The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

“Short but Sweet” bundle from the 12 days sale. Didn’t have Genius Party, the AL Dandy sets, Kino’s Journey or Garden of Words.

I’ll be Selling the duplicates from the set either on eBay or at CeX (Tokyo Marble Chocolate/Place Promised SE/HAL/Tokyo Ghoul OVAs/Gurren Lagann Films.) If anyone wants a cheap bundle for them I might add them to my store in the marketplace for around £30+postage. Have to wait for them to arrive before shipping of course.

Space Dandy CE Season 1 and 2- Was really impressed watching the series on Netflix.
So been waiting for a sale on the series.The cheapest I had seen for the CE versions was on Zavvi but that was the DVD version so was glad this came up!
&
HAL

Bought the "Short but Sweet" bundle despite technically owning like 7/10 parts of it. The only parts I don't currently have in my collection are the Tokyo Ghoul OVAs, HAL, Genius Party and the Space Dandy CEs (which I already have on SE but I thought it'd be worth the upgrade). Just like @HWR I'll be selling the duplicates as well as my original Space Dandy SE at some point.

AL sale my poor wallet..... just bought The Assassination Classroom Collection as it worked out a lot cheaper than buying the Seasons parts individually both either DVD or Blu- Ray. This was another series I was awaiting on to be cheaper.So went for it plus the box art looks nice . Plus gotta love Koro-Sensei😍.
Will be watching the dub when it comes as I have it seen it Subbed via Funimation.

Also I bought the Place Promised In Our Early Days/Voices Of A Distant Star - Blu-ray earlier today. I think this will probably be the last things I'll be getting as my CR subscription is due for renewal soon and gotta do some Xmas present shopping. Scratch that 😂

Last edited:
Well that's the Assassination Classroom Collection ordered. I already have season 1 but at that price with the reduced shelf space I can't pass this one up. I'll sell season 1 later

Well seems I went a bit overboard in the Rightstuf sale :eek::). Just ordered 26 titles, among them Bungo Stray Dogs Season 1 LE which is only on sale today.

20 of 26 titles were also in the Rightstuf sale last year and on these alone i 'saved' $112 by waiting a year to order them ... now I'm no longer patient enough to wait yet another year ;)
Compared the prices with the help of NormanicGrav excellent lists of the 2017 and 2016 sales.

One guarantee: a nice customs form :D but actually that's calculated in. Compared where I would order it elsewhere (Amazon expedited, UP1USA, ...) it's still a gigantic saving.

• Azumanga Daioh
  • Boogiepop Phantom
  • Bungo Stray Dogs Season 1 (Limited Edition)
  • Golgo 13
  • Gugure! Kokkuri-san
  • Hatsukoi Limited
  • Intrigue in the Bakumatsu Irohanihoheto Collection 1
  • Intrigue in the Bakumatsu Irohanihoheto Collection 2
  • Is the Order a Rabbit? Season 2
  • Joker Game (Essentials)
  • Kamisama Dolls
  • Locodol
  • Magic User's Club OVA Series
  • Magic User's Club TV Series
  • MM!
  • Okamikakushi - Masque of the Wolf
  • ReLIFE Final Arc
  • RIN-NE Collection 1
  • RIN-NE Collection 2
  • Shining Hearts
  • Space Patrol Luluco (Essentials)
  • Speed Racer
  • Tales of Zestiria the X Season 2
  • The Big O
  • The Book of Bantorra
  • Yuyushiki

Well seems I went a bit overboard in the Rightstuf sale :eek::). Just ordered 26 titles, among them Bungo Stray Dogs Season 1 LE which is only on sale today.

20 of 26 titles were also in the Rightstuf sale last year and on these alone i 'saved' $112 by waiting a year to order them ... now I'm no longer patient enough to wait yet another year ;)
Compared the prices with the help of NormanicGrav excellent lists of the 2017 and 2016 sales.

One guarantee: a nice customs form :D but actually that's calculated in. Compared where I would order it elsewhere (Amazon expedited, UP1USA, ...) it's still a gigantic saving.

• Azumanga Daioh
  • Boogiepop Phantom
  • Bungo Stray Dogs Season 1 (Limited Edition)
  • Golgo 13
  • Gugure! Kokkuri-san
  • Hatsukoi Limited
  • Intrigue in the Bakumatsu Irohanihoheto Collection 1
  • Intrigue in the Bakumatsu Irohanihoheto Collection 2
  • Is the Order a Rabbit? Season 2
  • Joker Game (Essentials)
  • Kamisama Dolls
  • Locodol
  • Magic User's Club OVA Series
  • Magic User's Club TV Series
  • MM!
  • Okamikakushi - Masque of the Wolf
  • ReLIFE Final Arc
  • RIN-NE Collection 1
  • RIN-NE Collection 2
  • Shining Hearts
  • Space Patrol Luluco (Essentials)
  • Speed Racer
  • Tales of Zestiria the X Season 2
  • The Big O
  • The Book of Bantorra
  • Yuyushiki
Golgo 13 was a good choice. I’ve struggled to find anything I really want so far in the sales. Was hoping for a couple of NIS America Premium Editions like last year but they don’t seem to be adding them.

Rose of Versaille DVD Bundle

I've always wanted to watch this series and it was so cheap at Right Stuf that it had to be bought.
I’m also interested in getting this alongside the Gatchaman Blu Ray set. It looks like an interesting curio of early anime.

Went for today’s bundle since I sold my AUS copies of YuriKuma and No-Rin on eBay for more than I paid originally in the Madman sales. Haven’t seen either Daimdaler or HS DxD yet.

I’ll get around to selling the Testament SE eventually. Not in a hurry to get the CE of it since I doubt it’ll go OOP anytime soon.

Last edited:
Golgo 13 was a good choice. I’ve struggled to find anything I really want so far in the sales. Was hoping for a couple of NIS America Premium Editions like last year but they don’t seem to be adding them.
Thanks, Golgo 13 was one which was on my list for some time now, it dropped $16 compared with the 2016 sale and so I no longer could wait.
The PQ of the Blu-ray release isn't much of an improvement compared to the DVD, but since I don't have any Golgo release the choice for me was still simple, if only for avoiding jaggy subtitles on DVD releases :)

NIS Premium releases would be nice to have in the sale, but for me the only ones I'm missing and want are OOP and seriously expensive on eBay, when one pops up (Wagnaria S1, Natume S1&2, House of Five Leaves)

Thanks, Golgo 13 was one which was on my list for some time now, it dropped $16 compared with the 2016 sale and so I no longer could wait.
The PQ of the Blu-ray release isn't much of an improvement compared to the DVD, but since I don't have any Golgo release the choice for me was still simple, if only for avoiding jaggy subtitles on DVD releases :)

NIS Premium releases would be nice to have in the sale, but for me the only ones I'm missing and want are OOP and seriously expensive on eBay, when one pops up (Wagnaria S1, Natume S1&2, House of Five Leaves)
I thought Golgo 13 looked alright on Blu Ray, it’s also pretty good value considering how many episodes the set has.
In terms of NIS America titles I’m more looking for ones like The Pilot’s Love Song and Chronicles of Going Home Club.

Back