~The avatar thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanC

Adventurer
A simple thread, just talk about your current/latest avatar.

My new one is secret agent Najica and the android thingy Lila from the Najica Blitz Tactics manga. Scanned it in, cropped it and edited something from the background.

So, whats yours!

Mines Naruto doing sexy-no-jutsu and my signature is from 666Satan which is by the brother of the creator of Naruto.

My current avatar is Chloe from Noir , in a scene from the penultimate episode . One of my favourite anime charecters , so I thought it was about time I had an avatar of her.

My latest avatar (as of yesterday) is Reki from Haibane Renmei- I really enjoyed the first volume of the series, loved the artwork and decided I needed a relevant avatar. The first pic was the one I originally intended to use, but the file size was 21 KB even after I'd cropped and edited as much as I wanted, so I used the second one.

Just to digress, how does the Najica manga compare to the anime?

Red XIII said:
Just to digress, how does the Najica manga compare to the anime?
Ill post some quick thoughts on vol 1 tomorrow (once ive read it :p ), but from a quick read of chapter one theres less panty shots (lol) and it starts a bit differently.

My avatar is from MONSTER. This will sound complicated, but it's a monster illustration from a picture book read (and often referenced) in the series.

My latest avatar is 'Beyond the Grave' from Gungrave. I really admire Yatushiro Nightow's design work and thought this stylish B+W pic would make a cool avatar.

Paul said:
My avatar is from MONSTER. This will sound complicated, but it's a monster illustration from a picture book read (and often referenced) in the series.
I quite liked the Johan one you switched to very briefly!!

My signature states who my current avatars are! They're from a very "hard" yaoi anime - definitely not for the feint hearted :lol:

mine's cropped from the front cover of 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness' by the Smashing Pumpkins. the art in the whole inlay booklet is amazing but it makes some people on other forums think that i'm a girl because of it! :shock:

Well mine is from Escaflowne at the moment, something quite girly as a change. But i was thinking of changing it, maybe something form Bleach or maybe just some cute guy

I have just changed mine to Shimbo from Chobits. AKA Eloping bastard :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Shigure, most probably my favourite character from the series.

This is my new avatar of Ichigo from Bleach, but i wasn't sure whether to go for this one of Rukia instead
bleach_012.gif

Charter_Mage said:
I love Shigure, most probably my favourite character from the series.

This is my new avatar of Ichigo from Bleach, but i wasn't sure whether to go for this one of Rukia instead
bleach_012.gif
No! stick with Ichigo, or even better try and find one of Ishida when he's acting really cool :D

Mine would be from Dexter's Lab, and is Dexter's personal mecha.

Because as we all know, "the solution to our problems is... TO BUILD A GIANT ROBOT!" :p

So yeah, I'm a big fan of Genndy Tartakovsky's stuff. Dexter's lab, Samurai Jack, and even the recent Clone Wars thing (which I hear, is getting its own series now). Actually, I would say that there's more action, style and character packed into each of those five minute episodes than they manged with Episode II in its entirety. Anyone who's seen a cartoon Samuel L. Jackson decimate an entire droid army by himself knows this.

Oh, and the final episode with General Grievous taking on 6 Jedi at once was extremely well done.

It's kind of ironic that I like so much about Str Wars except the actual movies (at least, the most recent one anyway). :mrgreen:

Er... wait a minute, what were we talking about again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back