The Avengers

Jaymii said:
Wasp better be in the sequel.
They're already planning a sequel?

stupid-fry.jpg

I would think they are planning on a trilogy (depending on the success of the first Avengers movie) as all big releases have to be trilogies nowadays.

And there came a day...http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=42030

Trailer plays post-creds after Captain America, quality there is dire so may want to hold off.

Seems like everyone has new costumes, ironically while Cap's costume is now more classic and less Ultimate, Thor is the opposite with no sleeves and longer hair and beard. Kind of a shame =/ I love The Ultimates and Ultimate Thor's look, but I really think that the reborn costume worked well in Thor (plus glorious cape-age T___T) still, this teaser >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Knight Rises Teaser. I'm way pumped for both ,but the TDKR teaser was disappointing to the max. I preferred the TDK teaser with no visuals and just Bruce and Joker quotes.

I think I'm holding off on watching that. As excited as I am, I don't want to see it non-IMAX'd out. I agree on TDKR teaser though, that was pretty lame. Amazing Spidey's one sounds good.

Jaymii said:
I think I'm holding off on watching that. As excited as I am, I don't want to see it non-IMAX'd out. I agree on TDKR teaser though, that was pretty lame. Amazing Spidey's one sounds good.

Stay strong my brother. It'll definitely be epic on the big screen, it's too blurry to make out most stuff really, except Thor's new look, but I am weak and I couldn't contain myself :p

ilmaestro said:
Wow, absolutely holding off before I see that, too.

I'm not even that hyped for TDKR for some reason. :-/

Maybe because TDK was too good? I think Nolan went too far with TDK because it had all the best stuff, best villains, great plot, great dialogue, great cast, just brilliant. I don't think TDKR can be anywhere near as big, Bane and Catwoman are just not interesting characters to me really.

I know the "Rises" is added just to capitalise on the success of the TDK, but jesus, it does make that film much harder to search anything about. Anyway, I don't think that's the case - it's just a poor teaser, and having a dying man give a hard-to-hear monologue is always going to be a limp way to give the idea of spectacle. Here's the TDK teaser and I think it far more captivating.

(Re: the film itself, I'm not particularly big on Nolan. He's fine, I just never care.)

Captain America comes out Friday 29th July over here. I'm quite looking forward to it, and a lot of the (geeky) reviews I've read say it's a very strong film - perhaps even Marvels best - but that might just be limited to the comic fans because RT's tomatometer began today with 40%, the opposite of Thor's 90% or something, and has been progressing slowly upwards all day. (It's just gone Fresh, at 60%) so... I'm certainly curious how good it is.

Yeah, it could be because of how epic TDK was, but I don't really have an issue with Bane "in theory" - but I don't think the leaks/promo shots surrounding him have been all that encouraging, either.

@jaymii I do admire Marvel for doing something a bit different though, all their films this year have been a bit different from standard CBMs, Thor was more fantastical, Cap is WW2 era with what looks to be some flash gordony tech and so on, while X-men was set in the 60s with a Bond-y vibe

@ilmae Yeah, when Hardy was cast I was all "**** yeah!" but I really don't like the mask looking like fingers... it's weird.

That link dun broke for me, but if it's the massive SDCC concept banner of all the avengers plus shield then heck yeah that's one awesome poster. The worst thing about it is that it's too wide for my wallpaper. I've had to cut out the big three and paste them together into a kind of tri-banner poster to make do.

EDIT: Seems that Avengers will be released here on the 27th April next year, nearly a month before the US release http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=42907

EPOCH WUN!

Gentlemen. It's up.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-84FIZ8-Ow?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-84FIZ8-Ow?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Ok, so I'mma resurrect this in the hopesthere will be some discussion once the film's out. I'm seeing it 8.20 on Thursday. I am unable to contain my excitement :p

Back