The E3 2015 Thread

vashdaman said:
If Shenmue HD is announced today, I will flip my lid. FLIP MY LID.

I would as well, always heard great things about this series and I want to play it. Didn't the creator tease about one of the forklifts appearing at E3?

NormanicGrav said:
vashdaman said:
If Shenmue HD is announced today, I will flip my lid. FLIP MY LID.

I would as well, always heard great things about this series and I want to play it. Didn't the creator tease about one of the forklifts appearing at E3?

He posted that he saw a forklift truck at E3, which is obviously symbolic with the Ryu part time job section of Shenmue. However, this could easily mean nothing.

I for one hope we get Shenmue III and have held the faith ever since finishing Shenmue II back in the day and checking shenmue dojo daily. LanDi-sama must pay for what he did.

So I ended up going to bed last night so watched a VOD of the Bethesda conference, my thoughts are....

Dishonored 2 - $£%& YES! Pretty cool you can pick between Corvo and Emily too, I just hope they have very different play styles rather than a skin swap.
Doom - Honestly wasn't all that impressed, but when I say that I can't help thinking "wtf was I expecting?", I mean, it's Doom...
Battlecry - Um....okay then.
Fallout 4 - I'm neither here nor there at this point. Some things I love, some things I'm less thrilled about, most likely still a day one for me though.

Up next is the MS conference which I'll watch live, not sure what they could show to interest me tbh, my Xbone has basically been a Ori and the Blind Forest machine up until this point....jesus my Wii U has been on more than my Xbone, and that has very little I care about at this point too.

He saw a random forklift at E3, took a picture of it, and tweeted it. I'm not sure I'd class that as a "teaser" to be honest, although that's exactly how many have took it. I'm not saying it doesn't have anything behind it, but it could have been a simple, light hearted tweet of something which made him smile. But the whole internet is like "YU YOU BETTER NOT BE TROLLING ME!!". It's ridiculous.

In positive news though, he also favourited four of Team Yu's #SaveShemue tweets. That was nice.

Microsoft had a pretty good conference. Backwards comparability was a huge surprise and I really hope it pressures Sony into doing something similar where you can play a game on their streaming service if you have a disc copy. The new Halo looks pretty good, Recore looks pretty cool, always good to see a new IP, Rare's new IP also looks pretty cool and the new Gears might be decent. The other stuff looks pretty alright, nothing mind blowing but nothing bad.

I was honestly shocked to see Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility added to the Xbox One. Unlike PlayStation 4 there was no reason for Xbox One to not have the feature as far as I'm aware.

Nice to see some new Gears of War as well as the first game being remastered for the console.

Rather annoyed they ignored the 'Timed Exclusive' note on Rise of the Tomb Raider but it's Microsoft's conference they can do whatever the hell they want.

Oh, the Minecraft Hololens was honestly pretty incredible.

NormanicGrav said:
Oh, the Minecraft Hololens was honestly pretty incredible.

It's one of those things, for me, where I need to use one myself before I can believe it. Call me a sceptic, but I don't believe for a second what they were showing was completely representative of what you'd actually see.

I found the MS conference a bit bland tbh. Forza looked like every other Forza game just with some new bells and whistles on, same problem with Halo. Oddly enough it was Gears 4 that caught my interest, despite me never playing any Gears since the original. Re-Core is interesting but I'm still on the fence. The new Rare game is just copying the pirate ship elements of Assassin's Creed, but then those were great fun so that's not necessarily a bad thing. Backwards Compatability is a big plus, provided it does not end up as half-baked as it was on 360. I did like the Holo-lens demo, but I don't see it being very useful for most games.

Some interesting stuff from MS.
- Backwards compatibility could be huge if it's not half assed.
- No idea what Re-Core is but I'm interested at the very least.
- Gears 4 looked cool enough but haven't really cared since 3 as the story ended there for me.
- The Rare Pirate game looks fantastic, hope it can live up to the picture I have in my head because damn a good multi-player pirate game would be a glorious thing.
- While it was just a CG trailer, Dark Souls III is day 1 for me
- Maybe I'm just an old git but VR/Holo-lens stuff holds no interest for me in terms of gaming, I guess it was pretty cool, I'm rather sceptical though.

Well the EA conference was pretty awful. The only stuff that looked good was Battlefront and Mirror's Edge. The rest ranged from Meh to GODDAMN LET THIS END. Who thought it was a good idea to have Pele's story time for what felt like an eternity in the middle of a video game press conference? Oh and the Minions mobile game got more stage time than Mirror's Edge. Jesus Christ.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Well the EA conference was pretty awful.
Hasn't "EA: Pretty awful" been their slogan for about the last two decades? No? Perhaps that's just what I've become conditioned to see and hear every time I see the logo.

EA's conference was frustrating to watch. You get a glimpse of something good, and then they'd spend double or triple the amount of time talking about ****** annual sports games or shovelware mobile titles.
The things which seemed kind of interesting for me were Mirror's Edge, Unravel (That poor guy was nervous as hell) and to some extent Battlefield: Star Wars.

ayase said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Well the EA conference was pretty awful.
Hasn't "EA: Pretty awful" been their slogan for about the last two decades? No? Perhaps that's just what I've become conditioned to see and hear every time I see the logo.

They've been getting better recently but when more than half of your conference is dedicated to Sports games that a good chunk of your audience doesn't care about, it's pretty terrible. They do it every year too. I'd love to know if anyone actually enjoys the sports segments because if there is, I've never met them.

IncendiaryLemon said:
They've been getting better recently but when more than half of your conference is dedicated to Sports games that a good chunk of your audience doesn't care about, it's pretty terrible. They do it every year too. I'd love to know if anyone actually enjoys the sports segments because if there is, I've never met them.
That's one of the reasons why I thought Microsoft's E3 Conference was an improvement this year. They didn't shove the sports **** or yearly CoD content in there, instead focusing on showcasing their first party/indie/new stuff.
That said, I can't say there was too much in there that appealed to me all that much. Re-Core looked like it could be interesting, and despite never playing a Gears game before I thought the gameplay for Gears 4 at the end of the trailer was pretty neat.
I have no idea what on earth they have done to Halo though. Halo 5 looks like a complete and utter mess. (I didn't play 4 either)

Yeah that was pretty awful. The dude talking about Unravel was so damn nervous but came across so bloody earnest, you could tell he cared about what he was making, and the game looks pretty damn charming too. Mirror's Edge looked great, as did Battlefront. But still, it was a hard watch.

The EA conference was every bit as dire as I expected, with the exception of Unravel which looks amazing. I was disappointed and surprised at the absence of Mass Effect 4. Didn't see Mirror's Edge or Star Wars because my internet stuttered and died when Mirror's Edge was being presented (I sat through all those damn sports games and Pele's life story for nothing), recovered in time for more sports I don't care about, then died again when Star Wars came on. Urgh. I'll watch them tomorrow, along with anything Ubisoft have of interest.

Back