The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I ordered 3 titles yesterday during the weekly Rightstuf Got Anime preview, two in the sale and one discotek DVD:

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale Blu-ray
AFTERLOST Blu-ray
Iria Zeiram: The Animation Master Collection DVD

I have the 1994 Anime Works metal DVD tin for Iria, but I read that the Discotek DVD was a big upgrade to the original video, so figured I'd pick it up, and maybe just store it inside the tin.

So the Nadia UE has been posted up today at £149.99. That puts it at only £124.99 with VAT removed, plus my 15% AU discount, and free shipping, so £106.23 for me. I guess I'll go ahead and add it to my order, since I don't own any US release for the series. I better like the dang thing... 😓

My final order of all Early Birds from the AtA 12 Days Sale:

ata22preorders.jpg

Last edited:
Well if you have to splash ... in my case it usually is a big splash, might be my weight 😁
  • Future Boy Conan Part 1 Collector's Edition
  • The Deer King Collector's Edition
  • The Relative Worlds Collector's Edition
  • The Irresponsible Captain Tylor Collector's Edition
Used UNLIMITEDXMAS22 on that order

Also this order, where I used the XMASBELTER22 code
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm Seasons 1+2 Collector's Edition
  • Bartender Collector's Edition
  • Future Boy Conan Part 2 Collector's Edition
  • Tower of God Ultimate Edition
And finally
  • Cyber City Oedo 808 Remastered (with 5% off code)
  • Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water Ultimate Edition

Last edited:
Awesome Stiivun, looks like you and I did about the same amount of damage in the AtA Sale. I placed two orders using those codes, for 12 titles total, and all were CE sets except the two BOGOF Miyazaki Documentaries. I had predicted in an earlier post before the sale started that I would spend at least £400 in the sale, and I ended up spending £393.54, so I wasn't too far off on my guesstimate, lol.

There was another £150 or so I could have spent in the sale, but those titles I decided to wait on for one of next year's sales.

Pre-ordered from All The Anime:

(Christmas Sale) *with 15% code

Ascendance of a Bookworm - Seasons 1+2 Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
Goodbye, Don Glees! - Collector's Edition (DVD/ Blu-ray/CD)
Liz and the Blue Bird - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - Ultimate Edition (4K/Blu-ray)
The Deer King - Collector's Edition (DVD/Blu-ray)
Tower of God - Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray)

Since I owned pretty much all of the ones I wanted that were on offer I mainly focused on these lot for the Early Birds:
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm Seasons 1 & 2 (ordered using 15% code)
  • Cyber City Oedo 808 (ordered using the discount code to get £5 off)
  • The Deer King (ordered using 15% code)
  • Goodbye, Don Glees! (ordered using 15% code)
  • Liz and the Blue Bird (ordered first as they initially said it would be out for Christmas, turns out it got delayed at the last second)
They'll definitely run EB Reduxes next year so if they reveal more info on Nadia and Tower of God then it's a maybe for later.

I keep looking at RightStuf and having trouble finding any decent bargains. I suppose I should be happy in the amount of money I'm not spending (and not adding to my pending pile) but ...

Yes most prices for FUNimation titles are the same as last year, certainly for the regular editions.

I think the best bargains Rightstuf had this season were the bigger than usual discounts on some of the Aniplex of America titles during Black Friday week. I picked up all 4 sets of March Comes in Like a Lion, and the Nisekoi boxset. Granted I still killed my wallet just with those two titles, but I did save almost $300 and spent way less than buying them any other time of the year.

Pay Day:
Screenshot_20221216-122245.png
Screenshot_20221216-122300.png
Blue Period from this sale:

The rest from the Top 50 of the Year coin back event:

There's also a Winter 2023 event:

*Affiliate links

Last anime order of the year (I promise!). At RightStuf, I picked up the $99 Galaxy Angel bundle, Ranma 1/2 Standard Edition Blu-ray Set 1 ($28.33), and Super Gals! DVD Anime Elements ($7.73). With postage and tax, it was $200/£160, which is less than what Amazon UK is charging for the GA sets alone.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 LE BD
The Dungeon of Black Company LE BD

Both from eBay.
Ha ha, want to swap our copies?

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 LE BD
The Dungeon of Black Company LE BD

Both from eBay.

That time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Season 2 Part 2

The Dungeon of Black Company

Both DVD for price.

I go onto ebay to leave some feedback on a previous order I received and I end up ordering some more Australian Blu-rays. 😆

Ordered from Ebay:
My Girlfriend is Shobitch - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Rent-A-Girlfriend - Season 1 Complete series (Blu-ray)

Curse me for looking at Zavvi in a moment of weakness.

Samurai Champloo Collection Steelbook (£19.99) and Pom Poko - Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook (£9.99)

There was an extra £3 discount for steelbooks, but it was negated by the postage.

I go onto ebay to leave some feedback on a previous order I received and I end up ordering some more Australian Blu-rays. 😆

Ordered from Ebay:
My Girlfriend is Shobitch - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Rent-A-Girlfriend - Season 1 Complete series (Blu-ray)
Is Shobitch a present for someone?

Back