The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Yes, they’re double-dips from the earlier releases - I believe Ocean Waves and Marnie got theirs quite recently.

Yes, just a few months ago. I already have the original GKids releases for both; I don't know if there would really be any reason to buy the new re-releases though, disc quality-wise. I did buy the new steelbook for Marnie, and I really hope there will be one for Ocean Waves, but I also want to have all my GKids standard release sets to be up to date.

From the Right Stuf Sale:

Mon Colle Knights
Beelzebub
Burn the Witch
Symphogear Season 4
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Symphonia
Saiyuki Gaiden
Saiyuki Reload Burial
Peter Grill
To be the Hero/Heroine
Seven Days War

From MVM:

Jujutsu Kaisen 0
Princess Principal Crown Handler Part 2
Slime Dairies
How's not to summon a Demon Lord Season 2

Hit the Rarewaves X Crunchy sale and got:

Death Parade LE Blu-ray
Fruits Basket Season 1 Standard Blu-ray
Fruits Basket Season 2 Standard Blu-ray
Golden Kamuy Season 1 Standard Blu-ray
Golden Kamuy Season 2 Standard Blu-ray
Hinamatsuri LE Blu-ray

My birthday's in a few days so I decided to treat myself (I also bought Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle off Amazon yesterday, am wishing I'd bought it off Rarewaves as it's a bit cheaper and I don't really like supporting Amazon but what's done is done I guess) :)

Death Parade LE Blu-ray
Hinamatsuri LE Blu-ray

My birthday's in a few days so I decided to treat myself (I also bought Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle off Amazon yesterday, am wishing I'd bought it off Rarewaves as it's a bit cheaper and I don't really like supporting Amazon but what's done is done I guess) :)

I've still been holding off on getting the MVM Death Parade CE since I have the US Funimation LE box, which opens horizontally with the split running down the middle of the box, just like opening the elevator doors pictured on the front of the box... Maybe I'll get the MVM CE sometime this year during a good sale as I like the box for it too. I do already have a copy of that Hinamatsuri LE; that is a nice set, since the US only has a standard Blu-ray release.

Last edited:
I've still been holding off on getting the MVM Death Parade CE since I have the US Funimation LE box, which opens horizontally down the middle, just like opening the elevator doors pictured on the front of the box... Maybe I'll get the MVM CE sometime this year during a good sale as I like the box for it too. I do already have a copy of that Hinamatsuri LE box; that is a nice set, since the US only has a standard Blu-ray release.

Pretty sure the UK Death Parade LE is from Crunchyroll/Funimation rather than MVM? The US LE sounds lit! :)

Oh, my mistake - I would be purchasing it from MVM on their AOL website, so why I said MVM. I fixed my post.

Here is the US LE box set:

41QdTVsF8IL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA305%2C445%2C290%2C400%2C400%2CAmazonEmberBold%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg

81IPyFxe52L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Golden Kamuy is great.
Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

Death Parade LE Blu-ray
Hinamatsuri LE Blu-ray

My birthday's in a few days so I decided to treat myself (I also bought Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle off Amazon yesterday, am wishing I'd bought it off Rarewaves as it's a bit cheaper and I don't really like supporting Amazon but what's done is done I guess)
I visited Forbidden Planet today.
Survival in another World with my Mistress vol2.
Candy & Cigarettes vol1, in English this time.
After waiting 4 months, I have a copy of Ladies on Top vol1. 🤩

Buy 3, get cheapest free.

Golden Kamuy is great.
Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

I visited Forbidden Planet today.
Survival in another World with my Mistress vol2.
Candy & Cigarettes vol1, in English this time.
After waiting 4 months, I have a copy of Ladies on Top vol1. 🤩

Buy 3, get cheapest free.

I love the titles of the stuff you buy haha XD Golden Kamuy might be too violent for me tbh but it looked like it might be right up my street apart from that so I figured I'd try it at that price for the Blu-rays :)

So much for my "dry" January. You guys talked me into this (from the Rarewaves sale):

Nichijou - My Ordinary Life The Complete Series (£17.41) and Sleepy Princess In The Demon Castle (£13.33).

I stopped myself from buying the four seasons of High School DXD, so at least I have something to be proud of.

Nice I like the disc designs as well. I see it just so happens to be a digipack :D

One of a very, very few digipaks we get for US releases.

The only other digipak I can think of off the top of my head that I have from Funimation was the Eden of the East LE, and that was how many years ago now... Huh, EotE and Death Parade LE's both came out in 2016.

So much for my "dry" January. You guys talked me into this (from the Rarewaves sale):

Nichijou - My Ordinary Life The Complete Series (£17.41) and Sleepy Princess In The Demon Castle (£13.33).

I stopped myself from buying the four seasons of High School DXD, so at least I have something to be proud of.

Ditto! And I wasn't going to spend after the AL Sale...

Dr Stone S2
Golden Kamuy S1 and S2
Isekai Quartet S2
Akudama Drive
Log Horizon S3 (Shame I got the first two seasons on DVD only, but at least I get to see more of the story)
How Heavy are the Dumbbells You Lift

Death Parade LE Blu-ray
Hinamatsuri LE Blu-ray

I got all the same except for Death Parade which I bought previously. Thanks to @zappi for the heads-up on this sale.

Saving some shelf space by replacing the fruits baskets hundred individual parts into two sets - not at all annoyed that I'd bought those just before the full season releases....

Also got all of Chunibyo to add to the Kyoani collection, as feels much more worthwhile at those prices. So much for not spending after the Christmas sales bah humbug 😑

Back