~The avatar thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.
chaos said:
School Rumble is not a rom-com, for me at least, it's purely comedy.
I agree with this 100%. Several of the jokes are related to the romantic interests of the characters, but this is not the point. SR is a top five all-time comedy series, for me.

chaos said:
School Rumble is not a rom-com, for me at least, it's purely comedy.

I certainly think School Rumble goes lighter on the rom aspect, but I still get very drawn into it personally. Whenever I watch it I'm totally pulling for Harima/Eri and am still annoyed at the lack of a conclusive ending on the romantic front. It certainly is one of the best comedies ever, a personal fave.

As for best high school rom-com...No love for Toradora? I'm rewatching it just now and all it's doing is cementing my opinion that it is indeed the best of its genre and probably in my all time top 10 series.

I've yet to see His & Her... though, so who knows.

Proberly the wrong place to ask,,,,

Does Anyone know a good re-sizing tool so i can use a section of a dvd screenshot as a avatar?
If I just reduce the size in paint it just pixalizes :)

(say the section I want is 500x500 but i need 400x400 or whatever)

(I dont have Photoshop, not even willing to get it tbh)

Shadowcat said:
Proberly the wrong place to ask,,,,

Does Anyone know a good re-sizing tool so i can use a section of a dvd screenshot as a avatar?
If I just reduce the size in paint it just pixalizes :)

(say the section I want is 500x500 but i need 400x400 or whatever)

(I dont have Photoshop, not even willing to get it tbh)

Gimp is a free alternative to Photoshop that'll do the job for you. http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

I find Paint.net covers most of my everyday needs now that I've lost my old Photoshop disc. Not as comprehensive as Gimp, but the last time I used Gimp it had some of the most convoluted and downright stupid controls I've ever seen. I find Paint.net infinitely easier to use.

Thanks for the reply's. I didnt know Gimp was free :/

I remember looking through youtube for photoshop and gimp tut's a few months back, and those controlls are a total mind^^^^ to me :x

Il proberly give Gimp a go tomorow, if it goes well il have an avatar tomorow :)

(I dont know what I want atm, so itl be quicker to scan watch a dvd and choose, rather than choose a existing one)

For the sake of Xmas, I got myself a little help...
So you better watch out, you better not cry. You better not pout, I'm telling you why - Sia Claus is coming to town!! :D

Changed my avatar to something i've not used in a while. Mixing my education in mathematics and my wish to learn japanese.

Jet-pack Jack said:
Ace Ventura yaaaaay
I say that I approve, but you may want to ask Mr Spanky on his approval...
deculo.jpg

"Shut your rear! Can't you see I have monkey business to sort out?!"

We'll if he's not going to disprove of it, good job!

So I've had this (U)K-ON! avatar for... a while. From an ideological point of view, I want to change it. When it comes to the crunch though, I still think it's my favorite avatar I've had, so I end up keeping it. Prizes will be given to anyone who can suggest an avatar that I actually want to change to.

Mine is a random girl which appeared in naburi no ou. Not even a character just the image with some fish.

ilmaestro said:
So I've had this (U)K-ON! avatar for... a while. From an ideological point of view, I want to change it. When it comes to the crunch though, I still think it's my favorite avatar I've had, so I end up keeping it. Prizes will be given to anyone who can suggest an avatar that I actually want to change to.

personal Tsu-jagi would suit you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back