The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Next up on the collection haul is...

704400024306-anime-in-another-world-with-my-smartphone-LE-alt-A.jpg

In Another World With My Smartphone
Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD
Considering the prices between the online stores were practically the same I decided to go ahead and place my order for the Smartphone series. I haven't watched the anime yet but I wanted to own it regardless. Was going to wait until Death March got released and order them both together but I figured I'll get it now in case the conversion prices go up.

Star Blazers 2199 was almost ordered alongside this but I decided to hold out in the meantime.

Pigtails-1.jpg

Pigtails & Other Production I.G. Shorts
Film Collection Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD
I had to hold off on this set during the Christmas sale but I'm happy to see that it went back on early bird once again. It's now estimated to arrive at the end of the month which is neat. My main concern is that apparently the entire set is subtitled only, when Kick Heart I believe actually got an English dub (heck it even aired on Toonami).

Just got Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel I - Presage Flower (The Movie) Limited Collector's Edition Region B Blu Ray from AUS via. Madman. Proper gutted as it comes with a thin cardboard outer box which came in the post with creases, wrinkles and bends :( AVOID!

I did tweet MVM on Twitter though and received word that the UK release of this in April, with the exact same contents, should have a chipboard outer box! My OCD will be happy!!

So lesson to self here! Don't always jump the gun and be impatient. Do not get AUS Collectors Imports unless you know the materials are of a sturdy build! :)

On a more positive note, I am at least happy with my simple Amaray copy of Fate/Apocrypha Part 1.

DzIhr1FWkAELiqq.jpg

Madman do rarely do Chipboard boxes. MIA is similar. Berserk is also a big example AUS’ was normal cardboard but then MVM did chipboard

I did buy their Berserk Golden Age Trilogy set some time ago, but that was a normal single BD card jacket which thankfully had no damage. I am going to stick with MVM for limited editions of titles I know they will get off Madman from now on :)

I would have avoided that HF just because of the logos already... Surprised that the artbook seems to have a white spine. The JP and German books are purple. Also, is it just my eyes playing games, ot is it BD size? Does that mean the artbook is sized down, too?

Just got Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel I - Presage Flower (The Movie) Limited Collector's Edition Region B Blu Ray from AUS via. Madman. Proper gutted as it comes with a thin cardboard outer box which came in the post with creases, wrinkles and bends :( AVOID!

I did tweet MVM on Twitter though and received word that the UK release of this in April, with the exact same contents, should have a chipboard outer box! My OCD will be happy!!

So lesson to self here! Don't always jump the gun and be impatient. Do not get AUS Collectors Imports unless you know the materials are of a sturdy build! :)

On a more positive note, I am at least happy with my simple Amaray copy of Fate/Apocrypha Part 1.

DzIhr1FWkAELiqq.jpg
These are reason enough to avoid Australian CEs....
2012-06-18-teaserabd.gif

Well it looks like I’ll be charged for the K-ON!! Premium Edition that was delayed to this month soon. In amongst all my uni work I’d almost forgotten about it. Thanks to my past self for having saved up for it.

Just ordered Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 1 BD (AGAIN) on Amazon UK using Prime, which should arrive tomorrow! Had it pre-ordered for some time, but was strange that this morning it had still not been dispatched despite them having it in stock on release day yesterday! So cancelled that and made a new order. Not sure if people have had this issue with Amazon before?

To be fair most of the UK Anime I buy is usually early pre-orders from MVM & AL. I don't really buy a lot of Manga UK stuff anymore unless it is stuff I absolutely want, i.e. Kabaneri, but with that said, I have had the US Funi Ltd Edn for roughly a year now.

Not sure if people have had this issue with Amazon before?
Did you pre-order it before you joined Prime by any chance? While I’m not a Prime member, I did have pretty much the exact same thing happen when a pre-order I had came out while I was in a free trial of Prime. They seemingly didn’t upgrade that order to Prime delivery because it was made beforehand. This was a good while ago, mind.

Back