doing a special on the Day. They are calling it Big Bang day or something; il be tuning in :lol: Countdown to extinction n all.

The best songs to have on the radio countdown:
1.Always look on the bright side of life
2.It's the end of the world as we know it
3.Panic on the streets of london
4.Supermassive black hole

and just before it happens:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e32kaa9TzeE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e32kaa9TzeE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

evangelion rocks said:
The best songs to have on the radio countdown:
1.Always look on the bright side of life
2.It's the end of the world as we know it
3.Panic on the streets of london
4.Supermassive black hole

and just before it happens:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e32kaa9TzeE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e32kaa9TzeE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't forget I Will Kill You.

I propose we fix this by getting bombed and watching marathons of Frasier.

That's the day I go back to college.

Anyway, I saw a documentary about this a while ago. I think it was originally planned for November last year, but something postponed it for several weeks.

TBH I havint seen enough convincing proof of the actual existence of black holes in the first place to be worryoing about that, however the experiment itself could be quite dangerous.

Back