The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Got the first DxD light novel. They took years and years to have an english release, and got curious when I noticed it in the shop. Guess it's finally time to see whether it's good or not.

New batch of orders:

tenor.gif

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1
Collector's Edition Blu-ray from Anime Limited

One of the rare cases that a UK release I would argue has better value than the Aniplex version. Sure the US LE has nicer artwork and the OST (which will eventually be available standalone like previous Aniplex titles), the UK version though has the same on-disc content and the other physical items as the AoA release which is still insane considering Funimation and Madman are both barebones.

Here's a quick comparison between the UK & US LEs:
95r8N6Th.png

2E73BBTh.png

I should note that the amaray cases don't have proper inside artwork in the Aniplex release, so the Nezuko cover could be the reversible cover for the Anime Limited amaray case.

Another for Demon Slayer here.
Weighted up the decision and then figured that if Konosuba went out of print pretty quickly, so would this, and I've dealt with trying to get things after that point too many times.
Honestly I'll be surprised if this keeps stock for a while due to the series' sheer popularity. Especially when the only other english release is Aniplex, which means I could see people importing this due to sheer cost.

Another splurge on Bookwalker. This time with their Halloween Coin Back Event where vols 1-3 of included titles give you 30% coin back. So I got the first 3 volumes of:
The Ancient Magus' Bride*
Happy Sugar Life*
Magical Girl Site*

And to add to my culture collection:
Interspecies Reviewers*
Plus the first book of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia* (although I'll miss out on the coin, I'm saving the second one to help towards my ranking in Nov for Dec as it'll still be a "new" book at the start of the month)

Some real nice illustrations in it for you monster girl fans. Probably would have been real nice physically, but I don't have the room and my housemate wouldn't understand 😏

Here's a small sample of the less NSFW pictures:
Screenshot_20201028-095440.jpegScreenshot_20201028-095838.jpegScreenshot_20201028-095309.jpeg

*Affiliate links

EDIT: I thought to myself screw it I'm going for the next rank for November, so bought AMB v4-7 and the Official Guide Book Merkmal (which was a 30% coin back book), HSL vols 4-6 (6 being a new release), IS vol 4 and the MG Encyclopedia 2 (for both 30%CB and its newness). So now I'm King rank which adds 15%CB to purchases including during most events.

Last edited:
Back