The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Do You Like Big Girls volume 5
I won't explain the attraction. I'd already bought the series in Japanese. 😀

World's End Harem Fantasia Academy 1
Thought I'd try it out. Comedy and fanservice.

I'm Not a Succubus 1
No idea how it's going to develop.
Over the top Yuri and comedy, I think.

Well, I found out that I am thick today.

Received Candy & Cigarettes today. Thought £5.77 was great for a used copy.
It's about an 11 year old assassin.

I didn't read the ebay listing carefully enough. It is in French.:mad:. Was in the small print. The sellers should really put that into the title.
So now I have to waste time posting it back and paying for the postage.

At least the last time this happened it was an anime called The Labyrinth de something or other. Because of the fanservice and slapstick nature of it, I was fine. It was £1.99 so no big deal

Decided to buy
Escaflowne TV Series, Cowboy Bepop, Martian Successor Nadesico The Movie & Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale solely to upgrade from some old DVD copies.

Ordered K-ON! The Complete Omnibus Edition paperback. It's nice to have affordable K-On! manga again, the original manga books are ridiculously priced even when used.

awesome! didn't know this was a thing, or that the original manga was expensive now.
going by the cover it's the original 4 volumes, not including the 2 later spinoff volumes?

awesome! didn't know this was a thing, or that the original manga was expensive now.
going by the cover it's the original 4 volumes, not including the 2 later spinoff volumes?
At first I thought you were referring to the latest manga series called K-On! Shuffle, but I guess you are referring to College and High School spin-offs.

Yes, based on the covers and the page count it is just the 4 main volumes.

Ordered K-ON! The Complete Omnibus Edition paperback. It's nice to have affordable K-On! manga again, the original manga books are ridiculously priced even when used.

Plan to get this in the new year myself, I do hope High School and College get a re-release, I own High School but that's all. It does seem Shuffle will be getting an English release as well though which is great news!

Last edited:
I ordered a copy of the Peach Girl DVD digipak set off eBay yesterday, since the S.A.V.E. edition is no longer available at Rightstuf. I likes me some more shojo titles to add to my collection, before they're totally OOP.

Placed all my AL XMas sale orders today.

The Promised Neverland and Bartender in the BOGOF
Cyber City Oedo 808 with the double dip discount code.

Liz and the Blue Bird
Psycho Pass Sinners of the System
Birthday Wonderland
Dragon Dentist
Summer Days with Coo
Children of the Sea
Code Geass Lelouch of the Resurrection

all with the 10% sale discount code,

familiarofzero1.gif

I have finalised my Rightstuf order. Pretty disappointed with the prices in general especially on Sentai's selection, but I went for a bunch of Funimation Essential titles that I wanted to get whilst they were available (Sevakis and others were giving out a warning about how older Funi releases could discontinue at any moment now). Bikini Warriors sold out so that sucks lol - but at the same time I seem to recall Japan re-released the show with extended stuff for lewdness so I wonder if Funi's release is technically outdated to that extent.

I also turned down Aniplex's Nisekoi as I couldn't justify myself going for the box set when I own most of it anyway via Aniplex's Season 1 volumes and KAZE's Season 2 parts.

Isekai:
  • Aura Battler Dunbine (Sentai)
  • The Familiar of Zero Collection (Sentai)
  • Knight's & Magic (Crunchyroll)
Fantasy:
  • Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor (Crunchyroll)
  • A Centaur's Life (Crunchyroll)
  • Shakugan no Shana S (Funimation)
  • Shakugan no Shana the Movie (Funimation)
Sci-fi:
  • Casshern Sins (Funimation)
  • Fafner: Dead Aggressor & Fafner: Heaven and Earth (Funimation)
Ecchi:
  • Cat Planet Cuties (Funimation)
  • The Seven Heavenly Virtues (Sentai)
  • Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- (Funimation)

Yes most prices for FUNimation titles are the same as last year, certainly for the regular editions. That’s why I also placed an order over at Amazon for anything that was cheaper than on RS (with Amazon Prime).

My 2nd and probably final Rightstuf order of this holiday sale.
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits BD
Ai Tenchi Muyo BD
A Spirit Of The Sun BD
Aura Battler Dunbine BD
Classroom Of The Elite BD
Kissdum-R Engage BD
Naisho No Tsubomi DVD
Tenchi GXP DVD
The Silver Guardian BD
Tsukigakirei BD

Back