The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Blood plus special edition part 2
bakemonogatari blu ray box set (unfortunatly the normal copy not the the collectors edition)
Hal Limited edition
Captain harlock steal book edition (preordered for 23rd release)
and i am now offically broke again hehe

Figured I'll sort out my pre-orders for April/May (aka my Semester 2 Part 2 pickups line-up):

Pre-ordered from United Publications (USA):
D-Frag! - Complete Series: Limited Edition [Blu-ray/DVD]
Darker Than Black - Complete Season 1: Premium Edition [Blu-ray]
the garden of sinners: recalled out summer - Film: Aniplex Limited Edition [Blu-ray]

First of all I actually waited until Funimation was able to announce Blu-ray rights with regards to watching Darker Than Black so I'm happy to see that happen.

And about the garden of sinners, well after witnessing the Blu-ray Limited Edition Import sell out instantly and the DVD Limited Edition sell out sort-of instantly I figured the latest film would end up in the exact same fate in contrast to others so yeah. I haven't picked up the first 7 films + epilogue yet but I'll get to it before recalled out summer gets released (ETA some time in March or early April).

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Ordered Darker Than Black Premium Edition [Blu-ray] from up1 too. That was a very good price.
I find it quite amusing that you mention it's a good price. I don't disagree with you at all - it is a good price, but if it cost that in the UK there would be a queue of people to lynch whoever's distributing it.

Another one here who pre-ordered Darker Than Black Premium Edition [Blu-ray] from up1usa as well.

I was going to wait for a standard edition but at £50 for the premium edition i can't resist that :D

Also ordered Fairy Tail Parts 11 - 15 from UP1USA. Never thought I'd end up liking the show as much as I do! I think the Edolas arc has sold me on the show for a while.

This is an absolute nightmare to plan out but..

Ordered from Robert's Anime Corner Store (RACS):
Sword Art Online - Box Set 3: Limited Edition [Blu-ray] - aka Fairy Dance Part 1

Now you're wondering what the hell is going on here, well it's because Aniplex have announced that Set 3 has sold out and given that Madoka had a similar situation I doubt that it will be reprinted (a standard version will most likely replace it). I've gone with RACS since they apparently have one in stock but I'll wait a few days and see what happens. If it ships then success! and I'll order Set 4 from UP1 USA immediately. Set 1 & 2 were pretty much reprinted so copies of those will be around for a little while longer and if things go as planned I'll get both sets in April (I'll have more cash by then). Due to this drastic change I'll have to delay my plans on Fate/Zero Set 2 for the time being. Pre-orders on Space Dandy Season 1 and Unbreakable Machine Doll will not be affected by this ordeal. And I'm happy to face FedEx and their 3 week late letter to pay import charges (I've done the math to know how much I'll have to pay and how much cash I'll have from my Excel Money Budgeting Spreadsheet).

Otorimonogatari BluRay from Eye on Asia. After two weeks I've gotten fed up waiting for Zavvi to get this in stock, so cancelled the order and went elsewhere.

Ordered Toradora from Amazon as the Blu-Ray dropped below the £30 mark.

Also ordered a big chunk from Funimation sale: (some are pre-orders)
.hack//SIGN
.hack//LotT
.hack//ROOTS
Darker Than Black Season 1 Blu-Ray
Darker Than Black Season 2 Blu-Ray
Michiko & Hatchin S.A.V.E. Blu-Ray
Scientific Railgun Season 1 Blu-Ray
Magical Index Season 2 Part 1 Blu-Ray
Magical Index Season 2 Part 2 Blu-Ray
Magical Index Movie Blu-Ray
Samurai Champloo Blu-Ray (FINALLY!!)

Very few shows I will buy on DVD, but I really enjoyed the .HACK series (particularly the music in SIGN) and needed to buy them again after selling them during my burnout.

Was so very tempted to pre-order Yuki Yuna, but really want to see if a UK release comes out of it. Same for the Madoka films.

UK release pre-orders finally done:
Harlock 3D Steelbook
Kill la Kill Part 2 Blu-Ray
Kill la Kill Part 3 Blu-Ray
Wings of Honneamise Blu-Ray
Place Promised / Voices Blu-Ray
Nisekoi Part 1 Blu-Ray
Tiger & Bunny: The Rising Blu-Ray
Baccano Blu-Ray
Space Dandy Season 2 Blu-Ray

Back