The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Time to recap the latest ventures.

Untitled-1.jpg

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I - Initiation
Collector's Edition Blu-ray
The first film in the recap/retelling trilogy gets a quick release in the UK (in a similar vein to how Madman puts out the DVDs for Akito the Exiled years prior). Considering it'll be a fair while before Funimation puts them out I figured I'll dive in and order it.

815ateVh88L._SL1500_.jpg

Infinite Stratos 2
Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray
Amazon have been price-matching Best Buy on various Sentai Filmworks sets and so far this one caught my eye the most. As I mentioned in the past there are only a couple LEs that I want to get from Sentai and this is one of them. IS2 got a unique treatment which is essentially a replica of the Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box, and given how it has certain content on the disc I don't expect them to be included later down the line (i.e. I expect it to be exclusive to this set only). Regardless, the price point was good enough since the SRP was around over $200 last time I had checked.

There are a couple more Sentai titles that I may potentially get because of this sale so I'll keep an eye on it soon. Update: Due to a potential bank problem I'll be placing any future order plans on hold until further notice. Update #2: I've ordered the Higurashi thing. But no more orders until further notice.

Last edited:
Yesterday from Best Buy's Sentai sale over here in the US:

Scum's Wish Standard Bluray
Princess Principal Standard Bluray
Grimoire of Zero PE box

All three titles for just $65 with tax.

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky from AL early bird. Always try to support these Gundam releases if I can.

Sure is a great price to get them at. Have the Anime Classics version of season 4 & 5 myself, but still need to begin with season 1 :eek: Don’t know what it is but i always have a hard time starting a long running series.

Back