The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Good pickup! Dark horse is also publishing omnibuses for the manga, it's the author's first manga though, but Attack on Titan (isiyama's first real work) still looks better. I'd only reccomend going for it if you liked the anime's seemingly unfinished plot though
Ah yes I saw them on a recent visit to Waterstones, they look like pretty nice releases but I'm not a big enough fan of Elfen Lied to make getting them a priority right now.

Anime.
Plastic Memories Part(s) 1, 2
Radiant Part 1
Record of Grancrest War volume 2
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Twin Star Exorcists Part(s) 3, 4
Zombie Land Saga LE

Manga.
Magika: Swordsman and Summonar 12
Record of Grancrest War 5

Evangelion Anima light novel volume 1. Got it for free from Waterstones using accumulated store discount.

IMG_20200303_170416804.jpg

The illustration pages are really good. The mecha designs show creator Ikuto Yamashita's imagination in full flow:
IMG_20200303_170453289.jpg

My first light novel purchase. And I managed not to type "enima" by mistake. 😛

Coming to the Normanic Vault is...

ByqqhsXl.png

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1 Part 1
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1 Part 2
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD

Setting up the hauls for the second quarter of the year with The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1 limited edition sets. I really enjoyed this series and while a lot of people hate it for the first episode, I don't care I liked the whole show. I re-watched the first few episodes at my anime society and I was surprised to be still interested in it (it's quite rare since I have this mentality to focus on the new stuff or backlog of unwatched anime before going back to rewatches or revisits of older stuff).

I do plan to pre-order Wise Man's Grandchild LE but I am holding out on how much I spend at MCM Birmingham later this month.

Diabolik Lovers Season 1 Blu-ray

was $9.99 + shipping (£13 overall ish)

Need it for my vampire anime collection even if its trashy as all hell

Something very different - I'm currently in Kyiv, Ukraine and came across an amazing shop called Pulsar with a massive variety of anime and manga merchandise. All the manga is in Russian but I picked something up to give a little bit of support to the official anime/manga industry in this part of Europe: Danganronpa volume 1, or Школа отчаяния as it is known in Russian. This cost 110 UAH, which is ~£3.36.IMG_20200309_142116.jpg

Paid my proxy invoice so my order of

Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 5 Volume 1 Limited Edition (with bonus OVA, and SS)

I paid for pricey EMS shipping so it'll arrive before I move house.

Last edited:
Well Amazon US has updated the price of Diabolik Lovers S2 to be $9.99

I wish they did that when I ordered S1.

but anyway I ordered Diabolik Lovers S2 because I have a vampire anime collection, and this trash is cheap enough finally.

1583864842002.png

If ever you hear me whinging about Aniplex prices, and rolling my eyes at anyone who would pay that much, you're free to slap me around the face with a wet haddock and call me a hypocrite.

I just got my Sound Euphonium Season 2 sets today. No frills DVD sized packaging, a handful of postcards, and I wound up paying more for a one cour show than I did for the FMA Ultimate Edition. Fandom trumps all common sense...

found out that i was elegible for the £5 off £25 thing on amazon which is rare decided to order the Gundam Origins V-VI CE, figured i'd get it just incase i manage to get a copy of the I-IV CE too otherwise if i fail that i'll just have to get the regular and i can put the amaray with the V-VI CE with it and store the box somewhere

Picked up a few things in the Discotek sale at RightStuf last week:

Magic Knight Rayearth Collection Blu-ray
Star Fleet/X-Bomber Collection SD-Blu-ray
Lupin III Part 1 Collection DVD
Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Collection SD-Blu-ray
Venus Wars Blu-ray
NG Knight Lamune & 40 Collection SD-Blu-ray

Coming to the Normanic Vault is...

qtL31lX.gif

Angelic Layer
Collector's Edition Blu-ray

K: Missing Kings
Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD

K: Return of Kings
Collector's Edition Blu-ray

So. MCM Birmingham was postponed to June 2020 and I accepted that outcome, and I'm glad because I found better deals online this past week.

Basically MCM was my chance to acquire three old Anime Limited releases that ended up going into the Mystery Box deal, and fortunately, I found some good prices for the three sets. Angelic Layer for £25 and both K Project titles for £24. Getting them at AL's booth at MCM would have been at least £80 min.

As for what the rest of my MCM funds have gone or went to, that was towards 'Operation Asian Cinema OOP Edition'. More times coming soon for that!

Back